ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Media Center>Brightburn. A horror Superman movie?
Coochie liquor 07:49 PM 12-08-2018
Saw the trailer for this and it looks pretty bad ass!!

[Reply]
bowener 01:54 PM 12-11-2018
I just want a great film adaptation for Superman: Red Son.

Snyder absolutely cannot be anywhere near it ever.
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:03 PM 12-11-2018

[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:17 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
What the heck?

Is this for real?

They really stole from Man of Steel. In fact they should probably sue.
No shit right lol, from the build up of the music, to the Kansas farmstead, to the graphics on the text, to even the damn swing set, to the base premise of an evil kid Superman. For James Gunn too, I would've expected a more original premise.
[Reply]
bowener 05:17 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
No shit right lol, from the build up of the music, to the Kansas farmstead, to the graphics on the text, to even the damn swing set, to the base premise of an evil kid Superman. For James Gunn too, I would've expected a more original premise.
This is original for a film. Just because you've seen the same setup and know the original story doesn't mean this isn't an original idea. Have you seen this done in a film yet? Nope. The ENTIRE point is for this to mirror Superman. That isn't a case against its originality. That is the point of the damn thing. It is a "what if", like Red Son, and it will be a lot of fun to see something different yet familiar.

I am quite tired of superhero flicks and would really enjoy something fresh and new being done with them like this looks to be. I prayed that they would make Venom a slow build horror/thriller in the vane of Alien, but no, they made a tired unoriginal movie. I am excited to see where this "what if superman was a shitty kid" goes, and how they play it out.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:32 PM 12-11-2018
Im
For the idea, but they even stole dialogue from Man of Steel. That’s unacceptable
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 07:06 PM 12-11-2018
Brightburn is a terrible title for pretty much anything.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:36 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Looks waaaaaay fucking better than any traditional Super Man movie.
Certainly seems like a more logical outcome of some kid coming here with superhuman powers. Would he really go through childhood/adolescence as some dork who let everybody bully him?

I don't think so.
[Reply]
007 01:17 AM 12-12-2018
well this is a new take on an old story.
[Reply]
bowener 09:48 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Certainly seems like a more logical outcome of some kid coming here with superhuman powers. Would he really go through childhood/adolescence as some dork who let everybody bully him?

I don't think so.
I'm curious if they are going to have a reference to burning a hole in his sheets from fapping so fast.
[Reply]
SAGA45 08:10 AM 12-15-2018
I love the trailer and concept but Im curious how this can legally have no affiliation with DC whatsoever?
[Reply]
Rausch 01:22 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by bowener:
This is original for a film. Just because you've seen the same setup and know the original story doesn't mean this isn't an original idea. Have you seen this done in a film yet? Nope. The ENTIRE point is for this to mirror Superman. That isn't a case against its originality. That is the point of the damn thing. It is a "what if", like Red Son, and it will be a lot of fun to see something different yet familiar.

I am quite tired of superhero flicks and would really enjoy something fresh and new being done with them like this looks to be. I prayed that they would make Venom a slow build horror/thriller in the vane of Alien, but no, they made a tired unoriginal movie. I am excited to see where this "what if superman was a shitty kid" goes, and how they play it out.
Exactly.

This is doing exactly what Hancock did only horror instead of comedy.
[Reply]
Munson 05:11 AM 05-14-2019

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:20 PM 05-15-2019
Why is he making symbols from The greatest American hero?

Believe it or not, I'm walking on balls...
[Reply]
Frazod 10:25 PM 05-15-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
Man, that was fucked up. That glass in the eye bit made me cringe.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:18 PM 05-15-2019
Brightburn, or, when you have this fan film you want to do and James Gunn is your brother.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up