ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Most important trait for Mahomes' targets?
Dante84 12:41 PM 11-26-2018
Specific to Mahomes' skillset, what is most important for his wr/rb/te targets?

Is it ability to create separation (speed + routes: Tyreek, Sammy)
Is it ability to make the contested catch (height + vert + hands: Kelce)
Is it ability to create YAC (elusiveness + tackle breaking: Kareem)

Trying to imagine who would be the best addition for this offense as it relates to Mahomes, or what skills we should be looking for.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:10 PM 11-26-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
SPARQ score also helps; dudes with those springs in their legs can get up/out better and give the QB a slightly better catch radius.

Sportscience did an episode with guys diving/jumping for balls and halfway convinced me that no pass should ever hit the ground. The amount of space some of the truly elite WRs can cover by diving one direction or another is just unreal.

Found one (not the one I saw) that goes over Megatron's catch radius:

4,000 cubic feet. That's just hilarious.
That's about 15.9 ft in any direction... so let's just say a 5-yard radius. Not that appalling really.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:12 PM 11-26-2018
Knowing adjustments and staying with the play.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:06 AM 11-27-2018
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Quickness to separate, hands, agility to get YAC.

And just how the **** do you embed videos here anymore? I can't figure it out... Apparently it throws a fit over iframes or some shit now..
Assuming you mean YouTubes:

1. click "share" under the video
2. select "embed"
3. copy the text
4. paste it here

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:29 PM 11-27-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Bingo.

You need a big catch radius, soft flexible hands, and the ability to climb the ladder.

The ideal Mahomes receiver is probably prime Larry Fitz.
I'm wondering if jumping is more a "nice to have." I think jump ball receivers are more for guys like DeShaun. Less accurate qbs who aren't stellar at making fast reads. Fitz is a decent example. But I'd rather a fast guy who can get separation and have big possession guys as secondary targets. Fitz is a nice complement to tyreek, but tyreek is really the perfect receiver for mahomes to build around.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:32 PM 11-27-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I'm wondering if jumping is more a "nice to have." I think jump ball receivers are more for guys like DeShaun. Less accurate qbs who aren't stellar at making fast reads. Fitz is a decent example. But I'd rather a fast guy who can get separation and have big possession guys as secondary targets. Fitz is a nice complement to tyreek, but tyreek is really the perfect receiver for mahomes to build around.
Tyreek has gone up for SEVERAL errant Mahomes passes.

Guys with an arm like his are gonna overheat a couple and they'll sail. I think being able to get up there for passes is huge and maybe even moreso for Mahomes because of his willingness to attack and the degree of difficulty in the throws he attempts.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:41 PM 11-27-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Assuming you mean YouTubes:

1. click "share" under the video
2. select "embed"
3. copy the text
4. paste it here

That's what I did but it kept throwing an error for some reason. I can't remember exactly what it said but it wasn't working. Perhaps the specific video I was trying to post or some shit.. I dunno...

Anyhow, this is the guy I think fits the profile from a slot perspective.

[Reply]
WhiteWhale 08:03 PM 12-01-2018
I think the track team we have is pretty perfect.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up