ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1031 of 1208
« First < 31531931981102110271028102910301031 1032103310341035104110811131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
lewdog 09:45 PM 08-16-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Interesting.. I've never had it taste different. That being said, I Sous Vide mine with fresh Rosemary (I LOVE IT), and that really helps me get more of that infused into the steak.

But yes, Sous Vide REALLY helps with timing dinner. Once you know the "out of the water, through the pan, and onto the plate" time, all the other things, including visitors being chatty and late, simply don't matter. Make the sides when you want, the steaks will be ready....
Yeah, that part is just amazing as well. I am glad I got the 8 QT now (thanks KCUnited) as I could do a number of steaks for a small gathering. Doesn't get much easier than Sous Vide for getting things cooked correct and timed perfectly to the rest of the meal.

I am sold!
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:39 PM 08-17-2020
did you dry if off well before blackening it?

I like a harder sear and put mine in freezer for less than 5 minutes and throw it into hot coals and then rest a few minutes in foil before slicing/ serving...

Go ahead, Laugh but my sous vide steak is seared hard, it's not over cooked. quite the opposite it's blood red except for the outside edges,
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:43 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Yeah, that part is just amazing as well. I am glad I got the 8 QT now (thanks KCUnited) as I could do a number of steaks for a small gathering. Doesn't get much easier than Sous Vide for getting things cooked correct and timed perfectly to the rest of the meal.

I am sold!
Agree, there's nothing quite like it because, when everybody's busy, the flexibility keeps you eating great meals instead of something fast.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:58 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
did you dry if off well before blackening it?

I like a harder sear and put mine in freezer for less than 5 minutes and throw it into hot coals and then rest a few minutes in foil before slicing/ serving...

Go ahead, Laugh but my sous vide steak is seared hard, it's not over cooked. quite the opposite it's blood red except for the outside edges,
Shit I didn稚!!! I remember reading that too.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:05 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
No pics but it turned out pretty good. The texture was just amazing and it's crazy that the time window is so variable, which makes dinner timing very easy. I cooked at 135 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

I seared each side for 1 minute in a very hot cast iron after the Sous Vide. However, it didn't taste as good as a steak cooked just in the cast iron. I seasoned the steak before placing in the bag but should I be timing the seasoning differently? Normally I season steaks with salt/pepper and let them sit in the fridge overnight before cooking.
Pre-sear.

Thaw it, sear it, bag it. Sear it again afterwards if you want for texture's sake.

But when you pre-sear, it creates some carmalization that then exists during the cooking process and gives you a richer flavor.

Sometimes I'll pull a steak straight out of the freezer and skip that step, but if I have time, I'll always try to pre-sear. It definitely improves the final product.

And yes, always pat dry before searing (with or without the sous vide - makes a pretty big difference, IMO)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:37 PM 08-17-2020
Pork Chops smothered in cream of mushroom soup.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:54 PM 08-17-2020
French dip sammies made from this, my version of faux Brisket

[Reply]
Easy 6 06:11 PM 08-17-2020
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs have become my GO TO grilling meat... you still get that same tender, flavorful chicken meat, but they cook up in minutes lime a breast

So leftover chicken thighs from sunday
Fresh sweet corn sprinkled with Goya Adobo
Moms classic cucumber and onion pickles, a summer staple
Maybe a slice of buttered bread or two, we値l see

An easy peasy, minimal effort or cleanup work night din din
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:15 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs have become my GO TO grilling meat... you still get that same tender, flavorful chicken meat, but they cook up in minutes lime a breast

Oh hell yeah!
[Reply]
Pablo 06:41 PM 08-17-2020
Having some leftover Minsky's octoberfest pizza. It's a little weird but good.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:43 PM 08-17-2020

I love crispy chicken skin too much to go boneless for grilling most of the time. But I do vastly prefer the b/s thighs over breasts for regular use.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:07 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
French dip sammies made from this, my version of faux Brisket

Looks good. Chuck roast?
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:08 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I love crispy chicken skin too much to go boneless for grilling most of the time. But I do vastly prefer the b/s thighs over breasts for regular use.
I知 a boob guy. After I figured out how to butterfly them and cook them to the appropriate temperature I知 hooked.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:08 PM 08-17-2020
Bacon cheeseburger sliders. Been watching numerous videos and I will come up with my own concoction. I think this will be awesome when I figure out what I want it to be. Also want to do some spicy deviled eggs as an appetizer. Wanting to experiment with something different in the culinary world. LOL!
[Reply]
srvy 07:09 PM 08-17-2020

I like this idea the next road stand I see in trying this on the corn.
[Reply]
Page 1031 of 1208
« First < 31531931981102110271028102910301031 1032103310341035104110811131 > Last »
Up