ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry was healthy enough to play....but his "spirit" wasn't feeling it
BlackOp 01:26 AM 12-16-2018
I cant believe he said that to reporters...:-). After 4 months of day-to-day reports...and the defense desperately needing him.

Like dude...you are getting $13 million a year to play. It's not up to when you get around to spiritually feeling it... it's about are you healthy enough physically?

They nearly lost to the Ravens because KC couldn't stop the run.

I almost spit my drink out when he said that...
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:56 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The KC reporters podcast said they have been told that every play Berry is on the field that the achilles could snap again. If it happens, he will never play football again.
This has been my point of contention...if you have a player that is healthy but cant/wont play out of fear of a potential injury...he needs to not be on the team anymore.

Every player faces that risk on a weekly basis...

The cog in this is Berry is guaranteed $29 million for 2018/2019. After all the controversy in getting that contract...he isn't about to give the money back.

Personally, I think he needs to play...and if his Achilles fails, it fails. This is what he signed up for...$29 million is SO much money.
[Reply]
philfree 12:03 PM 12-16-2018
I find it more disturbing that with two games left in the season the guys in the 2ndary don't know where to line up without EB on the field. WTF!
[Reply]
Mecca 12:04 PM 12-16-2018
It's almost like he's doing everything he can to get as much of that money as he possiblyc can...
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 12:07 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
You are misinterpreting my post ... and the point associated with it.

FAX
I guess? I was more talking about the "a grown man asking his parents to play" comment.

Obviously his heel is precarious. I don't think it's crazy to have one's parents weigh in on a decision to play.

It does sound like he hasn't (or will never) totally heal. I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't come back after this season.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:07 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
I guess? I was more talking about the "a grown man asking his parents to play" comment.

Obviously his heel is precarious. I don't think it's crazy to have one's parents weigh in on a decision to play.

It does sound like he hasn't (or will never) totally heal. I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't come back after this season.
He'll come back until the Chiefs move on, he is not walking away from that contract.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 12:12 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He'll come back until the Chiefs move on, he is not walking away from that contract.
Probably not, but if his heel injuries are so precarious that he could suffer a career ending, debilitating injury on any given snap (more than the normal risk involved with the NFL), then it might be worth sacrificing money. Especially if the Chiefs were to make it worth it to him to step aside.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:17 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Bwana:
How about pride in front of their home fans? Do you see Pete Carroll pulling a bunch of starters for that game if that's' the case? Either way, that's a tough place to pull out a win as a visiting team.
Agreed. Pete's ego ain't going to look bad in his own house against this hot new young whippersnapper of QB in Mahomes either.:-)
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 12:37 PM 12-16-2018
I think that given his health scares recently i would be mentally skiddish to return too. Just glad he is back in.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:49 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by wazu:
This has to be the only place in all of Chiefs fandom where you can find Berry haters.
:-)

Were you at the game? I can assure you, as I;ve posted, there were a very high percentage of people around me who were less than impressed with Berry for not being out there, and I'm equally certain that I wasn't in the "CP" section. And there is no bigger "fan" in this fandom than those who show up in the stands at Arrowhead for the game.

Yeah, Berry's minions are dropping off rather rapidly, and Thursday's loss really hurt his love-stock.

In before, 1) He really wants to be out there, this is killing him, and 2) His coaches, the team owner, and his fellow players love and respect him, and they know the true truth.
[Reply]
MahiMike 12:50 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's almost like he's doing everything he can to get as much of that money as he possiblyc can...
I could see him pulling this crap the last few years when we had a captain checkdown. But dammit, we've got a real shot with our stud QB here. Get the hell out on the field dammit.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:37 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
What? I thought it's been said a haglund doesn't hurt the Achilles...
Also "again" implies that the Achilles has snapped before. I thought the heel that was hurt is the other the heel that didnt snap last year. I think the KC star guys are full of shit and are just adding a dramatic spin to the story.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:47 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Also "again" implies that the Achilles has snapped before. I thought the heel that was hurt is the other the heel that didnt snap last year. I think the KC star guys are full of shit and are just adding a dramatic spin to the story.
I'm guessing the concern isn't that the haglund will lead to an ACL injury. It's the lack of football shape conditioning. Or trying to overcompensate for the heel injury. In other words... I'd imagine these ACL concerns will only be early on. Not by playoff time. .I hope.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:54 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
And some people get mad because players don't talk about things. This is why they don't.

No matter what he had said you guys would be ripping him and thats a fact.
Man, I can't even take you seriously anymore. You are completely blinded with a borderline obsessive love with Berry. I'm pretty sure you've said Berry would be out there if he could. Well that is obviously a lie. You also say that the organization isn't lying. Well, what do you call it when the head coach said it was killing him to not be in the game, when that's clearly not the case, because he could have played against the Ravens? You're pretty close to Alexsexual level obsession and you feel the need to make excuses or ridicule anyone that criticizes him.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 01:56 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by wazu:
This has to be the only place in all of Chiefs fandom where you can find Berry haters.
No shit. What an embarrassing fucking thread.
[Reply]
Cosmos 01:59 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Sadly, this.

EB is my favorite player. My feelings about this defense take a 180 when he's out on the field.

But if there's any question about his health prognosis going into next year, it's time to say goodbye.
Agreed, it’s time to remake this defense, to include Sutton.

Full rebuild for the future, with or without Berry.

Blow it up !
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up