ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 33
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins sounds like he [might] play.
ShowtimeSBMVP 04:14 AM 01-24-2021

Chiefs likely will have running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire but be without Le'Veon Bell for today’s AFC Championship Game against the Buffalo Bills, per source.

Additionally, the Chiefs will test WR Sammy Watkins pregame, but don’t sound optimistic he will play today.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 24, 2021

[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:55 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Never understood why people say/type the word "finna"

Where on earth did that come from?
In some areas they say "fixing to" instead of "going to". It's typically in southern areas where it comes out closer to "fixin' tuh" ("We're fixin' tuh go tuh the store") which leads to the pretty simple shortening of "finna".
[Reply]
Time's Yours 10:57 AM 01-27-2021

Going to = gonna

Fixing to = finna
[Reply]
BWillie 10:58 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I expect the Chiefs to take a receiver fairly early in the draft and sign a cheap vet.

The Fisher injury makes the offseason much more challenging. It’s one thing to replace 1 OT, but 2 is going to be tough. Hopefully the organization feels confident in Niang stepping it at one of the tackle spots. That’ll help a lot.
I'd rather spend the money on FA WR and draft some OL. Drafting WR's is never a sure thing.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:59 AM 01-27-2021

I have never heard that word one time. Except today.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:03 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint:
Veach took the gamble.
And that gamble paid off in spades...first SB win in 50 years. Watkins was a HUGE factor in that..especially the SB comeback.

Sucks his body isnt durable...but Chiefs' fans should never dis him...he helped make the impossible, possible.

In all actuality, Watkins did exactly what he was hired to do...help get KC a ring.

There was only like a $2 million difference in releasing or keeping him this year...hope he plays in 2 weeks.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 11:09 AM 01-27-2021
The other receivers were all rookies here. I hope they draft a replacement as that has worked the best
[Reply]
oldman 12:53 PM 01-27-2021
As stated earlier, Watkins was brought in to take us over the top and that he did. He's not only a good receiver, but he is a good blocker. However, you have to be on the field to contribute and he just isn't there enough. As much as he's been a good teammate over his time here, it's time to move on.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:56 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Time's Yours:
Going to = gonna

Fixing to = finna
Yep.

I am going to = Imma.
[Reply]
-King- 12:57 PM 01-27-2021

It's basically a short hand of how southern people they're "fitting to ____". I don't know why people say either but whatever.
[Reply]
Renegade 12:58 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
As stated earlier, Watkins was brought in to take us over the top and that he did. He's not only a good receiver, but he is a good blocker. However, you have to be on the field to contribute and he just isn't there enough. As much as he's been a good teammate over his time here, it's time to move on.
Lets say he goes 75-90 yards with 4-5 catches for first downs and 2 TD's in SB. Does your opinion of him change?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:04 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Sammy should really stop talking smack on Twitter that his prosthetic legs can't back up.
:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:06 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Renegade:
Lets say he goes 75-90 yards with 4-5 catches for first downs and 2 TD's in SB. Does your opinion of him change?
I think it's far more likely that he has zero stats on Super Bowl Sunday as opposed to 2 TD's.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 01:11 PM 01-27-2021
Please Lord, let this happen.
[Reply]
TEX 01:49 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
I'm in this camp also.
[Reply]
TEX 01:53 PM 01-27-2021
Not for me it doesn't. I was ok prior to these playoffs, because PLAYOFF SAMMY balls out! However, now that he's started to miss playoff games, and the team has not missed a beat without him, his usefulness has diminished IMO. Spend the money it will take to keep him on OL / LB. I love the guy, just can't count on him.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 33
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up