ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 18
« First < 41011121314 15161718 >
Media Center>IT remake 2017
thabear04 10:12 AM 07-14-2016

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/0...phen-kings-it/

Things are really floating for Andrés Muschietti’s two-part remake of Stephen King’s It. A few weeks ago, the filmmaker posted a few pieces of concept art and set photos for his adaptation, and now he’s gone ahead and unleashed a terrifying first look at Bill Skarsgård as the nefarious titular force, Pennywise.

The soon-to-be 26-year-old actor spoke to Entertainment Weekly about the “extreme character,” specifically its complicated mythos: “He’s not even a clown. I’m playing just one of the beings It creates,” he explained, adding: “What’s funny to this evil entity might not be funny to everyone else. But he thinks it’s funny.”

Skarsgård also addressed the big shoes waiting to be filled with sewage water. “Tim Curry’s performance was truly great, but it’s important for me to do something different because of that,” he remarks of the veteran actor’s iconic role in the 1990 mini-series. “I’ll never be able to make a Tim Curry performance as good as Tim Curry.”

Better yet, the kid’s hit the books, as he contends: “I’ve been doing some clown research. I’m not sure if there was so much clown phobia before the novel. There’s obviously been this thing where people find clowns are unsettling, but nobody explored it the way Stephen King did.”

As previously reported, this adaptation will split King’s original 1986 novel into two movies. The first will follow the children being stalked by the titular shapeshifting monster, while the second will pick up decades later, when those same kids are confronting their same demons as adults.

Jaeden Lieberher, Finn Wolfhard, Jack Dylan Grazer, Wyatt Oleff, Chosen Jacobs, and Jeremy Ray Taylor lead the pack as The Losers Club which Skarsgård’s Pennywise and Owen Teague’s bullish Patrick Hocksetter will prey upon. Their adult counterparts have yet to be cast and it’s still unclear if they will prior to the first installment’s release.

Filming is currently underway in Port Hope, Ontario, which the production team has turned into Derry, Maine. Dread Central recently stumbled upon a number of juicy set photos, confirming the time frame (Summer 1989) and the appearance of one terrifying form of It (ahem, he’s carrying an axe). Take a look at a handful of shots below.

The first half of Stephen King’s It hits theaters September 8th, 2017.

[Reply]
sully1983 11:53 AM 09-10-2017
holy crap , did any of you see how much this made opening weekend??! 117 million dollars. Shattering expectations and the word of mouth should be pretty good too. Looking forward to Chapter Two in 2019
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 02:24 PM 09-10-2017
You can search around the net and find the original script.

A few big differences. The main one being the original focused more on the town of Derry basically making it a character and showing the violent past that was in the book. Mike also hD a much more prominent role. Dialogue was much worse In the original.
[Reply]
jaa1025 02:56 PM 09-10-2017
Amazing movie. I hadn't watched the original IT since it came out so I didn't remember much nor have I read the book.
[Reply]
rydogg58 06:00 PM 09-10-2017
Originally Posted by sully1983:
holy crap , did any of you see how much this made opening weekend??! 117 million dollars. Shattering expectations and the word of mouth should be pretty good too. Looking forward to Chapter Two in 2019
I can believe it. Took my daughter to go watch it this weekend and every show was sold out. We ended up watching the new Spiderman movie which was pretty good itself.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 07:54 AM 09-11-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Just left the movies. The trailer is a lot scarier than the movie. Movie wasn't scary at all really. Just a few jump scares here and there. Was basically a feature length episode of Stranger Things.

But it was a good movie overall. Kids were funny and the suspense was good enough to keep the movie going. Did feel a tad too long though.
Posted via Mobile Device
this. I enjoyed it more than previous efforts, but it could have been more...
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 09:30 AM 09-11-2017
Finn Wolfhard, Sophia Lillis, Jack Dylan, and Jeremy Ray Taylor were awesome in this. They made the movie what it was.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:14 AM 09-11-2017
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
Finn Wolfhard, Sophia Lillis, Jack Dylan, and Jeremy Ray Taylor were awesome in this. They made the movie what it was.
As if 99.9% of the populace knows who the hell they are. I'm guessing the girl name is the redhead chick.

I took my 13 year old son and his friend last night. We enjoyed it. Not real scary, not real deep, but an enjoyable watch.
They could have made the thing PG13 if they cut back on all of the superfluous F bombs.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:36 AM 09-11-2017
Originally Posted by vailpass:
As if 99.9% of the populace knows who the hell they are. I'm guessing the girl name is the redhead chick.

I took my 13 year old son and his friend last night. We enjoyed it. Not real scary, not real deep, but an enjoyable watch.
They could have made the thing PG13 if they cut back on all of the superfluous F bombs.
I agree, and broadened the audience.
A couple f-bombs here and there... fine... but too many unnecessary instances made this script.

I suppose we live in an era where F-bombs being dropped as common filler in kids sentence formation is the norm, but I still can't help thinking it sounds super trashy and reflects on a tad of ill parenting.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:39 AM 09-11-2017
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
but I still can't help thinking it sounds super trashy and reflects on a tad of ill parenting.
Did you notice the parents of the kids in the movie?
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:40 AM 09-11-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Did you notice the parents of the kids in the movie?
Point taken. :-)
[Reply]
Rausch 12:02 PM 09-11-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
Just left the movies. The trailer is a lot scarier than the movie. Movie wasn't scary at all really. Just a few jump scares here and there.
This is what worried me.

King isn't about jump scares - he's all about the slow build. Making you think about the room, make the decision on going in the room or not, and then explaining it as you enter the room.

It's not about being scared watching it - it's about conquering childhood fears...
[Reply]
RobBlake 12:22 PM 09-11-2017
It's a thriller with great story telling. 8.3/10
[Reply]
Molitoth 12:23 PM 09-11-2017
We are adults, numbed by everything that has already been done. Very rarely (if ever) is a movie going to "scare" adults anymore...

I'm pretty sure this movie was "scary" for kids though. When I saw the original mini series on TV, it scared the shit out of me as my parents probably laughed through it. Tim Curry's version was pretty damn funny and playful. The new Pennywise is evil.

I've seen some people on facebook (land of idiots) say "It wasn't scary... the movie sucked."
-lol
[Reply]
Rausch 12:29 PM 09-11-2017
I've seen some people on facebook (land of idiots) say "It wasn't scary... the movie sucked."
-lol
Most people I've talked to said the same...
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:36 PM 09-11-2017
We are adults, numbed by everything that has already been done. Very rarely (if ever) is a movie going to "scare" adults anymore...

I'm pretty sure this movie was "scary" for kids though. When I saw the original mini series on TV, it scared the shit out of me as my parents probably laughed through it. Tim Curry's version was pretty damn funny and playful. The new Pennywise is evil.

-lol
It wasn't scary other than a couple of jump scares. But it was creepy as fuck in a few places. I liked it. I liked it a lot. Can't wait for part two.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 18
« First < 41011121314 15161718 >
Up