ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 141 of 172
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
listopencil 07:35 PM 04-22-2020
My impression was that Saul was already trying to come up with something unforgivable that would push Kim away for good when he was sitting on the hotel bed.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:50 AM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by journeyscarab:
According to the BCS Wiki, Kim was born in Red Cloud, Nebraska near the Nebraska/Kansas border. Saul/Jimmy is 3.5 hours away from her birthplace. Could there be a possibility she leave ABQ and hides out back in her hometown?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Wexler
"Hiding out" in your hometown of 1000 people doesn't really seem like a great idea.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Will Kim leave him for not going all-in with her scheme? Or Saul leaves her for becoming a horrible person?

We all assume that Saul is the bad one, what if Kim ends up being far worse?
I think Dane pointed it out a couple weeks ago - it's time to scrap the "Jimmy broke Kim" thing (just as we should've scrapped "Chuck broke Jimmy" well before we did...)

Jimmy simply enabled Kim's worst impulses but in the end, they were always there. And whether it happened now w/ Jimmy or 10 years from now without him, she was always going to 'break bad'.

The finger guns there were Gilligans way of calling back to Jimmy's finger guns when he changed his name and saying - "Hey guys, Kim's a lot more like Jimmy than you think. He didn't drag who down this road, she's been happily riding shotgun with him as they drive it together the whole time. Maybe don't be surprised if she takes the wheel soon enough..."
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:34 PM 04-24-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think Dane pointed it out a couple weeks ago - it's time to scrap the "Jimmy broke Kim" thing (just as we should've scrapped "Chuck broke Jimmy" well before we did...)

Jimmy simply enabled Kim's worst impulses but in the end, they were always there. And whether it happened now w/ Jimmy or 10 years from now without him, she was always going to 'break bad'.

The finger guns there were Gilligans way of calling back to Jimmy's finger guns when he changed his name and saying - "Hey guys, Kim's a lot more like Jimmy than you think. He didn't drag who down this road, she's been happily riding shotgun with him as they drive it together the whole time. Maybe don't be surprised if she takes the wheel soon enough..."
I agree she always had the potential. Disagree that she was always going to 'break bad.'

The trait they're striving for with Kim is a strong resistance to being coddled or protected. Hamlin has no right to tell her whether her husband is good or not. Saul has no right to tell her that the game he's dipping into isn't in her nature. Had things broken differently, she could be a valiant supporter of Saul/Jimmy striving to defend run-of-the-mill criminals without the danger and ethical breaches. If Mesa Verde had shown more compassion to the downtrodden, she could have made peace with a balance of client service and pro se.

She has a rebellious and independent streak, not a criminal and underhanded one.
[Reply]
sedated 02:14 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I agree she always had the potential. Disagree that she was always going to 'break bad.'
Kinda like an alcoholic that never had a drink before - it was always there, but Jimmy was the one that insisted on going to the bar and taking shots.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:26 AM 04-28-2020
I think most, if not all, of you guys are making Kim's story arc way too complicated.

Breaking Bad was about Walt and to a lessor extent, Pinkman. Saul Goodman was a tertiary character at best and there was absolutely no reason why Kim should have been mentioned or featured in BB.

Her absence can be easily explained away without ending up in prison (which doesn't fit either show's theme) or dead, with just a simple exposition.

I just can't make the leap that Kim is dead or in prison during BB because I just don't think Saul could continue to exist. We've seen how upset Jimmy became at the loss of his brother, Chuck, someone who treated him poorly, to say the least.

If Kim were to die or end up in prison, the constant guilt and sadness would be too overwhelming for Jimmy and there's no way he could have been the same Saul Goodman in BB had that type of tragedy occurred.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 12:13 AM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think most, if not all, of you guys are making Kim's story arc way too complicated.

Breaking Bad was about Walt and to a lessor extent, Pinkman. Saul Goodman was a tertiary character at best and there was absolutely no reason why Kim should have been mentioned or featured in BB.

Her absence can be easily explained away without ending up in prison (which doesn't fit either show's theme) or dead, with just a simple exposition.

I just can't make the leap that Kim is dead or in prison during BB because I just don't think Saul could continue to exist. We've seen how upset Jimmy became at the loss of his brother, Chuck, someone who treated him poorly, to say the least.

If Kim were to die or end up in prison, the constant guilt and sadness would be too overwhelming for Jimmy and there's no way he could have been the same Saul Goodman in BB had that type of tragedy occurred.
That's silly, of course he could still be "the same" Saul Goodman. Tragedies happen and life goes on, eventually. He's not going to be a lawyer? He's not going to be a shady lawyer?

I do agree that there doesn't need to be a tragic ending for Kim just because she seems to be getting bolder and riskier and she's not mentioned in BB.
A very good explanation of why an alive and free Kim isn't mentioned in BB is simply that...BB isn't about her and there's no need to mention her.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:31 AM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
A very good explanation of why an alive and free Kim isn't mentioned in BB is simply that...BB isn't about her and there's no need to mention her.
Yeah, why the hell would Saul casually talk about Kim in a conversation with meth manufacturers?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:41 AM 04-29-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
That's silly, of course he could still be "the same" Saul Goodman. Tragedies happen and life goes on, eventually. He's not going to be a lawyer? He's not going to be a shady lawyer?
Agree to disagree.

Jimmy was very, very concerned about Kim's safety and well being, enough so to speak out against a drug lord that could have killed them both instantly.

He threw bowling balls on Howard's car and hired hookers to embarrass him because he was angry about Chuck's demise. There's no way that Jimmy wouldn't have gone apeshit if Kim was killed by any Cartel member and there's no doubt in my mind had that occurred, he'd have wound up dead himself.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:50 AM 05-04-2020
Kims hotness gets added by by 50 billion that she is wearing like an off brand sold at phillips 66 royals softball t
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:12 AM 05-04-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Kims hotness gets added by by 50 billion that she is wearing like an off brand sold at phillips 66 royals softball t

I LOVE it! As I love all your posters! Thank you! https://t.co/DXujpz8ZCN

— Rhea Seehorn (@rheaseehorn) May 3, 2020

Ab-so-lute-ly
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:58 AM 05-24-2020
I don't pay attention to talk outside of the show, so maybe this is known, debunked or whatever, but I was watching a documentary on the Jenny Jones talk show murder and the attorney representing the murder victims family was Geoffrey Fieger. Within seconds of showcasing him my very first thought was that's Saul Goodman.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:32 PM 05-25-2020
here it is, Kim Wexler GTA loading screen sorry if the animation does not loop, also follow me on instagram i might do other characters as well from r/betterCallSaul

[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:55 AM 05-26-2020
Hmmmm

Someone accused me of stalking...

[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:05 PM 07-09-2020
So what’s the deal with this “bonus” material popping up on my DVR. Watched about 5 minutes of it and looks like a rebroadcast of an old episode.
[Reply]
Page 141 of 172
« First < 4191131137138139140141 142143144145151 > Last »
Up