ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 74
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I’m never leaving
Deberg_1990 11:50 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Get this thread to 1,000 posts and I’ll tell you why.
[Reply]
sedated 03:12 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The vaccine is ahead of schedule and you think probably no sports until 2022?
Never underestimate the stupidity of Americans. If they are told to get the vaccine, they will shout "freedom", then drive to the grocery store to cough on the lettuce.
[Reply]
R Clark 03:15 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
Never underestimate the stupidity of Americans. If they are told to get the vaccine, they will shout "freedom", then drive to the grocery store to cough on the lettuce.
Would you think twice about getting vaccinated?Or just get in line for it
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 06-22-2020, 03:19 PM
This message has been deleted by OrtonsPiercedTaint. Reason: Not nice
sedated 03:32 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
That depends
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:48 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:

People think the vaccine is going to be untested and unproven when it comes out. If that were the case, it would have been released already as soon as the first couple of phase 1 results came back looking promising.

The vaccine isn’t going to eradicate the disease, at least not any time soon. But it will probably be at least as effective as the yearly flu shot, which, if enough people took every year would dramatically reduce the annual flu deaths in this country.

But we’re certain to get a bunch of nut balls refusing the vaccine when it does come out, both from the anti-vax crowd and the fucking weirdos who think Bill Gates is trying to take over the world.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:57 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The vaccine is ahead of schedule and you think probably no sports until 2022?
Came out today the government hasn't passed out the $14 BILLION to help fund vaccine research that was approved and signed into law in mid-march. 3 months is a long time in a pandemic. WTF is up with that? There are several promising studies out there that could be sped up with $14 BILLION of cash infused into their research.
[Reply]
Bugeater 04:03 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Came out today the government hasn't passed out the $14 BILLION to help fund vaccine research that was approved and signed into law in mid-march. 3 months is a long time in a pandemic. WTF is up with that? There are several promising studies out there that could be sped up with $14 BILLION of cash infused into their research.
Bill Gates hasn't given them permission to do so yet.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:04 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Bill Gates hasn't given them permission to do so yet.
:-) I don't think Gates has Trumps ear.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:09 PM 06-22-2020
Then you get into the competive balance issue. Is losing Mahomes to covid for 14 days the same as the other teams backup DT? Teams will just have to treat it like someone got a concussion or strained a hamstring. Shit happens, deal with it.
Nah. At some point, some NFL player goes on a ventilator or dies from it. Or it happens to a baseball player or a college football player. Once that happens, I think people step back and the rallying cry is to put sports in perspective.

That's how I see it playing out at least. And I'd love to be wrong.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:27 PM 06-22-2020
Us bank stadium canceling all 2020 events except vikings.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:37 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Nah. At some point, some NFL player goes on a ventilator or dies from it. Or it happens to a baseball player or a college football player. Once that happens, I think people step back and the rallying cry is to put sports in perspective.

That's how I see it playing out at least. And I'd love to be wrong.
Outdoor activities are pretty much safe. I still think football can work if they just think outside the box.
  1. No locker rooms, at least not as we know them now. Find a better solution to get people changed and showered w/o so much contact. I refuse to believe this is an impossible problem.
  2. All players wear full plexiglass faceshields - integrated with their facemasks. Maybe also some protection underneath as long as it doesn't inhibit their oxygen intake.
  3. No contact in practice, everyone wears their helmets with faceshields at all times. If you can't practice outdoors, don't practice. Coaches wear masks and yell through a megaphone or something.
  4. All day games.
  5. Maybe no games in domes - do some research on a dome with as much air movement as possible vs. full outdoors. I suspect a giant dome with air movement is pretty safe.
  6. Might have to have all late season and playoff games in warm weather. Cold air seems to be a sweet spot for the virus.

Yeah it would be a bizarre season. But maybe it could work.

Just read this about our latest understanding of how the virus spreads: https://www.npr.org/2020/06/17/87925...ess-covid-risk

And watch this video showing how breath droplets disperse in air:

And then think about how it could still work.
[Reply]
eDave 09:46 PM 06-22-2020
:-) I don't think Gates has Trumps ear.
Gates doesn't want it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:34 PM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Outdoor activities are pretty much safe. I still think football can work if they just think outside the box.
  1. No locker rooms, at least not as we know them now. Find a better solution to get people changed and showered w/o so much contact. I refuse to believe this is an impossible problem.
  2. All players wear full plexiglass faceshields - integrated with their facemasks. Maybe also some protection underneath as long as it doesn't inhibit their oxygen intake.
  3. No contact in practice, everyone wears their helmets with faceshields at all times. If you can't practice outdoors, don't practice. Coaches wear masks and yell through a megaphone or something.
  4. All day games.
  5. Maybe no games in domes - do some research on a dome with as much air movement as possible vs. full outdoors. I suspect a giant dome with air movement is pretty safe.
  6. Might have to have all late season and playoff games in warm weather. Cold air seems to be a sweet spot for the virus.

Yeah it would be a bizarre season. But maybe it could work.

Just read this about our latest understanding of how the virus spreads: https://www.npr.org/2020/06/17/87925...ess-covid-risk

And watch this video showing how breath droplets disperse in air:

And then think about how it could still work.
all of that is fine and dandy but what’s going to hold the NFL back is not player safety from covid but how playing football Spreads covid in communities.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:46 AM 06-23-2020
gotta stay scared until november.
[Reply]
eDave 07:13 AM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
gotta stay scared until november.
To who's benefit?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:32 AM 06-23-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
To who's benefit?
Well any conspiracy theorist would tell you the dems.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 74
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Up