ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 159 of 324
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Buckweath 09:15 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
First half: 26 TD
Second half: 24 TD
Yeah and anyways the temperatures are colder in the second half of the season so it would only be normal that a QB's stats would be slightly lower.

His comments would have made more sense if he was talking about Brees or Goff. Those guys slowed down in the second half of the season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:06 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I see a lot more games like the Raiders & 49ers games. Chiefs get a big lead & then try & run the clock.

The Rams, Patriots & Steelers games were outliers. Take those games away & that should be Mahomes typical numbers next season.
That's what I think too.

I expect him to throw 35 TDs next season with defensive improvements. That's still going to likely be best in the league or close to it. It just won't be 50.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:20 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So I was 47% right on all of that, lol. 2700 yards. Huh. Seems like a bad dream.

I thought Daboll was here for the Tyler Thigpen experiment, too. Those shit years just melt into each other....

The year prior to Daboll was the REALLY laughable one. Old man Bill Muir. The dude who nodded off in the middle of a preseason game
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:29 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's what I think too.

I expect him to throw 35 TDs next season with defensive improvements. That's still going to likely be best in the league or close to it. It just won't be 50.
I think he could still pull 40+ easy if the defense can get the opposition off the field quickly, and on a regular basis.

Granted, it's not the important thing, but I DO like having a QB that makes the rest of the league look like schlubs. :-)
[Reply]
Rausch 10:30 AM 02-19-2019
I see a lot more games like the Raiders & 49ers games. Chiefs get a big lead & then try & run the clock.

The Rams, Patriots & Steelers games were outliers. Take those games away & that should be Mahomes typical numbers next season.
That's the thing. With even a respectable D we don't need to score 21 pts in the 4th quarter of games. Instead we're running the clock to protect the lead...
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:33 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The year prior to Daboll was the REALLY laughable one. Old man Bill Muir. The dude who nodded off in the middle of a preseason game
They still threw for over 3000 yards. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:52 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's what I think too.

:-)

This does not make much sense. So the Defense will be getting off the field more and giving the Offense more chances to score- yet Mahomes is going to suddenly be mediocre?

We won't be running the 90's Chiefs offense.

Mahomes will be the first 50 /50 QB in the NFL.

I am calling it now.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:54 AM 02-19-2019
I could see Mahomes' TD production drop to 48 or 49.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:59 AM 02-19-2019

So we are going to get these big leads- but it won't be Mahomes throwing the football. :-)

Plus you are assuming the Defense will be improved- something we have been waiting on for a decade now.

You might want to look at our schedule next year- we won't be just blowing the doors off those teams and then coasting every second half.
[Reply]
In58men 11:03 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I could see Mahomes' TD production drop to 48 or 49.
Mahomes should see more field time with a good defense. I don’t see him holding back even with 14 pt leads in the 4th.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:10 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Mahomes should see more field time with a good defense. I don’t see him holding back even with 14 pt leads in the 4th.
Mahomes is not wired that way- he sees an open guy, he is throwing it.

Hopefully losing so many games with Huge leads has cured Andy of his second-half turtle routine, where he gets a lead and then milk the clock. This the NFL, you can't let up on teams.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:17 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Mahomes is not wired that way- he sees an open guy, he is throwing it.

Hopefully losing so many games with Huge leads has cured Andy of his second-half turtle routine, where he gets a lead and then milk the clock. This the NFL, you can't let up on teams.
Yes he is, and thank God for it. There's no such thing as too many TD's.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:27 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Yes he is, and thank God for it. There's no such thing as too many TD's.
I was agreeing that Mahomes will Not turn into a milk the clock, check down artist like Alex was- despite Andy getting scared every time he has the lead.

Mahomes is always looking downfield.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:37 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I was agreeing that Mahomes will Not turn into a milk the clock, check down artist like Alex was- despite Andy getting scared every time he has the lead.

Mahomes is always looking downfield.
Reid could direct him to go easy but if he sees his shot, he's taking it.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 12:45 PM 02-19-2019
Mahomes takes over threads like he takes over games.
[Reply]
Page 159 of 324
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259 > Last »
Up