ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS projects Chiefs 2020 season
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 06:47 PM 05-27-2020
While I can't fault some of Tyler Sullivan's thought processes in determining wins and losses, I still can't believe he's projecting the Chiefs to lose games by double-digits. I just don't see that happening.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...s-projections/
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:58 AM 05-28-2020
The weirdest part of that whole thing is that he's using scores from the late 90s.

His "high-flying display of offense" yields a 33-28 score? He never truly acknowledges that the Chiefs are capable of dropping 38+ at will so these 'closer than expected' games that end in the 20s are just absurd. As are the multiple games in the teens.

He just isn't giving his scores a proper 'Chiefs offense' kicker. Most of the rest of it I have little problem with.
[Reply]
O.city 09:06 AM 05-28-2020
If they stay healthy, would it surprise anyone if the Chiefs averaged about 34 points per game?

Hell they may have a few games where they're just clicking and they put up a 50 burger.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:13 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
If they stay healthy, would it surprise anyone if the Chiefs averaged about 34 points per game?

Hell they may have a few games where they're just clicking and they put up a 50 burger.
Depends on the defense, really. Did they adopt that 4th and 15 from the 25 for an onside rule? That may encourage Andy to stay on the gas a little longer as well (higher risk of a team converting a couple of those and turning a 17 point 'insurmountable' lead on its head).

But if the defense is giving up 17-21 points with regularity, the offense will probably hover largely in the 28-31 point range. Andy just doesn't like to show anything he doesn't have to.

And for everyone that complains about that - the 9ers got torched by WASP because we kept it in our pocket until we really needed it. The concept hadn't been put on tape often and the 49ers clearly didn't expect it because of that. Keeping your cards close to the vest is a generally a good thing. But it will keep our overall scoring output down at times.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:53 AM 05-28-2020
The scores are just... stupid. Overall result is about right to me, though I don't see any way in hell the Dolphins beat them and I really, really don't buy into the Buffalo hype.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up