ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock (12/6)
Direckshun 03:01 PM 12-06-2018
I've forced kccrow to test-drive a mock where we sign LeVeon Bell. Kccrow is a damn idiot savant on these things, but I'm going to try it first since I do far less research these days than crow does.

Let's party.

1. The Chiefs are defeated in the AFC Championship game to the Patriots in a shootout. HC Andy Reid and GM Brett Veach are retained, as is DC Bob Sutton.

2. The Chiefs place OLB Dee Ford on the franchise tag.

3. The Chiefs extend WR Tyreek Hill for 4 years, $80m.

4. The Chiefs re-sign: WR De'Anthony Thomas to 2 years, $6m.

5. The Chiefs re-sign to minimal deals: RB Damien Williams, FB Anthony Sherman, TE Demetrius Harris, C Jordan Devey, DE Jarvis Jenkins

6. The Chiefs tender: WR Marcus Kemp, ILB Terrance Smith, S Jordan Lucas, K Harrison Butker

7. The Chiefs let walk: RB Spencer Ware, RB Charcandrick West, WR Chris Conley, OG Jeff Allen, C Mitch Morse, DE Allen Bailey, CB Steven Nelson, CB Orlando Scandrick, S Ron Parker

8. The Chiefs sign RB LeVeon Bell (Steelers) to 3 years, $38m; OT Jake Fisher (Bengals) to 1 year, $4m; DE Henry Anderson (Colts) for 2 years, $12m; CB Darqueze Dennard (Bengals) for 2 years, $10m.

9. The Chiefs are selecting 30th. They are not in the hunt for any compensatory picks.

10. They are in the hunt for as many as 4 compensatory picks in 2020 (Ware, Conley, Morse, Bailey, Nelson).

The Selections:

The Chiefs trade their Marcus Peters 2nd rounder and their 2020 3rd to move up to the 20th overall pick.

1. CB Byron Murphy, Washington

The Chiefs have Kendall Fuller as a solid #1 and Darqueze Dennard as a passable #2, but they swing for the fences to land a starter for the future in Murphy.

2. CB Kris Boyd, Texas

Oh yes, my friends. Oh yes. If the value is there, there's nothing keeping the Chiefs from double dipping.

3. WR Anthony Ratliff-Williams, North Carolina

Chiefs need to make a move to bolster some of the playmaking in the WR corps should Sammy miss his inevitable time in 2019.

5. DE Corbin Kaufusi, Brigham Young
6. CB Myles Bryant, Washington
7. DE Youhanna Ghaifan, Wyoming

Roster:

QB: Mahomes, Henne, Litton
RB: Bell, Williams, Williams
FB: Sherman

WR: Hill, Watkins, Ratliff-Williams, Robinson, Thomas, Kemp
TE: Kelce, Harris

LT: Fisher, Fisher
LG: Erving, Wylie
C: Reiter, Devey
RG: Duvarney-Tardif, McKenzie
RT: Schwartz, Fisher

DE: Jones, Jenkins, Ghaifan
NT: Nnadi, Williams
DE: Anderson, Kaufusi

OLB: Ford, Speaks
ILB: O'Daniel, Ragland, Smith
ILB: Hitchens, Niemann
OLB: Houston, Kpassagnon

CB: Fuller, Dennard, Murphy, Boyd, Smith, Bryant
S: Berry, Sorensen, Watts, Lucas, Murray

K: Butker
P: Colquitt
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:03 PM 12-06-2018
Le'Veon Bell holds out an entire season for more money and security.

Proceeds to sign a 3 year deal with the Chiefs for $12 million a season.

Fuck out of here with that shit.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:05 PM 12-06-2018
Gurley is getting an average of roughly $14.5 million per year. Bell reportedly wants $17-17.5 million a season. If you're signing Bell....then you'd be looking at a contract of at least 4 years and $70 million.
[Reply]
Direckshun 03:07 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
You paid him too much.
Originally Posted by The Pest:
You're not paying him enough.
:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:09 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
:-)
It's not my fault that you suck at these now.
[Reply]
Chargem 03:31 PM 12-06-2018
I don't really like this one I'm afraid.

Not a fan of paying anything for a RB.

Not really a fan of going into the season knowing you pretty much have to start a rookie CB in game 1 for your nickel package.

Not really a fan of a FA stop gap steady DE but only looking for the long term answer at DE in the late rounds of the draft.

Not a fan of adding nothing at all at safety.

There's so many holes on the D right now that I'm not really a fan of trading up.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:35 PM 12-06-2018
Not a fan.

Veach isn’t going to sign another luxury piece on offense when we already have one.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:08 PM 12-06-2018
The Chiefs are defeated in the AFC Championship game to the Patriots in a shootout

Stopped reading after this. Why do you keep posting this shit? Closet Pats fan?
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:56 PM 12-06-2018
The first time I heard the announcers for a Michigan State game say “Le’Veon Bell,” I thought to myself, “Good God, it finally happened. Somebody actually named their kid Labia”
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:56 PM 12-06-2018
Man does that DL suck ass
[Reply]
Chargem 06:05 PM 12-07-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
The Chiefs are defeated in the AFC Championship game to the Patriots in a shootout

Stopped reading after this. Why do you keep posting this shit? Closet Pats fan?
He clearly wants to project a slightly higher draft pick for the Chiefs to think of more trade up etc options, mock drafts are more interesting when you aren't picking 32.
[Reply]
Up