ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1671 of 3903
« First < 671117115711621166116671668166916701671 167216731674167516811721177121712671 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:41 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Don't be a candyass. Be smart and you'll be fine.
55k have died in this country in a little more than a month. 647k die a year from heart disease. If my math is right that's about the same monthly average. We arent taking this seriously enough.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:43 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Clay County is not.
*the parts that house KCMO in Clay County are locked down until the 15th, but not NKC, Gladstone, and the rest you mentioned. That's going to give a real up close look at the differences in philosophies dealing with this.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:45 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
55k have died in this country in a little more than a month. 647k die a year from heart disease. If my math is right that's about the same monthly average. We arent taking this seriously enough.
Very debatable on how seriously we're taking this, especially with all the new info starting to pour in.

But my point stands - be smart and you should be fine.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:46 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
There's basically zero chance it will continue at that pace for the entire year.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:48 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There's basically zero chance it will continue at that pace for the entire year.
So basically 55-155K per month?
[Reply]
Bowser 02:48 PM 04-27-2020
Really makes you wonder when this thing first legitimately hit our shores.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:48 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Very debatable on how seriously we're taking this, especially with all the new info starting to pour in.

But my point stands - be smart and you should be fine.
I try to. I've been washing my hands regularly and wearing a mask when I go to the store .
[Reply]
lewdog 02:49 PM 04-27-2020
What's our capacity to roll out antibody tests? And at one point in this timeline would it be useful to roll out such testing for many citizens in this country?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:50 PM 04-27-2020
I think the original model without any restrictions in place was 500k. It's just interesting that in a months time we lost about the same number of people to COVID as we did heart disease.

I dont mean to come across as fear mongering because I dont view it that way I respect the virus. I dont think alot of people do and that's going to end up biting us in the ass.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:50 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
What's our capacity to roll out antibody tests? And at one point in this timeline would it be useful to roll out such testing for many citizens in this country?
Someone a couple of days back linked a story saying LabCorp had come up with an at home test, but they were rolling it out for first responders and essential employees to begin, iirc. Also iirc, they said the test could be bought for $120?
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:51 PM 04-27-2020
Here is the MO order for retail and restaurants.

Originally Posted by :
Retail businesses shall limit the number of individuals in any particular location. Consult the Health Order and FAQs for additional details.

Restaurants may offer dining-in services, but must adhere to social distancing and other precautionary public health measures. Tables must be spaced at least six feet apart. Communal seating areas for parties that are not connected are prohibited. There can be no more than ten people at a single table. The continued use of drive-thru, pickup, or delivery options is encouraged.

[Reply]
wazu 02:54 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Here is the MO order for retail and restaurants.
A lot better than Texas where they are ordered to limit to 25% of capacity.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:59 PM 04-27-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
A lot better than Texas where they are ordered to limit to 25% of capacity.
Here is the actual order

https://health.mo.gov/living/healthc...ening-faqs.pdf

Originally Posted by :
Are there restrictions on businesses?Yes.

Workplaces that are engaged in retail sales to the public must limit the number of customers in each retail location to the following standards based on the workplace’s fire or building code occupancy:

For smaller locations (less than 10,000 square feet), they must maintain 25 percent or less of the authorized occupancy;

For larger locations (10,000 square feet or greater), they must maintain 10 percent or less of the authorized occupancy.

Employees at the workplace and vendors delivering products into the store are not included in this calculation and do not count toward occupancy limitations.

[Reply]
dirk digler 03:03 PM 04-27-2020
O.City sounds like you can go back to work. :-)

Originally Posted by :
Does this order prevent me from receiving non-emergency healthcare, such as a routine eye exam or dental care?

Medical providers, such as dentists and optometrists, may provide usual services at their discretion. The social distancing requirements do not apply to individuals performing job duties that require contact with other people closer than six feet (6’).

Medical providers should develop and implement public health and safety measures for employees and patients, using the above direction as a guide, in addition to any guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Implementing a system where patients can wait inside their vehicles prior to entering the office is strongly encouraged, as are pre-scheduled and spaced out appointments to minimize interaction between people.

[Reply]
candyman 03:05 PM 04-27-2020
I need an Asian rub & tug, hopefully they'll be opened back up Monday as well
[Reply]
Page 1671 of 3903
« First < 671117115711621166116671668166916701671 167216731674167516811721177121712671 > Last »
Up