ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 55
« First < 4445051525354 55 >
Media Center>Dexter (Showtime)
BigRock 09:25 AM 01-09-2022
I didn't hate it because overall I always liked the series. But this whole thing has been varying degrees of absurd. I mean, it's all based on the premise that, after a decade of blending in, Dexter suddenly just had to kill some random fratbro. It was weak from the jump.

Remember when Dexter had to lead the dead guy's scent away from his place because dogs were being brought in? So he dug back down to where he hid the body (with his son asleep right inside) and he took the guy's clothes and went back out to the crime scene and danced all around to spread the scent from there back to the road? And all this after they'd established there were cameras all around in the woods? But they just never mentioned the cameras ever again so it didn't matter?

And then Dexter had to dig the guy's body back up (again with his son asleep right inside but hearing nothing) and took it to a giant incinerator that had never been mentioned before, which apparently you can just drive right up to and throw things in, but somehow he didn't just do that in the first place?

Remember a couple episodes ago when Dexter got shot? LOL

Dexter needs a drug to do his usual ritual, but he acknowledges he doesn't have access to the stuff he used before. So he gets some ketamine from the vet. Then his girlfriend googles ketamine + Miami murders and the top result is the Bay Harbor Butcher, with the text on the screen literally saying the victims were injected with ketamine, even though the show already acknowledged that's not the drug Dexter used back then. Seriously, how did this fall through the cracks?

I could keep going, including with stuff from the finale but I won't get into any spoilers. But really, 10 years after one of the most hated/mocked series endings of all time and they get a chance to redeem it and this was the effort they put out. Kinda sad.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:44 AM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by BigRock:
I didn't hate it because overall I always liked the series. But this whole thing has been varying degrees of absurd. I mean, it's all based on the premise that, after a decade of blending in, Dexter suddenly just had to kill some random fratbro. It was weak from the jump.

Remember when Dexter had to lead the dead guy's scent away from his place because dogs were being brought in? So he dug back down to where he hid the body (with his son asleep right inside) and he took the guy's clothes and went back out to the crime scene and danced all around to spread the scent from there back to the road? And all this after they'd established there were cameras all around in the woods? But they just never mentioned the cameras ever again so it didn't matter?

And then Dexter had to dig the guy's body back up (again with his son asleep right inside but hearing nothing) and took it to a giant incinerator that had never been mentioned before, which apparently you can just drive right up to and throw things in, but somehow he didn't just do that in the first place?

Dexter needs a drug to do his usual ritual, but he acknowledges he doesn't have access to the stuff he used before. So he gets some ketamine from the vet. Then his girlfriend googles ketamine + Miami murders and the top result is the Bay Harbor Butcher, with the text on the screen literally saying the victims were injected with ketamine, even though the show already acknowledged that's not the drug Dexter used back then. Seriously, how did this fall through the cracks?

I could keep going, including with stuff from the finale but I won't get into any spoilers. But really, 10 years after one of the most hated/mocked series endings of all time and they get a chance to redeem it and this was the effort they put out. Kinda sad.
Yeah, these things are very "meh" and the show def suffers from the details that made a show like Breaking Bad pretty amazing, but I still enjoy it for the unique plot.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:30 AM 01-10-2022
Yeah that was a pretty glaring example of that. It kind of made me wonder if the writers of the next few episodes just completely forgot that.
[Reply]
Bump 06:44 PM 01-09-2022
that ending sucked
[Reply]
kevrunner 07:59 PM 01-09-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
that ending sucked
What a letdown, that was a very disappointing ending.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:02 AM 01-10-2022
ugh
[Reply]
kevrunner 05:41 PM 01-10-2022
I was at least excited that we’d get a scene reuniting Angel Batista and Dexter, what a tease and then not get it, that made the ending worse for me, I thought sure it was happening.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:46 PM 01-10-2022
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
I was at least excited that we’d get a scene reuniting Angel Batista and Dexter, what a tease and then not get it, that made the ending worse for me, I thought sure it was happening.
Yeah, there was no point in even having his scene in the finale if it didn't lead to anything. Is there a cut scene that didn't make the episode?

Odd for sure.
[Reply]
BigRock 04:17 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Yeah, there was no point in even having his scene in the finale if it didn't lead to anything. Is there a cut scene that didn't make the episode?

Odd for sure.
I think finding out about Batista coming is what was supposed to make Dexter realize he was screwed. So he knew he had to get out, and did what he did, and doing that led to the ending.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:23 PM 01-14-2022
I think finding out about Batista coming is what was supposed to make Dexter realize he was screwed. So he knew he had to get out, and did what he did, and doing that led to the ending.
This, he was done and going to be extradited to Florida and get the death penalty. He killed the cop/wrestling coach, and his son in the end, with Dexter's permission, was following the code.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:47 AM 01-15-2022
He lnew there was reasonable doubt in this case. He'd walk at some point. But, he knew Batista would have the goods on him.

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
This, he was done and going to be extradited to Florida and get the death penalty. He killed the cop/wrestling coach, and his son in the end, with Dexter's permission, was following the code.
Correct, he was the bad guy that needed to be killed according to the code.

At least it was a better ending than the lumberjack one. Got some closure on Dexter.
[Reply]
Bump 02:00 AM 01-11-2022
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
ya that was pretty whack that it didn't happen.

what a let down. They should have went with my prison idea.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:14 PM 01-12-2022
Originally Posted by Bump:
ya that was pretty whack that it didn't happen.

what a let down. They should have went with my prison idea.
Your prison idea was a terrible one. But the ending to this was not great, either. Well, I guess at least there may be hope of continuing the series with his son taking over his role.
[Reply]
Talisman 02:33 PM 01-12-2022
I thought it was pretty good overall. Miles better than that abortion of a final season we got. I kind of liked the flash forward of scenes they would do at the start. Took me way too long to realize that the New Blood font was slowly filling up with blood.

There was a bit of sloppiness in the details (like the Etorphine vs Ketamine mentioned earlier). Another example: what was Angela going to say happened at the end?

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Molitoth 02:55 PM 01-15-2022
Fucking awesome ending IMO.

The only part I don't like about it is that this is finalized for Michael C Hall in the role.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 55
« First < 4445051525354 55 >
Up