ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Our next Defensive Coordinator - who do you want?
Dante84 11:59 AM 12-14-2018
Who would be the best fit to help us win quick?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:49 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by gold_and_red:
Not sure of Ford in a 4-3.
I think you'd have to let Ford walk. He's a good player, but I'm not opposed to it. He's one dimensional and often injured.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 11:51 AM 12-16-2018
I would literally offer triple whatever a guy like Fangio or Martindale makes to bring him in. Give him the DC-asst HC title. Sell him on a 2-year window of dominating the AFC and then getting a blank check for a HC job in whatever city he wants in 2021.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:54 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
I would literally offer triple whatever a guy like Fangio or Martindale makes to bring him in. Give him the DC-asst HC title. Sell him on a 2-year window of dominating the AFC and then getting a blank check for a HC job in whatever city he wants in 2021.
why would either guy leave the situation they're in to do that?
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:56 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Mo? Who are you referring to?
Mohillbilly.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:25 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Andy doesn't fire people when he ought to well should. It is one of his weaknesses as a coach.
We were at that point last year. I honestly don't see a scenario where he doesn't get whacked, especially if we go one-and-out in the playoffs as most of think we will.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 12:26 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
why would either guy leave the situation they're in to do that?
Would you turn down a 3x pay-rise to do the same job elsewhere?
[Reply]
Frazod 12:29 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Locksley from Alabama
Is Alabama's defense great because of coaching, or because they get the absolute top pick of the best recruits year after year after year?

I'd rather have somebody who's done more with less, not a who wins all the time because he has far more to work with than all of his opponents.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:48 PM 12-16-2018
1. Brandon Staley
2. Kris Richards
3. Ben Bloom
4. Todd Bowles

That's who I bring in to interview for DC next year.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:57 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Ryan ran a scheme with two 5 techniques and a 0 technique. Dorsey has talked about how year 2, Sutton adjusted his scheme to get more speed on the DL(signed Vance walker). Suttons original scheme wasn't one gap. Remember... Mike Devito.

Read up on Mario Williams complaints about how he was used in Buffalo. Definitely two gap.
Well, Bob Sutton was RR's DC in NY, so maybe Bob ran the 2gap under Ryan - either way, there's 2 things wrong with either one - both Ryan and Sutton depend on aggressive secondary play - the rules don't favor that now, and it's not like we have an 'in his prime Revis Island' to cut the field in half, neither, which allows all kinds of creative zone and man coverages and blitzes from all over the defense.

The real problem, besides Scandricks stupidity, is that Nelson, Fuller , and Scandrick are all slot corners. Fuller might be the best slot corner in the league. A waste of his talent to as him to cover outside, which may be why Sutton has been having Nelson cover outside so much lately. He should have Lucas playing 1 high and also rolling safety coverage to the outside to help the outside corner and allow Fuller to stay on the slot fulltime, where he excels.

*sigh*

It's Sutton, Emmitt Thomas, and Scandrick.

I should be Defense QC coach.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:59 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
we will have sutton as long as we have andy.

the end.
Sutton has to be close to retiring, and the picks in this year's draft point to preparing for a 4-3 next year...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:00 PM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Uh yea if you were going for straight out speed you'd be in a 4-3 cause your OLB's can be smaller and faster since they don't take on OT's.
With Hitchens under a (very large) contract and O'Daniel flashing (with admitted rookie mistakes, but at least doesn't look physically overmatched, is a good tackler and sideline to sideline pursuit speed) You're one LB away from a nice trio.

Kpass and Speaks are sized like 4-3 DE. Ford, Nnadi, Williams at DT. Houston at DE on passing downs could save him some time on the injured list. I like the rotational aspect and maybe have guys fresh for those 4th quarter stands.

Can you imagine: 3rd and Long, Houston and Ford lined up next to each other weakside. Good luck.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:57 PM 12-17-2018
Interesting to see some past quotes from Todd Bowles about Andy

Originally Posted by :
Andy taught me a lot. In that year, the one year where he had adversity, being that somebody passed in his family and dealing with everything he dealt with, and to go through a team like that. For him to be the same guy every day really taught you a lot about the other side of coaching and how you have to carry yourself, whether you play good or play bad. From that aspect, I probably learned more from a human aspect about coaching than I did anywhere I’ve been.
Link

Go on Andy, bring your pal to the Chiefs
:-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 06:59 PM 12-17-2018
Also, where does Steve Wilks fit on the list IF he is available? Would he be a clear-cut top contender?
[Reply]
Dante84 02:49 PM 01-22-2019
Felt like this was an appropriate bump.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:59 PM 01-22-2019
John Fox has been rumored to be a DC candidate for the Bengals, so maybe he wants to return to the NFL as a DC.

Fox and Andy Reid are good friends and it would be the perfectly boring/safe hire that Andy Reid is probably looking for.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up