ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Purple or Casper?
Lzen 07:28 AM 05-27-2020
I know there were threads in the past about mattresses. I have read through all of the one from last year. Now I believe that my wife and I are down to either a Purple or Casper. What say you, CPers?
[Reply]
Otter 02:35 PM 05-27-2020
Purple mattress hybrid premiere.

Feels like your sleeping on a big pile of college cheerleaders. :-)

A good mattress and good shoes are not something to go cheap.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:36 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I've heard Purple is really comfortable but sucks and goes to shit in about a year based on what it is made out of.

I'd like to confirm people's thoughts though that have these but have had them at least a few years.
only had ours a year. but so far, doesn't seem to be fading. we try to rotate it every other month. can't flip it, as the purple stuff is only on one side. oh...and there are no GD handles on it, so it's a bear to move it around.

I'm curious to see how it feels / how I'll sleep at the 2 year mark, since that seems to be when all my other mattresses mysteriously go downhill.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:46 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
Purple mattress hybrid premiere.

Feels like your sleeping on a big pile of college cheerleaders. :-)

A good mattress and good shoes are not something to go cheap.
That is a unique way of describing how a mattress feels and good god yes at that last part. I learned my lesson years ago.
[Reply]
007 05:20 PM 05-27-2020
Oki Oki mattress
[Reply]
angelo 06:36 PM 05-27-2020
I highly recommend
https://plankmattress.com/products/mattresses/plank/

Wife and I have been through Sleep Number, Serta and Stearns & Foster
This is the best of them all.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:53 PM 05-27-2020
I have a Leesa.

It was a big upgrade at the time, but I'd take a SleepNumber next.
[Reply]
Groves 07:56 PM 05-27-2020
Do the Purple mattresses work on articulating bed bases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
digger 08:34 PM 05-27-2020
Just order a purple last week, 10-14 days out... Hope this one is the one...
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:37 PM 05-27-2020
Bought a Casper a few years ago... it was a big upgrade, but wouldn't say it's amazing either. I could use something a little softer, like their Wave or finding another one, but as others have said, it's a lot of money to change your mind.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:17 PM 05-27-2020
Originally Posted by redhed:
Memory foam FTW. No more back pain!
I have a middle of the road mattress from NFM with a memory foam topper. I fucking love melting into that damn thing.
[Reply]
EPodolak 10:34 PM 05-27-2020
Figured I'd always prefer a firm mattress. Tested a few in stores and came away with a strong preference for plush ones instead. The Tempur-Pedic Cloud Luxe is the standard, but found one from Nest Bedding a few years ago that compares to it for a lot less $. Also bought some adjustable bases on Amazon, for back sleeping nothing beats finding that zero gravity tilt that takes the strain off your spine. Good pillows are important too.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:46 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by oldman:
I don't know where the OP lives, but when the stores open back up, just go try several. I'd agree with DaFace about the adjustable base which seems to be pretty pricey on the sleep number. Unless you do a lot of reading or watching TV in bed, that seems like a lot of money you could spend elsewhere. The nice thing about the sleep number is you both can be happy campers as far as firmness. Oldwoman is usually likes hers at 40, but I change between 55 to 65, dependng on how my back feels.
Closest store is about 50 miles away.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:49 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by angelo:
I highly recommend
https://plankmattress.com/products/mattresses/plank/

Wife and I have been through Sleep Number, Serta and Stearns & Foster
This is the best of them all.
That says it's firm. I don't like firm. I want something softer.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:52 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by redhed:
Memory foam FTW. No more back pain!
My Serta is memory foam. It was great for a while, the best mattress I ever had. But like all things, it seems to have reached the end of its usefulness.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:57 AM 05-28-2020
Thanks for all of the comments. I appreciate the input.

It seems that all of you that have a Sleep Number have been happy. I guess in the future, I may have to reconsider that option.

The wife and I decided to give the Purple a try. They have the 100 night trial period. We figure if it doesn't work for us, we're not out anything.

BTW, they are not called the Purple 3 or 4 any longer, apparently. I think they are Purple Hybrid and Purple Hybrid Premier now.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up