ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>How the Kansas City Chiefs BLEW IT Against the Chargers on the last play
Iconic 12:05 PM 12-16-2018
Spoiler!

[Reply]
OlineDline 01:19 PM 12-17-2018
fwiw Scandrick was too tight to cover #2 anyway.

Even if he runs with the #2 he's beat by alignment imo.

He would have been in a better position to grab him though, and potentially live to play another play.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 03:48 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Blick:
This.

For all the dumbasses who think Sutton's scheme is too complicated, banjo is a concept taught at the high school level. It's something that an NFL veteran should be able to do in his sleep. There's no "coaching up" needed. It's 100%, no excuses, on the players to communicate that and execute.
Sutton should be able to scheme around not having to call coverage adjustments. He fails to adjust! /CP
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 07:34 PM 12-17-2018
As head coach Andy has to take the blame for the defense.

6 years with the team. Same defensive coordinator. Week 15 of the 6th year and the DB's consistently don't know where to line up? Are you kidding me? Does anyone for a second think someone like Belichick or even Tomlin would put up with such stupidity and basic failings? Andy runs a slack ship that is reflective of all the penalties the team is committing and he hasn't held anyone accountable for the defensive failures (other than Marcus Peters).
[Reply]
bricks 08:11 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:

6 years with the team. Same defensive coordinator. Week 15 of the 6th year and the DB's consistently don't know where to line up? Are you kidding me? Does anyone for a second think someone like Belichick or even Tomlin would put up with such stupidity and basic failings? Andy runs a slack ship that is reflective of all the penalties the team is committing and he hasn't held anyone accountable for the defensive failures (other than Marcus Peters).
I was never a big fan of Andy Reid from the day the Chiefs hired him.

I know he is a winner and all but he has some major flaws and weaknesses which he repeatedly commits over and over. He hasn’t figured out how to correct his weaknesses or flaws and that is why I don’t have faith he will ever win a superbowl.

The best coaches in my opinion are not only the ones that have a sense of identity but also those that grow as well. Andy has an identity but he hasn’t maximized his growth as a head coach and Im afraid he never will.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:18 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by bricks:
I was never a big fan of Andy Reid from the day the Chiefs hired him.

I know he is a winner and all but he has some major flaws and weaknesses which he repeatedly commits over and over. He hasn’t figured out how to correct his weaknesses or flaws and that is why I don’t have faith he will ever win a superbowl.

The best coaches in my opinion are not only the ones that have a sense of identity but also those that grow as well. Andy has an identity but he hasn’t maximized his growth as a head coach and Im afraid he never will.
Utter brilliance.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:47 PM 12-17-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:

Andy seems to rely on the DC being a guy who's willing to be the much lesser of the two halves. Granted, in a league that craves scoring in the 70s and 80s every game it makes some sense, but clearly he's taken it to the extreme.

Plus, to his defense, who could count on Berry being as unreliable as he's turned out to be? Granted, he's too stupid to know he needs to cut him, or too loyal, but either way, love him or less than love him, Berry's attendance has been a killer for this team.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up