ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1762 of 3903
« First < 762126216621712175217581759176017611762 176317641765176617721812186222622762 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BWillie 06:32 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
You have absolutely no way of knowing that. It's not a conspiracy theory. It's a fact.
It's a fact that it was overwhelming our health care facilities and was a huge problem here in January? No, that is not a fact. Not at all. The people that claim they had it then have no evidence at all, that they had it. Just that is because they want to feel that they did.

Of the people that are claiming they had it in January and February - I bet 1 out of 25,000 of them actually had it.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:33 PM 05-01-2020
I mean it’s one hell of a coinkydink that this happens at the same time we have one of our worst flu seasons ever.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:34 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Been swimming every day with this little guy. He’s loving the water and actually listening about how to move his arms and legs. It’s been fun!
That's the best. Glad you got some quality family time outta this whole mess, you all deserve it. My son absolutely loves all things water and we're all ready for his grandpa to open his pool up so he can get out there and go wild. Well, I wanna go wild too.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:35 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It's a fact that it was overwhelming our health care facilities and was a huge problem here in January? No, that is not a fact. Not at all. The people that claim they had it then have no evidence at all, that they had it. Just that is because they want to feel that they did.
Again you have no way of knowing any of that at all. None. In fact there are already documented cases refuting your argument.

And our hospitals are so overrun they are laying people off. Remember last month the CA Gov was asking people to come out of retirement to help and now his state has hospitals laying people off left and right.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 06:36 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Just taking a wild stab at things but maybe you had covid, got over it, then developed a secondary infection?

Not running a fever is a puzzler though.
That’s my assumption too, hoping for a negative Covid test and positive antibodies. Pleasantly surprised they took my blood to send off for the antibody testing. Didn’t expect that at all.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:38 PM 05-01-2020
Again you have no way of knowing any of that at all. None. In fact there are already documented cases refuting your argument.

And our hospitals are so overrun they are laying people off. Remember last month the CA Gov was asking people to come out of retirement to help and now his state has hospitals laying people off left and right.
You aren't reading what I'm saying.

I'm saying it was here in January and February. But it was only in a few clusters and had not achieved a mature community spread.

99% of everyone saying they had it, you know the type, the Pete's types on Facebook - didn't have it. Thats what I'm saying.

In any significant rise in the flu in a flu season, doctors will start ordering more influenza tests to see if anything else is going on. There was no report of any wide spread known corona virus cases during those times. There were cases - yes - but it was not wide spread - yet.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:39 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by The PMII Hypothesis:
That’s my assumption too, hoping for a negative Covid test and positive antibodies. Pleasantly surprised they took my blood to send off for the antibody testing. Didn’t expect that at all.
I’d be really curious to see the test come back negative. I am with Lou in wondering what the rate of false positives and such might be as well.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:40 PM 05-01-2020
I tested positive. I’m 7 days quarantined from my exposure at work.

I have no symptoms with my positive test. Hope that continues.
Kick it’s ass Seabass
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 06:40 PM 05-01-2020
I’m on day 7 since my exposure. I have no symptoms.

Wife and kid with no symptoms as well. Not sure point of testing them. They both stay at home.
Glad you’re so far so good. How were you exposed by your coworker? Just same office building? Crazy so many of you are testing positive.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:42 PM 05-01-2020
You aren't reading what I'm saying.

I'm saying it was here in January and February. But it was only in a few clusters and had not achieved a mature community spread.

99% of everyone saying they had it, you know the type, the Pete's types on Facebook - didn't have it. Thats what I'm saying.

In any significant rise in the flu in a flu season, doctors will start ordering more influenza tests to see if anything else is going on. There was no report of any wide spread known corona virus cases during those times. There were cases - yes - but it was not wide spread - yet.
I understand what you are saying but we have no way of knowing that at all. You can straw man the Facebook thing all you want that doesn’t change the fact we had some other factual medical phenomena going on this year.

For instance, every year during flu season at least once our system puts out the order that if you have not had the flu shot and work in a hospital or clinic you have to wear a mask.

This year was the first time they have ever said it didn’t matter where you work if you didn’t get the flu shot you had to wear a mask because shit was so bad. A month of so later and we are all talking about Covid-19. That’s one hell of a fucking coinkydink.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:42 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by The PMII Hypothesis:
Glad you’re so far so good. How were you exposed by your coworker? Just same office building? Crazy so many of you are testing positive.
Hopefully he exposed himself a very tasteful way.....:-)
[Reply]
Monticore 06:43 PM 05-01-2020
I mean it’s one hell of a coinkydink that this happens at the same time we have one of our worst flu seasons ever.
Maybe all those flu deaths were actually covid , I don’t think you want that making the rounds.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:45 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Maybe all those flu deaths were actually covid , I don’t think you want that making the rounds.
You know I would bet some were. My Son’s pediatrician told us she has treated more kids for pneumonia this year than she ever has. Again, what a coinkydink.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:46 PM 05-01-2020
I understand what you are saying but we have no way of knowing that at all. You can straw man the Facebook thing all you want that doesn’t change the fact we had some other factual medical phenomena going on this year.

For instance, every year during flu season at least once our system puts out the order that if you have not had the flu shot and work in a hospital or clinic you have to wear a mask.

This year was the first time they have ever said it didn’t matter where you work if you didn’t get the flu shot you had to wear a mask because shit was so bad. A month of so later and we are all talking about Covid-19. That’s one hell of a ****ing coinkydink.
I tell you what, if it had achieved mature community spread in January nor December and out health care system and huge country didn't find out then we have the worlds worst health care system. And I don't thin you or anyone believes that's the case
[Reply]
petegz28 06:51 PM 05-01-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I tell you what, if it had achieved mature community spread in January nor December and out health care system and huge country didn't find out then we have the worlds worst health care system. And I don't thin you or anyone believes that's the case
Were we looking for it? Anecdotal but I know of a doctor who tested a person for for all kinds of influenza and they came back negative but he swore they had the flu and then made the comment “I am seeing a lot of this. It’s almost like there is something else going around”. Yes, that gets said a lot but again the timing is quite coincidental
[Reply]
Page 1762 of 3903
« First < 762126216621712175217581759176017611762 176317641765176617721812186222622762 > Last »
Up