ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 94
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:15 PM 12-11-2018
More

[Reply]
NewChief 11:34 AM 12-12-2018
A friend of mine hooked me up with guest list for S3 premier here in Fayetteville on Friday. Not sure who all is going to be there. I imagine that Pizzolato will be there, as he's pretty into Fayetteville, but not sure that other "stars" will make it to the local premier.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:36 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by NewChief:
A friend of mine hooked me up with guest list for S3 premier here in Fayetteville on Friday. Not sure who all is going to be there. I imagine that Pizzolato will be there, as he's pretty into Fayetteville, but not sure that other "stars" will make it to the local premier.
Cool.

I'll give it a shot but until proven differently I remain convinced they should have quit after Season 1. The bar was set so high it makes any following act seem like just that.
[Reply]
NewChief 11:41 AM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Cool.

I'll give it a shot but until proven differently I remain convinced they should have quit after Season 1. The bar was set so high it makes any following act seem like just that.
Yeah. I didn't enjoy S2 at all. I'll obviously watch this one, since it was shot in our area. I've got to pick my friend's brain on what happened this season with the writing. I have a feeling:

HBO insisted that Pizz have help with the writing this season after last season's disaster. He agreed. They then brought in some other writers (there were announcements of other writers who were helping, my friend being one), then suddenly all of those people's credits disappeared and there as no official announcements of the other writers being fired or any press at all about them beyond the initial announcement that they were involved.

I have a feeling that Pizz, who has a bit of an ego, agreed to work with the other writers, but insisted they remain uncredited. I'm hopeful that's the case, as I think that having other writers working alongside him would be beneficial.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:42 AM 12-12-2018
The criticism of Season 2's failings is valid, but I think the hate is unwarranted.

Don't @ me.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:20 PM 12-12-2018
Yeah. I didn't enjoy S2 at all. I'll obviously watch this one, since it was shot in our area. I've got to pick my friend's brain on what happened this season with the writing. I have a feeling:

HBO insisted that Pizz have help with the writing this season after last season's disaster. He agreed. They then brought in some other writers (there were announcements of other writers who were helping, my friend being one), then suddenly all of those people's credits disappeared and there as no official announcements of the other writers being fired or any press at all about them beyond the initial announcement that they were involved.

I have a feeling that Pizz, who has a bit of an ego, agreed to work with the other writers, but insisted they remain uncredited. I'm hopeful that's the case, as I think that having other writers working alongside him would be beneficial.
Intriguing. Hopefully you'll share your updated thoughts once you have conversation with your friend. Pretty cool to have a season shot in your neck of the woods.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:22 PM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
The criticism of Season 2's failings is valid, but I think the hate is unwarranted.

Don't @ me.
I don't know that it's hate so much as being presented with a 2 after being gifted a 10.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:33 PM 12-12-2018

Pizz is an egomaniac. Still wonder what Cary's vision for the finale of S1 would have been, as that reportedly is what they clashed about - quite roughly, towards the end of S1's production (with Pizz winning out).

Wondering if Pizz's heavy handedness got in the way of what could have been an all time season (It was still great, but the finale turned into CSI: Backwoods).
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:46 AM 01-08-2019
Season 3 premieres this Sunday.

Reviews generally quite positive. Mahershala Ali is pretty much amazing in everything he does.

(Everyone knows Season 2 was a disaster.)
[Reply]
BWillie 07:02 AM 01-09-2019
Arkansas. It is going to be set in Arkansas. Pig sooie.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:54 AM 01-09-2019
Is Alexandra Daddario going to show up and get her tits out again? Because that was pretty outstanding.
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 02:15 PM 01-09-2019
So I have been watching season 2 and it isn't as bad as I thought it was when I started watching it originally.

There is some quality material in there.

I think they just really messed up casting Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell in those roles because they are pretty much type casted as actors you can't really take serious in a performance.

Looking forward to season 3
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:31 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief:
So I have been watching season 2 and it isn't as bad as I thought it was when I started watching it originally.

I think they just really messed up casting Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell in those roles because they are pretty much type casted as actors you can't really take serious in a performance.

Yeah, I didn't get the hate. It was good not great.

I think if you swap the two, and would have released S2 then S1, it would be a Godfather level love for the series.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:40 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief:

Disagree heartily on Vaughn. The whole point is Frank Semyon's a low level street thug that's trying to pass himself off as an intelligent upstanding member of the L.A. elite. He doesn't do this successfully and he's the only one who doesn't realize it because he just doesn't "look" the part of one of the elite. Casting Vaughn helps sell this as viewers will probably associate him with comedic roles and seeing him in a dramatic role won't seem "right."

Farrell you could very well be correct.. But I think he did fine in carrying out Velcoro's arc in basically going from a background character in life (his backstory is framed by external factors -namely being a cop because that was his father's profession and reacting to his wife's rape which presumably yielded a bastard child that he raised as his own) which further leads him into being at the whim of others (being a bent cop in Vinci) into one who tries to take action against corruption even though doing so condemns him to a violent death he himself prophesied in a dream.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:12 PM 01-09-2019
I just never felt connected to the characters in S2. 8 episodes is not enough time to land the arcs to so many central characters. There was just too much going on.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 94
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490 > Last »
Up