Hammock Parties 01:11 PM 12-07-2018
Piss off Todd Howard.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:33 PM 12-07-2018

[Reply]
keg in kc 07:46 PM 12-07-2018

[Reply]
MTG#10 08:00 PM 12-07-2018
So is this why the new online fallout sucks so much ass? Because the original guys left? Admittedly I'm clueless on this geek shit and too lazy to Google it but I have no desire at all to play the new Fallout.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:17 PM 12-07-2018
This looks very promising.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:34 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This looks very promising.
Yeah it does.

Anyone get a Bioshock type of feel from this?
[Reply]
MTG#10 10:00 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah it does.

Anyone get a Bioshock type of feel from this?
I told my son the same thing. He agreed but also said he got a Borderlands vibe from it.
[Reply]
Pants 11:35 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
So is this why the new online fallout sucks so much ass? Because the original guys left? Admittedly I'm clueless on this geek shit and too lazy to Google it but I have no desire at all to play the new Fallout.
I don't think so. I think these guys were involved in the original Isometric RPG "Fallout." I could be wrong, though.

Either way, these dudes are masters of story-telling. They created KOTOR 2 and Fallout: New Vegas.

New Vegas was probably the best thing that's ever happened to Fallout.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:38 AM 12-08-2018
Single player game only, not online so doesn't compete with Fallout 76. I thought New Vegas was incredibly boring, never made it past a few hours in the game. This game looks good but it's not multiplayer so I probably won't have time for it.
[Reply]
Pants 10:21 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
Single player game only, not online so doesn't compete with Fallout 76. I thought New Vegas was incredibly boring, never made it past a few hours in the game. This game looks good but it's not multiplayer so I probably won't have time for it.
That's interesting.

New Vegas was an incredible story with so many potentially completely different endings depending on your choices and the factions with which you sided. It had some of the greatest quest story lines, which in my opinion is the biggest weakness of all Bethesda games.

I never cared about the story at all in any Bethesda games with the exception of maybe Oblivion?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:25 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by Pants:
That's interesting.

New Vegas was an incredible story with so many potentially completely different endings depending on your choices and the factions with which you sided. It had some of the greatest quest story lines, which in my opinion is the biggest weakness of all Bethesda games.

I never cared about the story at all in any Bethesda games with the exception of maybe Oblivion?
Loved Oblivion and Fallout 3 probably my 2 favorite from each series. I loved Fallout 1 back in the day but honestly I don't remember any of it now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:37 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
The core base of Fallout doesn't want a fucking online mess.

It definitely competes with Fallout 76. I'm guessing 90% of the people that wanted to play it will want to play this.

Because it's Fallout.

Just a different setting.

But with, you know, an actual story.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:52 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by Pants:
That's interesting.

Agreed. I always enjoy the character building/open world/side quests aspects of these games more than the main quests, which generally range from a mild annoyance to (in the case of Fallout 4) a boat anchor. I didn't give a fuck about finding Shaun even before the big twist reveal, and I certainly didn't give a fuck afterwards. New Vegas far and away had the best main quest - simple revenge. I'll still play Fallout 4 and Skyrim on occasion, but at this point I rarely bother to complete the story. Best part now is the mods.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:00 AM 12-08-2018
Oh, and Witcher 3 blows them all away. God I wish those people would come out with a new Witcher game - and yes I know there's some card-based combat game out now, but I'm talking a real open world game of the same scope.

I actually gave a shit about Ciri.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:22 AM 12-08-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The core base of Fallout doesn't want a ****ing online mess.

It definitely competes with Fallout 76. I'm guessing 90% of the people that wanted to play it will want to play this.

Because it's Fallout.

Just a different setting.

But with, you know, an actual story.
Story is usually not a strong spot for these games, it's the exploration and sheer size of the open world and modding. Like I said Fallout single player is old hat now that most play online with friends. A lot of games are competing for single player games and lacking multiplayer. You have Cyberpunk 2077, Rage 2, Metro Exodus and now this. Other than Prey I can't think of a great single player PC game I would want to waste my time on for story.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 7
1 2345 > Last »
Up