ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 324
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:18 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
There are a lot of "OR" scenarios. How about, OR we could have not sucked on O for the entire first half.

Face it, giving Tom Terrific that long was a contributing factor. And the D sucks too.
I mean, you can fuck around and end up not scoring, and lose that way too.

And you can NOT get a defensive stop, and lose that way.

And you can have a dumb penalty or two, and lose that way.

And you can have your killer offense shit the bed for a whole half, and lose that way.

If you need stop to win, you need a stop to win. We were an offsides penalty away. Or a bullshit roughing the passer penalty. OR we might've, oh, I don't know, tried actually covering Julian Edelman on 3rd down in overtime.

There are a lot of ways we could've won the game, and a lot of factors went into play in losing it.

Still, after decades of not being able to score enough points to win, I'm hesitant to blame scoring too fast as the primary reason.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 07:31 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
When you are trailing there is no such thing as scoring too fast. You take what you can get
Disagree, when you are the third best scoring offense in the history of the world and you are throwing all over a Patriots Defense in the 2nd half you have to think about the GOAT coming back on the next possession. We fucked this very scenario up twice this season in big games.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:33 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
Disagree, when you are the third best scoring offense in the history of the world and you are throwing all over a Patriots Defense in the 2nd half you have to think about the GOAT coming back on the next possession. We ****ed this very scenario up twice this season in big games.
or...OR....

you could ask your defense to do their job and get a fucking stop. I mean, they get paid, too.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:42 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I mean, you can fuck around and end up not scoring, and lose that way too.

And you can NOT get a defensive stop, and lose that way.

And you can have a dumb penalty or two, and lose that way.

And you can have your killer offense shit the bed for a whole half, and lose that way.

If you need stop to win, you need a stop to win. We were an offsides penalty away. Or a bullshit roughing the passer penalty. OR we might've, oh, I don't know, tried actually covering Julian Edelman on 3rd down in overtime.

There are a lot of ways we could've won the game, and a lot of factors went into play in losing it.

Still, after decades of not being able to score enough points to win, I'm hesitant to blame scoring too fast as the primary reason.
OR they could have fired Sutton when it was clear he was trash.

The ORs just keep coming.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:43 AM 01-27-2019
OR they could have fired Sutton when it was clear he was trash.

The ORs just keep coming.
No argument there.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:49 AM 01-27-2019
It just sucks.. And now Tom Terrific is all but guaranteed another ring because there ain't no way the NFL is going to underofficiate Rams, and Tom Terrific and BB are going to exploit the shit out of it.

And Tom will probably come back next year to withdraw even more from the NFL's "we love anything Tom" account.

In b4, "but but but but they suspended Tom for cheating...." Yes they did, then they got right back to sucking his dick.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:58 AM 01-27-2019
point of clarification to all who've been follow this thread the last few days-

I slipped on the ice taking the trash out the other day, fell flat on my ass and slid down the 30 ft. driveway with the trashcan on top of me and so have been stuck on the couch with a fucked up back with nothing to do. Probably a little extra salty, as pain does have that effect. (It's okay, you can laugh at me, I have plenty.)

I don't mind anyone saying-"meh, not excited about this hire". There are legit concerns.
I don't mind anyone saying-"hey, I'm cautiously optimistic about this hire", as I am, although I've been cast as some blind true fan that never questions the management or coaching of the team. (Not true, by the way, if you look back at my posts over, oh, the last SEVENTEEN YEARS.)

I do find all the overreaction, gloom-and-doom-because-Chiefs-Andy-Reid-is-stupid-fire-them-all bitching tiresome. But, you know, because internet forum.

But for my part, I may have been a little harsh from time to time. So, my apologies.

Back to the regular scheduled program.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:00 AM 01-27-2019
It just sucks.. And now Tom Terrific is all but guaranteed another ring because there ain't no way the NFL is going to underofficiate Rams, and Tom Terrific and BB are going to exploit the shit out of it.

And Tom will probably come back next year to withdraw even more from the NFL's "we love anything Tom" account.

In b4, "but but but but they suspended Tom for cheating...." Yes they did, then they got right back to sucking his dick.
YUP.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:33 AM 01-27-2019
We lost the game partly because they marched back down the field and scored. Hate it all you want, we scored too fast.
When your defense is made from poorly coached underachievers, duct tape, and slow-assed Hobos, it doesn't matter how slow or fast you score.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:59 AM 01-27-2019
There is no such thing as scoring too fast. To say you scored "too fast" is to make an assumption you will score at all. A fumble, drop, interception, tipped pass, hold, false start, illegal formation, miscommunication on route, bad pass, missed block, bad snap, sack and many other things seem to always disappear as a probability when people say "we scored too fast".

It's the most idiotic statement in sports.
[Reply]
O.city 10:20 AM 01-27-2019
Yeah the score to fast thing never made sense to me
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:40 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
Disagree, when you are the third best scoring offense in the history of the world and you are throwing all over a Patriots Defense in the 2nd half you have to think about the GOAT coming back on the next possession. We fucked this very scenario up twice this season in big games.
And then what happens when you try and kill clock.....but you don’t end up scoring?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:42 AM 01-27-2019
If you can score, you score.

You pay a defense for a reason.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:45 AM 01-27-2019
Fuck you all. Andy Reid is a terrible head coach. Just disregard the fact that he's groomed one of the best young QBs in NFL history, or the fact that he's actually the 2nd best coach in Chiefs history and will take the 1st spot when we win a Superbowl with Mahomes.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:50 AM 01-27-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Fuck you all. Andy Reid is a terrible head coach. Just disregard the fact that he's groomed one of the best young QBs in NFL history, or the fact that he's actually the 2nd best coach in Chiefs history and will take the 1st spot when we win a Superbowl with Mahomes.
Right or wrong....Andy’s legacy is riding on this hire.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 324
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up