ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 446 of 2688
« First < 346396436442443444445446 4474484494504564965469461446 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
-King- 03:49 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I mean, i get it guys.

He's our first 1st rnd Qb since 1980-something. We want to make sure that everything is laid out perfectly like our first born, newborn baby.

"He has to sit at least a year" "He shouldn't start early or he'll be ruined".

Like a baby, the crib has to be perfect. The room the right color, the right food and you have to read to him every-night. Every and anything you can do to make sure that child is given the best chance to succeed.

I understand.

But to you guys i say, "relax". Everything is going to be alright. Let him grow up. He's going to be just fine.
I'm not one of the "everything has to be perfect " guy, but I realize the opportunity he has to sit and learn while we still games and contend in the playoffs. It's not like he's going to sit while the rest of the teams shits the bed. He's going to sit while we win and he learns. Whats the upside to rushing it?

And also because I didn't like Mahomes coming out of college because of mechanics issue. So for me, him sitting makes all the sense in the world and I have trust in Andy Reid to fix the flaws he has and have him ready for 2018. Or if Smith gets injured, I'm starting to lean on the side of having Mahomes play (this is dependant on the rest of preseason. If Bray outplays Mahomes, I'd rather have Bray in and vice versa).
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
beach tribe 04:53 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
His footwork in a clean pocket isn't the best, but it's good enough. Footwork for all QB's breaks down when forced to move around in a congested pocket.

The footwork thing is highly, highly overblown. Some QB's need perfect mechanics to deliver an accurate pass. Some are much more naturally gifted.

Look no further than our own roster for an example of that. When Bray had a nice pocket and didn't have to move his feet he was delivering strikes. Once he was forced to move his accuracy dipped quite a bit and he threw a bad interception.

Mahomes has a natural ability to deliver an accurate ball w/o having well placed feet. His drop backs aren't perfect, but if you re-watch the game, his three step drops were fine. You could literally count the steps in his drop back...1...2..3. And that won't matter a whole lot since he'll be taking most of his snaps from the gun anyway.

I'd encourage you to watch Aaron Rodgers. I posted his highlight video in another thread and illustrated how many of those throws would be considered "poor foot-work".

Almost every damn one of them were off balance, shuffled feet, drop back fade type passes.

Mahomes isn't a Tom Brady talent. He's an Aaron Rodgers talent.

The footwork thing is overblown. And i despise the "he must wait a year" argument.
I want him to wait just because I feel like it gives him the best chance to become the best player he can possibly be.

That said, you're right. The footwork thing is important but it is being overblown, because people really don't understand the kind of arm talent the kid has.
He can deliver a ball with top flight velocity without having to set his feet.
Should he work on it? Is it important?
Sure.
But not as much as it would be with a lesser talent.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 07:15 AM 08-16-2017
Playing behind that abortion of an offensive line as the #3 was terrible, and would be terrible for his growth. They are probably talking to him about progressions, and think about footwork, and then he was back there running and improvising for his life. That is his strength, but they really needed to protect him better so that he can try to improve the things he needs to. That alone is likely one reason he was promoted to #2.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 07:29 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Playing behind that abortion of an offensive line as the #3 was terrible, and would be terrible for his growth. They are probably talking to him about progressions, and think about footwork, and then he was back there running and improvising for his life. That is his strength, but they really needed to protect him better so that he can try to improve the things he needs to. That alone is likely one reason he was promoted to #2.
smart post.
[Reply]
rico 07:35 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
The 2018 offseason will be the first year that I will spend a substantial amount of time researching OL prospects.
[Reply]
penbrook 10:18 AM 08-16-2017
BJ Kissel @ChiefsReporter
Alex Smith will play first half Saturday, Patrick Mahomes will play the third quarter, and Tyler Bray will play the fourth, per Andy Reid.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:20 AM 08-16-2017
I found out who PAChiefsGuy is. The blonde chick.

[Reply]
thegame214 10:33 AM 08-16-2017
[QUOTE=RealSNR;13017034]I found out who PAChiefsGuy is. The blonde chick.

:-) all we need is a little "luck". That's what separates Brady, Big Ben, etc.... "luck"... she didn't know what to say and Schwartz just wants to smash lol
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:35 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
BJ Kissel @ChiefsReporter
Alex Smith will play first half Saturday, Patrick Mahomes will play the third quarter, and Tyler Bray will play the fourth, per Andy Reid.
Smith doesn't need two fucking quarters. God damn.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:35 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

If she has horrible NBA takes as well and deep throats the San Antonio Spurs then yes it is.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:37 AM 08-16-2017

At first I thought he was a penbrook mult because of timing and coming to agree with penbrook when he needed it most. I now don't think that's the case.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:40 AM 08-16-2017

Jesus fucking Christ. That is the epitome of the Alex ballwashers right there.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 10:53 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Jesus ****ing Christ. That is the epitome of the Alex ballwashers right there.
I mean "luck" is a pretty strong argument by her....
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:55 AM 08-16-2017
No way Smith plays the full half... my guess is Mahomes gets in around the same time he did last week.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:57 AM 08-16-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Smith doesn't need two fucking quarters. God damn.
Look on the bright side, some over-zealous preseason scrub might roll into his leg.
[Reply]
Page 446 of 2688
« First < 346396436442443444445446 4474484494504564965469461446 > Last »
Up