ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 172
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 09:30 AM 03-16-2015
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
Wish I had the $1500 to spend, I'd take that.
how close to that could you get? make an offer.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:58 AM 03-16-2015
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
I'd always heard about craigslist scams, but never been hit with one until today. Dude's emails read like they were written by a Nigerian prince, and after we agreed to terms in which shipping was his responsibility, he says he can't get western union to accept his payment, so he is adding the shipping cost to his paypal payment. I received an email saying 2000 dollars had been added to my paypal account, but in order to receive it i had to provide proof i had paid the shipping company... This email went to my spam folder. This all seems very fishy so I canceled the deal unless he could meet the original terms, which meant he was covering the shipping. No deal! Anyways, here is the link to the craigslist ad for my bike in case anyone here is interested. She's been a great bike.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/4933127331.html
I know nothing about Motorcycles, and I haven't been on one since some time in 1985 and that was some Yamaha, but if I were to ever own one, that is about the bike I would own.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:15 AM 03-16-2015
I'd always heard about craigslist scams, but never been hit with one until today. Dude's emails read like they were written by a Nigerian prince, and after we agreed to terms in which shipping was his responsibility, he says he can't get western union to accept his payment, so he is adding the shipping cost to his paypal payment. I received an email saying 2000 dollars had been added to my paypal account, but in order to receive it i had to provide proof i had paid the shipping company... This email went to my spam folder. This all seems very fishy so I canceled the deal unless he could meet the original terms, which meant he was covering the shipping. No deal! Anyways, here is the link to the craigslist ad for my bike in case anyone here is interested. She's been a great bike.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/4933127331.html
Is there a way to check on your Paypal online account whether the money was in there? Generally, my advice would be to never trust a craiglist deal where shipping is involved.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:25 AM 03-16-2015
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Disclaimer,
None of these photos are actually of my bikes in the garage

I own multiple bikes, and am always on the lookout for more.
Picked this 2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC up last year. I live in the Northeastern Part of Iowa and do a lot of Trout fishing. So this thing is perfect to hit gravel roads and grind about.
About 94 HP and very elastic. I put Jesse Bags on, Engine gaurds, Safari Lights.
Great Dirt Rocket indeed.

I restored this on last year with my son. Its a 1973 Yamaha 100 LT2, my bar bike and let me tell you it attracts chicks. Has less then 500 Miles on it.

We barn finded a 1977 Maico early this spring. It has the Radial head on it. It is pretty complete with decent plastic, coffin tank and hope to complete it this spring.
love the vintage bikes..those Maicos are beasts!

Used to have Yamaha XT500..
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 10:43 AM 03-16-2015
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Is there a way to check on your Paypal online account whether the money was in there? Generally, my advice would be to never trust a craiglist deal where shipping is involved.
There is no evidence any where on my paypal account. I told him the deal was off unless he could meet the original terms, which were agreed price in my account, and he would handle shipping. So far silence...
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 10:51 AM 03-16-2015
how close to that could you get? make an offer.

Well, not anywhere even close unfortunately. Right after I got my motorcycle endorsement we found out we were pregnant with my 3rd kid, who is 19 months old now. I can't even afford to eat out for lunch these days.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 11:12 AM 03-16-2015
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
Well, not anywhere even close unfortunately. Right after I got my motorcycle endorsement we found out we were pregnant with my 3rd kid, who is 19 months old now. I can't even afford to eat out for lunch these days.
Congrats on the kid, too bad it means no bike though.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 06:42 PM 03-18-2015
Sold my old bike tonight. I'm kinda torn. Excited for the new bike but I am sad to let the old one go.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:33 PM 03-18-2015
Happy to hear your bike sold..I hated getting rid of my last one but the new one is great and have enjoyed riding it all the time..the nice weather let me get a few thousand miles on it already..can't wait to put more on it
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 08:32 AM 03-23-2015
So I took the new(er) bike in to the shop Saturday. Plan was to put new tires on it, but after the rear wheel came off it was obvious it needed brake pads. Then while they were trying to get those installed they realized the rear caliper was seized up, which was grinding the pads down to nothing. They looked at the rotor and said it was still in decent shape thankfully. Of course they didn't have the parts needed to fix it, they had already gone to a parts store to get the pads so they tried hard to get me rolling Saturday. So I had to go all weekend without my bike, and wouldn't you know it, the weather is about to turn to shit this week... I don't know how people go without a motorcycle. Its been about 48 hours since I found out I wasn't getting her back until later this week, and I'm losing my mind. So nice out Saturday and Sunday, and I was stuck in a cage...
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 01:29 PM 03-26-2015
Update: The shop drug their feet and didn't get the part ordered until yesterday, and now I'm looking at next wednesday as the earliest I can pick it up... I would have to say I no longer recommend Dells in Blue Springs for service.
[Reply]
seaofred 01:34 PM 03-26-2015
Trying to decide between upgrading my audio or getting new floor boards, passenger pegs, grips, shifter/brake pedel, and shifter linkage/brake arm. On the audio I'd get Victory's Extreme 6 speaker kit and on the other items I'd get Victory's Beveled Collection. Any suggestions?
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 02:05 PM 03-26-2015
I loved having a stereo on my old bike. I would go stereo if you are asking our opinion.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:43 PM 03-26-2015
Say fuck it and upgrade it all..if that's not reasonable then I would go audio first
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 02:16 AM 03-29-2015
I have been getting the urge to get a bike. Looking at a 2010 Honda VTX1300 Sabre. I am not looking for something for long touring trips just weekend rides and using for going to and from work during the week. I would like to go and offer $6800 cash for this. Would that be about right?
http://www.larrysmotorsports.us/2010...SC6708AK002178
[Reply]
Page 112 of 172
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162 > Last »
Up