ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 94
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:42 PM 01-21-2014
I've like the firs two episodes so far...i think MM and WH make a solid duo.

Them boobs, wow.

Can't wait to see what happens next. Also...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
allen_kcCard 05:09 PM 01-21-2014
I thought the dolls were a mock crime scene. Naked victim in the middle, detectives and other law type around her.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 05:39 PM 01-21-2014
Someone mentioned last week the detectives thinking Rust was a suspect. There was more evidence in this episode such as asking Marty if he really wanted to keep the case or whether it was just Rust but I think there was even more that backed up my first thought.

The political pressure is going to cause the police Captain(?) and Marty, as lead detective, to pin this on someone Rust doesn't believe is the guy. That's why the 2012 detectives are interviewing Rust. They're interviewing Marty to corroborate parts of Rusts story and get info about Rust because 2012 Rust looks like a homeless guy who won't do the interview without beer and swigging out of a flask and he's already admitted he was hallucinating at the time of the investigation.

Hopefully, there is more to it cause that road feels like it leads to cliche-ville. Rust's suspect being high in the church or close to the governor, etc and they won't let him investigate the person. He drops from the force and years later finds some evidence that either ties to his suspect or proves the person convicted is innocent. When he takes it to Marty who is still in the force, he realizes Marty already knew. blah blah

The dialogue in this show is great. I loved when Rust drifted off early and then apologized. That's why I tend to drink alone. or at least one of the reasons.
[Reply]
Brock 05:42 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
I thought the dolls were a mock crime scene. Naked victim in the middle, detectives and other law type around her.
That's pretty much best case scenario.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:43 PM 01-21-2014
Yep, i was watching on my phone and the quality was crap so i couldnt tell. Rewatched, i guess the news gets around in that house
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:58 PM 01-21-2014
Really loving this - Like a shit ton. These two are superior actors.

[Reply]
KcMizzou 10:35 PM 01-21-2014
I love it too. One minor complaint though...

Is it just me, or does Woody's character usually sound like he has a mouth full of peanut butter?
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:48 PM 01-21-2014
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:

Is it just me, or does Woody's character usually sound like he has a mouth full of peanut butter?
I'm not positive, but I'm thinking they're having him dip Hawken or Kodiac or something.
[Reply]
Buck 01:10 PM 01-25-2014
This show is really good. Stayed up til 1:30 am hooked on the first two eps last night.
[Reply]
Buck 01:16 PM 01-25-2014
Also does anyone think McConaghey's character is gonna sleep with Harrelson's character's mistress rather than his wife?

In the last episode he stated that Maggie set him up with her friend. I don't think she would have done that if they were banging.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:49 PM 01-25-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I've watched the first 2 episodes. Pretty decent show so far. I haven't found it to be great yet. Seems kind of pretentious. I like Woody Harrelson, but I don't think he's that strong of an actor. He isn't bad. I've probably just seen him in so many comedies that it's harder for me to watch him in a role like this. I'll keep watching though, because I think it will get better. I also like the idea of a new story and cast every season.
Is it just me?

Spoiler!

Attached: Harrelson.jpg (33.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:00 PM 01-25-2014

It is definitely affected, but not irritatingly so.

Kind of like Nick Cage in Raising Arizona, I had no idea Arizona had a dialect, but it fun to listen to the Coen's dialog

The antlers won't let me stop thinking about Hannibal, though
[Reply]
KcMizzou 09:31 PM 01-25-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The antlers won't let me stop thinking about Hannibal, though
Same.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:14 PM 01-25-2014
Same.
1st thought that came to my mind as well.
[Reply]
aturnis 10:15 PM 01-25-2014
I don't think so. The only female doll was naked and there was a male doll on his knees between her legs.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 94
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up