ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 87 of 140
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark to KC!
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:30 AM 04-23-2019

Sources: The #Seahawks and #Chiefs are deep in talks on a trade to send star Frank Clark to KC. The compensation would include a 1st rounder, a 2020 2nd rounder and a swap of mid-rounders. To complete it, the franchise tagged player and Chiefs must hammer out a deal.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2019

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:39 PM 04-23-2019
From Nate Taylor’s article.....

“The guy is better than (Jadeveon) Clowney, (Demarcus) Lawrence, (Joey) Bosa,” one source told The Athletic in assessing Clark’s ability. “Only guy better is (Khalil) Mack. He’s the second-best pass-rusher in (the) league.”

FWIW... not saying I believe it myself but Ford and Clark are very different players.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:39 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Ideally you draft and develop your own so you have cost controlled talent for 4-5 years.
Good plan. Clark can destroy the AFC with us while we try to find more of that cost controlled talent
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:40 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-)

Hey you ****ing moron Clark wasnt a free agency acquisition. You cant make this shit up.
Oh look; you got me on a technical! Break out the Champagne!

I had to give you that one because you can't dodge the other and I didn't want to hurt your feelings too bad.

So the question remains( and I'll give you the "dude" version if it will help you come up with an answer ):

When does "we set ourselves up for next year SOOOOOOOOOO rad, bruh"(!) turn in to, "we're going in to the draft with all these picks we amassed, and were going to work a full board, and draft more kickass players than not"(?)

When does that happen, Marcellus?

Does it happen when Mahomes contract is finished and we have no choice but to draft because we can't pay multiple, high dollar acquisitions each year? Or do we just slim our number of FA and trade pickups down to two a year as we clear out our whole lot of picks to do so?
[Reply]
New World Order 07:40 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
The mental gymnastics people are attempting to shit allover it is pretty pathetic.

"Why not keep Dee Ford"

"We should have just kept the guy that couldn't ****ing line up properly and cost the entire team a Super Bowl, so we can keep that first round pick and draft a center"
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:40 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

“The guy is better than (Jadeveon) Clowney, (Demarcus) Lawrence, (Joey) Bosa,” one source told The Athletic in assessing Clark’s ability. “Only guy better is (Khalil) Mack. He’s the second-best pass-rusher in (the) league.”

FWIW... not saying I believe it myself but Ford and Clark are very different players.
But muh CP drama queens said he gets paid a lot
[Reply]
petegz28 07:41 PM 04-23-2019
I think it's funny how everyone thinks we would have drafted a player as good as or better than Clark, paid him almost 0$ and when it didn't work out they would be bitching when another team traded for him and we didn't
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:42 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
There is an argument to be made regarding Clark but this absolutely isn't it. Anyone using this is retarded. Frank is a clear upgrade over Ford. No question.
There's a group of people that want to shit on literally everything and will twist the narrative any way they can to do it. Like homers, except they're droopy cunts around the clock.

You're not going to find a lot of people that would argue they paid the appropriate price in the trade, but the amount of overpay is overblown and they overpaid for the right situation for once.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:42 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

Eh. That reads more like a Chiefs tinted fluff piece.
[Reply]
ROYC75 07:43 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
No matter how you spin it, the Chiefs did not draft Frank Clark. If you can't figure out the difference between a "draft pick" and a "free agency acquisition", then which one of us is amazingly fucking stupid, Jane?
Are you questing Frank Clark's ability to get drafted " twice" in his career. Are you telling me you question Frank's ability?

[Reply]
Halfcan 07:46 PM 04-23-2019
There's a group of people that want to shit on literally everything and will twist the narrative any way they can to do it. Like homers, except they're droopy ****s around the clock.

You're not going to find a lot of people that would argue they paid the appropriate price in the trade, but the amount of overpay is overblown and they overpaid for the right situation for once.
Yep, we heard this same shit with Mahomes- we gave up 2 First Rounders!

Who did Buffalo draft with those picks again?
[Reply]
petegz28 07:46 PM 04-23-2019
There's a group of people that want to shit on literally everything and will twist the narrative any way they can to do it. Like homers, except they're droopy ****s around the clock.

And considering none of it is "their" money it's like WTF do you care?
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:48 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Houston and Berry disagree. They are still getting paid by us thanks to the stupid moron Dorsey.
Houston already got his for sure.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:49 PM 04-23-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Yep, we heard this same shit with Mahomes- we gave up 2 First Rounders!

Who did Buffalo draft with those picks again?
Any chance you get to take Tre'Davious White over Patrick Mahomes, buh gawd you've just gotta make that move so that Barnwell will write a flattering review.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:51 PM 04-23-2019
The mental gymnastics people are attempting to shit allover it is pretty pathetic.

"Why not keep Dee Ford"

"We should have just kept the guy that couldn't fucking line up properly and cost the entire team a Super Bowl, so we can keep that first round pick and draft a center"
ONE idiot advocated for that. Maybe two. You are being intellectually dishonest.

This place cracks me the fuck up. I can watch 20 dudes post shit about how Frank Clark is going to "wreck worlds" and then when someone has the "gall" to demand he do so for what was given for him, it becomes "WELL YOU'RE BEING UNREALISTIC, STOP BEING A JERK"!

Nobody ever, and I mean fucking EVER said that this board lacks for hypocrites and flip-flopping wafflers.

How about pick a position and then stand by it like a man? Is that at all possible here?

Or are you guys just going to circle the wagons every time our shittastic "negotiator" of a GM distracts your brain with a shiny new object?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:54 PM 04-23-2019
BTW , has Eric Berry been signed by anybody?
[Reply]
Page 87 of 140
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137 > Last »
Up