ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Bohemian Rhapsody spinoff - Great Guitar Tone
Fishpicker 09:27 PM 12-04-2018
I saw the movie last month. it sent me on a Queen listening binge. Brian May kills it with his playing and his tone. His tone is very recognizable. That's part due to his red special guitar, May really made it sing.

This thread is for discussing guitar tone and the appreciation we have for players that developed their sound into something unique.

love the tone and distortion. May is playing a flying V in the video but I wonder which guitar he recorded with.

Freddie King had amazing tone considering the ancient equipment he had to rely on. that fuzzy distortion helps Kings guitar scream and emote
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:56 PM 12-08-2018
I do like Santana's sound. Stevie Ray Vaughn with the huge strings and his vice grip was sweet. SRV Little Wing or Riveria Paradise. Gary Clark Jr.
[Reply]
jimidollar 09:48 AM 12-09-2018
My two favorites are Brian May and Dimebag Darrell.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:22 PM 12-09-2018
Jerry Cantrell. You can instantly tell an Alice in Chains song by the guitar tone.
[Reply]
jimidollar 03:50 PM 12-09-2018
Jerry is awesome.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 12:10 AM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I do like Santana's sound. Stevie Ray Vaughn with the huge strings and his vice grip was sweet. SRV Little Wing or Riveria Paradise. Gary Clark Jr.
SRV's number one was a '59 stratocaster that needed new frets twice a year. So SRV had bass frets put on it. he also had the action raised on his guitar to accomodate the jumbo guitar furniture and strings. the tone on that thing was induplicable. I love listening to SRV but that tone from his main axe was too much. it worked great for a few songs like voodoo chile where he wanted a screaming sound. after listening to that for a while, it starts to sound like a pack of jaguars fighting and fucking

still tho

I think he sounded better playing his other guitars
[Reply]
Rivaldo 09:58 PM 12-10-2018

:48 to :50 ftw dat right hand

Also, 2 minutes in till the end honorable mention Goat

ahhh his facial expressions
[Reply]
Rivaldo 10:07 PM 12-10-2018

[Reply]
Rivaldo 10:13 PM 12-10-2018

[Reply]