ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 140
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
ROYC75 10:24 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
This place is going to be a real riot after Veach trades both 2's to get back into the first.

I just don't see it. Really makes no sense.

What # 1 pic is make us dominating? The draft is crap shoot of players bust.

But 2 # 2 can add quality depth, providing they don't bust too.

Keep our 2's!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:26 PM 04-23-2019
Mahomes is the Chiefs last first round draft pick!!
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 10:26 PM 04-23-2019
https://www.kmbc.com/article/domesti...rting/27246126

Originally Posted by :
While at University of Michigan, Clark plead guilty to a felony home invasion charge for taking a laptop from a dorm room.

Two years later in 2014, he was dismissed form the team after he was charged with domestic violence and assault in Ohio.

Wow, he's actually been guilty of a lot more than Hunt ever did, and he gets $100M.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:29 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:

Wow, he's actually been guilty of a lot more than Hunt ever did, and he gets $100M.
:-)

It was in college and Hunt was dismissed because he lied to his coaches and employer.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:30 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
It'd be ****ing hilarious if they traded both second rounders to Seattle for the 29th pick.
I was hoping we’d trade down because odds are good the value at 29 wouldn’t be there.

Now we got 1st round value for our 1st plus Ford, who didn’t fit our scheme anyway.

Now that I think about it if we win a SB this year I don’t care if Clark immediately turns and punches the first person he sees. It’s Hunts money and I just want one SB victory before I die...
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:37 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
I just don't see it. Really makes no sense.

What # 1 pic is make us dominating? The draft is crap shoot of players bust.

But 2 # 2 can add quality depth, providing they don't bust too.

Keep our 2's!
Riverboat Brett don't care
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:38 PM 04-23-2019
The only thing left to do is win the whole fucking thing. None of those picks matter if they do. Pick 29 isn't making an impact like Clark is...
[Reply]
RickObie 10:41 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I was hoping we’d trade down because odds are good the value at 29 wouldn’t be there.

Now we got 1st round value for our 1st plus Ford, who didn’t fit our scheme anyway.

Now that I think about it if we win a SB this year I don’t care if Clark immediately turns and punches the first person he sees. It’s Hunts money and I just want one SB victory before I die...
Amen to that!!! I’m 50 - liver is shot - I need one SB before the Lord calls me home.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:44 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
The only thing left to do is win the whole fucking thing. None of those picks matter if they do. Pick 29 isn't making an impact like Clark is...
YOU'VE GOT THE TOUCH!

YOU'VE GOT THE POWWWWWWWWAHHHHHHHHHHHH

YEAH!
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:03 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by RickObie:
Amen to that!!! I’m 50 - liver is shot - I need one SB before the Lord calls me home.
dang is it that bad?
[Reply]
rico 11:04 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by raidersnumber1:

It sounds like he was hangin out with that God damned Lonnie Chisenhall!!!
[Reply]
ROYC75 11:06 PM 04-23-2019
I think with our 2-2's, we have a good shot at getting either of these 2,

Joe Juan Williams-Vanderbilt, CB/S

Lonnie Johnson - UK, CB

I would be happy with 1. :-)

I would be thrilled and spinning with both!:-)
[Reply]
rico 11:09 PM 04-23-2019
Won’t be watching the draft this year.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:15 PM 04-23-2019
I've had time to cool off a bit. He is a great player.

But it's still a bad deal.

And I think some people are justifying it by saying, "FUCK IT, LET'S GO ALL IN JUST LIKE THE ROYALS!" The Royals saw an opening where they were close and acquired players to put them over the top. This defense is still at ground zero, where the only great pieces we really know about are Jones, Fuller, and Mathieu (a guy we had to pay through the nose in free agency). Yeah, there are other good players and potential gems littered throughout, but there are also 2 or 3 glaring weak spots and possibly more.

I just don't think the defense is going to make the leap people are expecting with this acquisition. I look at this defense and I still see plenty of holes and weaknesses that can be easily exploited.

Did we actually secure a defense that can actually be just good enough so that our offense can outscore everybody? I'm honestly not sure about that. I have way more hope for our change in defensive coaching staff and scheme accomplishing that goal than I do specifically filling one of those holes with Frank Clark.
[Reply]
FAX 11:16 PM 04-23-2019
It's now midnight and I still don't know how many Veach Power Points this deal is worth.

It's a very close call. Trade wise, it's probably a fair value swap since we need production now, Clark's a good fit for the new scheme, and it's unlikely we could do any better in the draft. Surrendering that extra 2020 2nd sucks, but the 3rd round swap this year is nice ... so that part is tricky.

Price wise, it's a different deal entirely. Clark is expensive. However, as we all know ... if you're going to make mac & cheese, put your money in the cheese. Rooks are cheap and we all know why.

So I don't think Veach earns any Power Points for this deal.

Except ... he got it done. And he got it done before the draft which means we are less likely to take a flier on an unproven edge guy. Veach can now focus elsewhere since the D-line is pretty set (and looking good from my point-of-view). Considering that, (insert stunned gasp from the crowd) I hereby award Veach one-half (1/2) Veach Power Points which puts his total at an even -42 Veach Power Points for his career to date. He has some work to do to get back to 0.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 94 of 140
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104 > Last »
Up