ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Alex Smith's Garbage MNF Showing Proves Chiefs Were Right to Get Rid of Him
Hammock Parties 06:06 PM 10-11-2018
https://www.12up.com/posts/6192623-a...partners/40920

Originally Posted by :
In case you weren't convinced yet, Monday night's primetime game between the ​Washington Redskins and New Orleans Saints proved that the Kansas City Chiefs made the right decision in moving on from quarterback Alex Smith. The Redskins got walloped 43-19, and Smith's performance was predictably bland. This wasn't just some game for the Skins, either-- this was a "prove it" matchup against a ferocious opponent.

Washington entered best in the NFC East and boasting one of the best defenses in the league, and to make things even more intense, the game was smack in the middle of primetime. And Smith posted 275 yards on 23-39 passing with zero touchdowns and an interception against a New Orleans team ranked 28th in the league in scoring defense.

Meanwhile, in Kansas City, Patrick Mahomes is lighting up the league in Smith's place. The young gun leads the league in touchdown passes with 14 and has been electric from the jump. Of course, the Chiefs moved Smith to Washington after last season not just because they really liked what they had in Mahomes, but because they knew what they didn't have in Smith. And they were entirely right.

Smith is a game manager. He doesn't make a ton of mistakes. He can move a bit. He hits on some deep balls. But what Smith cannot do is take over a game. His arm talent can't hold a candle to that of Mahomes. He can't fire a bullet on the run. He most certainly cannot carry an offense. KC knew that and interpreted his excellent statistics last season as more of a reflection of their offensive scheme and alternative playmakers. While they didn't know that the young Mahomes would be quite this good so early, they were confident enough that he could operate well in their fantastic system. He was younger, cheaper, and from what they saw, more dynamic.

The choice was simple.

The move paid off with unforeseen levels of success. Mahomes is the leading candidate for MVP thus far, and Smith has as many touchdowns as he has games played (4). There's no debating it. Smith is no franchise quarterback. He won't be carrying anybody to anything. If you want to win with him, you'll have to have everything else on your team be near-perfect.

Whether Mahomes can be the man come the postseason is yet to be seen. But so far, he's making the Kansas City brass look like geniuses for shipping Smith out of town.

[Reply]
RealSNR 07:40 AM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Alrighty then. Smith sucks. Thats news to who?

At this point, bitching about Smith sucking does as much good as slamming Grbac, Cassell etc. JUST MOVE ON!
No.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:09 AM 10-12-2018
Eh, I don't really care what he does in Washington. He's not our quarterback anymore. Other than making the haters on here miserable if he does well, I have no reason to care. Patrick Mahomes is playing lights out for the Chiefs. That's fantastic! Alex served his purpose here. Now the Redskins can care.
[Reply]
wazu 08:14 AM 10-12-2018
I didn’t need that MNF game to prove anything. If Alex were playing his best and leading Washington to wins I would still be so glad he’s gone.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:19 AM 10-12-2018
The Chiefs could be 0-5 right now and it would still have been the correct decision.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:31 AM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by wazu:
I didn’t need that MNF game to prove anything. If Alex were playing his best and leading Washington to wins I would still be so glad he’s gone.
That.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:48 AM 10-12-2018
Glad we have Mahomes but I’ve got zero problems with Alex Smith. He was the right QB at the right time for the Chiefs. He doesn’t get enough credit for leading the Chiefs out of dark times.

Overall he was probably the most successful Chiefs QB since Dawson. (Depends on how you feel about Montana and Trent Green eras)
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:02 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Glad we have Mahomes but I’ve got zero problems with Alex Smith. He was the right QB at the right time for the Chiefs. He doesn’t get enough credit for leading the Chiefs out of dark times.

Overall he was probably the most successful Chiefs QB since Dawson. (Depends on how you feel about Montana and Trent Green eras)
Green was absolutely better.

The defense carried this team for most of Alex's tenure.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:05 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Better how? Stats? Regular seasons wins? Playoff wins or appearances?

Depends on how you look at it.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:10 PM 10-12-2018

Looking at it with your eyes open would tell you Geeen was significantly better.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:30 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Looking at it with your eyes open would tell you Geeen was significantly better.
Yep.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:39 PM 10-12-2018
Green only got two seasons as a Chief of the pussified pass defense rules that Smith's had his entire career, too.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:44 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

Not with leads in the the playoffs
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:46 PM 10-12-2018
I didn't need confirmation, Smiff gonna Smiff.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:41 PM 10-12-2018
After hating the trade from the get go, this is a nice consolation prize. And yes, we could have picked up any schmuck to put up his 3400 yards and 19 TDs he averaged his first 4 seasons.
[Reply]
Valiant 05:46 PM 10-12-2018

A better qb. Period. While a Chief.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up