ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 78 of 114
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
wazu 05:31 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Pinchshot:
Arrowhead is outdated anyway. Get a new stadium with a roof, host a Superbowl and y'all will be happy.
Hell no to the roof. Seeing my team playing in Super Bowls is all I care about. I'm not going either way so host them wherever.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:32 PM 04-04-2024
Man, if the state of Missouri loses THREE pro franchises in the span of a decade.....

Yeesh
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:36 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They’re going to KCK whether you like it or not.
This dude has been incredibly naive on this subject the entire time.

A No vote was always going to mean the end of the Chiefs in Missouri unfortunately.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:39 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Hell no to the roof. Seeing my team playing in Super Bowls is all I care about. I'm not going either way so host them wherever.
I wonder if people here who claim they want a dome have ever been to a game in a dome.

I’ve been to the Dome in St Louis and JerryWorld. They suck. They’re big and fancy but watching football indoors is horrible. The lighting and sound is strange and everything feels “off”

Football just looks better played outdoors.

I couldn’t care less about the temperature aspect. It’s an advantage for us on the field and if you can’t stand to go to a game that’s below freezing then stay home and watch it on television.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:39 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
You can doubt Nate, but I have yet to hear an argument for why they should WANT to come back to the table. It was contentious with county leadership in the first place, and then they lost the vote by 16 points. That's a HUGE chasm to cross.

Is there any argument other than "they love Arrowhead" that gives them an actual good reason why Jackson County should be their main priority moving forward? What else is that spot bringing to the table?
I don't exactly feel that's fair to the people of Jackson County. It felt like the Royals are the one that earned the 16-point loss with their terrible, wishy-washy plan, not the Chiefs. And this whole time it's kind of felt like the Chiefs are piggybacking on this vote just because they share Truman Sports Complex with the Royals. Taking that into account, to hear the Chiefs are allegedly taking a serious look at other options....it just feels a little chickenshit on their part to me. If it were the Chiefs alone approaching Jackson County voters, I feel safe saying the vote would have passed in their favor comfortably.

But I'm in total agreement over the area out there. Super convenient for tailgating and getting in and out, but there is fuckall around the area. Hell, I've heard people whispering that eminent domain could be potentially on the table for the Crossroads area for the new stadium, why not use it around Truman if that's the plan and build it up the way you want? Very little of this makes sense, really.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:39 PM 04-04-2024
The coming back to the table issue for the Chiefs without the Royals doesn’t resolve the location limitations*

*if more than just Arrowhead is what the Chiefs are after
[Reply]
PHOG 05:43 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I wonder if people here who claim they want a dome have ever been to a game in a dome.

I’ve been to the Dome in St Louis and JerryWorld. They suck. They’re big and fancy but watching football indoors is horrible. The lighting and sound is strange and everything feels “off”

I couldn’t care less about the temperature aspect. It’s an advantage for us on the field and if you can’t stand to go to a game that’s below freezing then stay home and watch it on television.
Let's just go all in and have a retractable roof. Then the purists can have outdoor football, and we can also get a Super Bowl. I really think Clark wants this badly. IMHO
[Reply]
tk13 05:46 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I don't exactly feel that's fair to the people of Jackson County. It felt like the Royals are the one that earned the 16-point loss with their terrible, wishy-washy plan, not the Chiefs. And this whole time it's kind of felt like the Chiefs are piggybacking on this vote just because they share Truman Sports Complex with the Royals. Taking that into account, to hear the Chiefs are allegedly taking a serious look at other options....it just feels a little chickenshit on their part to me. If it were the Chiefs alone approaching Jackson County voters, I feel safe saying the vote would have passed in their favor comfortably.

But I'm in total agreement over the area out there. Super convenient for tailgating and getting in and out, but there is ****all around the area. Hell, I've heard people whispering that eminent domain could be potentially on the table for the Crossroads area for the new stadium, why not use it around Truman if that's the plan and build it up the way you want? Very little of this makes sense, really.
I mean I don't know the whole reason but it makes sense it went this way because there was an existing tax that fed money to both teams. Seems to me they thought teaming up and trying to sell it as extending the current tax and people would go for that over creating new taxes that are more expensive.
[Reply]
DRM08 05:55 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:

The dome would be more about lining Clark Hunt's pockets than anything else. Super Bowl, Final Four, concerts in winter (not just summer), and so forth.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:56 PM 04-04-2024
Man, if the state of Missouri loses THREE pro franchises in the span of a decade.....

