ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 68
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>QB Impressions
Direckshun 12:25 AM 01-03-2017
First glances at several QBs we're going to give a shit about over the next four months. Feel free to set me straight.

DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
6'4", 230 lbs
26-9 TD-INT, 59%, 2925 passing yards

I get a Cutlerian vibe from this guy. Seems to be built like a franchise QB. Powerful arm, some beautiful passes, perfect bodytype. But he is lacking an "it" factor, is he not? He's not a world-beating, overcome-the-odds, particularly spiriting QB. Looks like he could have an okay career in the NFL in which he wins nothing of consequence.

Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
6'3", 220 lbs
30-6 TD-INT, 69%, 3748 passing yards

Well if there was one Andy Reid QB in this entire draft, it's Trubisky, isn't it? Super accurate, doesn't take too many risks with the ball, is very mentally tough and very athletic. He's a slam dunk for the Chiefs to trade up for, if he lasts to the 20s, but in a QB-starved NFL with at least 6 new head coaches looking for their QB, there's no chance he lasts to us.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 03:44 PM 01-19-2018
Originally Posted by :
If McCloughan were in charge and Washington was in the market for a quarterback in the draft, he’d grab Mayfield. (During an interview on Fox Sports Radio in October, he said Mayfield reminds him of “a shorter version of Brett Favre.”)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.5c9bcdd3046b
[Reply]
RunKC 03:51 PM 01-19-2018
Mayfield is Favre?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:52 PM 01-19-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Inaccurate qbs don’t get accurate once they get to the nfl
Yup.

The windows only get smaller.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:34 PM 01-19-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mayfield is Favre?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Mayfield is Brett Favre.

Manziel is Brett Favre.

Mahomes is Brett Favre.

Brett Favre is Brett Favre.

I'm Brett Favre.

You're Brett Favre.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:19 PM 01-20-2018
Trent Dilfer on the QB's:

https://youtu.be/OrkMxpp3-zc
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:11 PM 01-20-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Trent Dilfer on the QB's:

https://youtu.be/OrkMxpp3-zc
I think Dilfer's pretty smart about his stuff but it's hard to buy into everything he says because he won't say one negative thing about any of them...

Bottom line, as I said before we drafted Mahomes last spring, all of these QBs with good talent could become stud franchise QBs. But it's gonna come down more so to where they are drafted, not what they do personally.

If Cleveland takes Pat, Deshaun, or Trubisky and throws them into the fire last year, they all would fail and probably wind up as busts. And not the kind that go into the HOF.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:57 PM 01-20-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I think Dilfer's pretty smart about his stuff but it's hard to buy into everything he says because he won't say one negative thing about any of them...

Bottom line, as I said before we drafted Mahomes last spring, all of these QBs with good talent could become stud franchise QBs. But it's gonna come down more so to where they are drafted, not what they do personally.

If Cleveland takes Pat, Deshaun, or Trubisky and throws them into the fire last year, they all would fail and probably wind up as busts. And not the kind that go into the HOF.
Veach made Dorsey pay up, so we paid the price necessary.

I will never forget the bold move made by this franchise to acquire Mahomes.

That was just solid gold WONDERFUL.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 12:33 PM 01-22-2018
These are fun.

Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Agreed. He's Bray with worse mechanics.
Originally Posted by -King-:
Am I the only one that thinks Mahomes is a Terrible prospect? His footwork is awful and it's not something that will be fixed in the NFL. He has so many throws that come off his back foot or off balance and not even out of necessity. It's just his natural throwing style to do so.

Most of the QBs need work, but he needs the most work by far and I don't think he'll ever fix his mechanics especially not by 2018 when I want our drafted QB to start by.
Posted via Mobile Device
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
IMO, best value QBs would be Peterman and Webb.

Kizer and Mahomes are 2nd/3rd rounders if the draft had decent QB talent. Unfortunately it doesn't and so they are being talked about as potential 1st rounders. They feel like Geno Smith all over again.
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He's nowhere close to Bray. Completely different QB's.
Originally Posted by -King-:
I think he is. Put Bray on Texas tech and he has 700 yard games too. I don't know how Pat does in the SEC. Pat is faster but he's also built worse. He's shorter and pudgier. I just don't see what he has that Bray didn't.
Posted via Mobile Device
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I'm telling you, these qbs are going to drop like stones this draft.

Every front office is eyeing 2018 for qbotf....

Too much defensive and offensive skill position talent atop this draft.
Originally Posted by OldSchool:
Trubisky is the only one worth a 1st round flier. The rest of the top 5 are 2nd to 4th rounders in any decent draft.

[Reply]
staylor26 01:55 PM 01-22-2018
:-)

“I just don’t see what he has that Bray didn’t” :-)
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:32 PM 01-22-2018
Speaking of Hot Takes:

Josh Rosen will be the third or fourth QB selected.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 04:49 PM 01-22-2018
Confident...

in a single interview, Josh Allen has now said:
-he put Wyoming on his back (they went 7-5)
-he has Aaron Rodgers qualities
-stats are for losers

— Jordan Zirm (@clevezirm) January 22, 2018

[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:12 PM 01-22-2018

.@JoshAllenQB "I'm way more accurate than (his numbers) that shows. The key to accuracy is making sure my feet are set right." #FanSeniorBowl @1043TheFan

— Cecil Lammey (@CecilLammey) January 22, 2018

.@JoshAllenQB "I'm training with Jordan Palmer right now. Accuracy is derived from your feet, so that's what we're working on right now." #FanSeniorBowl @1043TheFan

— Cecil Lammey (@CecilLammey) January 23, 2018

[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:13 PM 01-22-2018
Josh Allen sounds like a real dumbass
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:21 PM 01-22-2018
So... why didn't he ever fucking set his feet?

Josh Allen couldn't hit a bull's butt with a bass fucking fiddle all of last year.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:23 PM 01-22-2018
Yeah right, Josh.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-...ound-114071359
[Reply]
Page 55 of 68
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Up