« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Chris Jones Thread****
Dante84 05:36 PM 04-29-2016
He's our guy: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...t-chris-jones/

Coming to KC soon. #Salute pic.twitter.com/dFDRuUdDt3

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 30, 2016

Here's a bunch of his tape:

Spoiler!

.@PFF_Mike explains why the Chiefs just landed a highly-underrated DT in Chris Jones. https://t.co/b0G66chLl5 pic.twitter.com/iVQ0KXqY7s

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 29, 2016

My scouting report on #Chiefs DL Chris Jones, who I believe has elite potential in NFLhttps://t.co/Nc2mJFYJEn pic.twitter.com/pIlxuf67iz

— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) April 29, 2016

[Reply]
staylor26 06:09 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by Iczer:
Sorry if this has already been asked. Outside of Chris Jones reviews being very good, etc. Am I the only one slightly concerned on using a high 2nd round pick on a rotational player where we already have depth? I understand some say this mean Poe will be gone or whatever. That's to be determined. I'm just amazed we didn't address a bigger need to fill a potential starter and be more of an impact.
BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE

We might have the best Dline in the NFL.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:09 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
So Poe is as good as gone huh. Makes me sad.
I don't think so. This guy is like Marcus Peters last year. He fell a little bit and has an extremely high ceiling.

He'll be a rotational player but keep in mind, Jaye Howard only signed a 2 year deal and will be 29 when that contract expires.

Jones is only 21.

His comp is Muhammed Wilkerson.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:09 PM 04-29-2016
Sorry if this has already been asked. Outside of Chris Jones reviews being very good, etc. Am I the only one slightly concerned on using a high 2nd round pick on a rotational player where we already have depth? I understand some say this mean Poe will be gone or whatever. That's to be determined. I'm just amazed we didn't address a bigger need to fill a potential starter and be more of an impact.

I'm with you.
[Reply]
notorious 06:09 PM 04-29-2016
Go with the talent.
[Reply]
TimBone 06:11 PM 04-29-2016
I don't know anything about him, but that tape of him vs. LSU is kind of concerning. He loafs A LOT. He showed a couple moments of dominance, but other than that it was kind of ugly.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:11 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by staylor26:
**** your draft guid. Top 15 talent.
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Your guide sucks.

Jones was considered by many to be a 1st round pick. Dorsey made a great move by getting Jones and the #105.
:-) alrighty then

I've never watched the kid play a down, but there does seem to be something to the raw descriptions, those clips highlighting his weaknesses werent so hot

Maybe its just the position that isnt slaying me, wanted some instant impact sizzle at CB or an OLB prospect, we'll see... I'm willing to give Dorsey a mulligan here
[Reply]
Coach 06:11 PM 04-29-2016
You build from the inside-out, defensively, in my opinion. It looks like the same model that Carolina is doing. Not just because of Poe, but Howard is on a 2 year deal, and DeVito just retired. Can't discount the injuries as it's gonna happen.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:12 PM 04-29-2016
It could be a chicken or the egg argument, but does a CB benefit more from DL play, or does a DL benefit from CB play? I tend to believe the former.
[Reply]
notorious 06:13 PM 04-29-2016
Remember when Baltimore was amazing at defense yet the kept drafting defense every year?

They knew what their identity was, and built upon it.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:13 PM 04-29-2016

I keep saying "this is the last one for now," then Jones destroys another play and I have to post it. pic.twitter.com/rcoExmwCjz

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 30, 2016

[Reply]
Coach 06:13 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
It could be a chicken or the egg argument, but does a CB benefit more from DL play, or does a DL benefit from CB play? I tend to believe the former.
I'm more of in the "CB benefit more from DL play" boat.
[Reply]
NIUhuskies 06:13 PM 04-29-2016

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:14 PM 04-29-2016
Because in the draft, Best Player Available is king.

In the new NFL with no huddle you have to have versatile DL who can play multiple techniques. Especially at NT... 1-dimensional NTs are liabilities. These guys don't grow on trees. And with Devito retiring, we don't have good enough depth. Now you can keep Poe fresh and give Howard more flexibility to move around. He doesn't have to start to make a huge impact.
[Reply]
Dante84 06:15 PM 04-29-2016

Seriously, the man is a brute. And it's not like this is some scrub offensive line. pic.twitter.com/3cOl7G1pzW

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 30, 2016

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 06:15 PM 04-29-2016
Originally Posted by Coach:
You build from the inside-out, defensively, in my opinion. It looks like the same model that Carolina is doing. Not just because of Poe, but Howard is on a 2 year deal, and DeVito just retired. Can't discount the injuries as it's gonna happen.
With Devito gone, Poe's ability to play the 5-tech, Bailey at DE, and Howard's versatility, I feel our DL rotation will be filthy by adding Jones.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 59
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up