Yeesh
Sadly Missouri has a bad reputation. Morons run this state and they are running everyone off in all aspects.
[Reply]
wazu 05:58 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Let's just go all in and have a retractable roof. Then the purists can have outdoor football, and we can also get a Super Bowl. I really think Clark wants this badly. IMHO
I'm not really interested in a retractable roof either. Play in the elements. If they must have one, though, it needs to be gigantic so that when it's open it isn't basically just playing in a dome with a football field-sized hole in the ceiling.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:00 PM 04-04-2024

But I'm in total agreement over the area out there. Super convenient for tailgating and getting in and out, but there is fuckall around the area. Hell, I've heard people whispering that eminent domain could be potentially on the table for the Crossroads area for the new stadium, why not use it around Truman if that's the plan and build it up the way you want? Very little of this makes sense, really.
Possibly? But look at the thread here talking about all the plans for Arrowhead. People hated it. Maybe not as much as they hated the Royals' plans, but still. Could it have passed with just that? Tough to say, but I'm skeptical.

The issue, as I see it, is that the Chiefs are almost certainly NOT going to just put it back on the ballot as-is but without the Royals. At the same time, the designs they came up with make it pretty clear that either 1) they don't want to be at Arrowhead and half-assed it as a result or 2) they are having trouble coming up with more they can do with it that would make a substantive difference. Neither of those scenarios suggests to me that Arrowhead is their main priority for a next step.
[Reply]
wazu 06:04 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Possibly? But look at the thread here talking about all the plans for Arrowhead. People hated it. Maybe not as much as they hated the Royals' plans, but still. Could it have passed with just that? Tough to say, but I'm skeptical.

The issue, as I see it, is that the Chiefs are almost certainly NOT going to just put it back on the ballot as-is but without the Royals. At the same time, the designs they came up with make it pretty clear that either 1) they don't want to be at Arrowhead and half-assed it as a result or 2) they are having trouble coming up with more they can do with it that would make a substantive difference. Neither of those scenarios suggests to me that Arrowhead is their main priority for a next step.
I do not understand at all "hating" the Arrowhead plan. As a fan, Arrowhead is already awesome. I don't care about luxury suites or whatever other gimmicky crap they add on. The fan experience at Arrowhead is already amazing. Just keep it in tact and stay there. I'm not sure what people wanted to see from their renderings. We just upgraded everything massively like 15 years ago. Restrooms are quick in and out. Concession lines not too bad with lots of options. The seats are the same as they've always been. It's fucking Arrowhead. It needs no improvement.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 06:06 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Sadly Missouri has a bad reputation. Morons run this state and they are running everyone off in all aspects.
I would have thought the state would end up having more involvement in situations like this. I feel like I could argue that if the Chiefs move across to KCK that KCMO would still see some of the economic and reputational benefits. But surely the state of Missouri should be hell bent on keeping the team in KCMO.

To me it seems like counties are a lot more autonomous in the US than they are in Australia.
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 06:09 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
I do not understand at all "hating" the Arrowhead plan. As a fan, Arrowhead is already awesome. I don't care about luxury suites or whatever other gimmicky crap they add on. The fan experience at Arrowhead is already amazing. Just keep it in tact and stay there. I'm not sure what people wanted to see from their renderings. We just upgraded everything massively like 15 years ago. Restrooms are quick in and out. Concession lines not too bad with lots of options. The seats are the same as they've always been. It's fucking Arrowhead. It needs no improvement.
Seems to me that the issue was that what they were proposing wasn't worth anything close to 800m. If Clark said the Chiefs were staying at Arrowhead for another 20 years without any major upgrades I don't think people would be upset?
[Reply]
Page 78 of 114
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288 > Last »
Up