ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 48
« First < 364243444546 4748 >
Media Center>Chris Pratt Lands GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Lead
Tribal Warfare 06:42 PM 02-05-2013
Chris Pratt Lands GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Lead

After countless shortlist stories and rumors concerning who would play Star-Lord in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, the search for the lead role is finally over, and fittingly the actor is someone who never appeared on any of the aforementioned lists. Deadline reports that Chris Pratt has been tapped to play Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, a character who was born of a human mother and alien father, and is a master strategist and combat expert who wears an ability-enhancing suit and pilots a psychically-linked ship. As Guardians features a cast of strange and cosmic characters, Quill was an important role to fill because he will likely act as the audience’s introduction to the vast, unfamiliar Guardians world. Hit the jump for more.

There were plenty of actors rumored for the role that made a lot of sense (John Krasinski, Zachary Levi, etc.), and Deadline notes that Marvel made test deals with Joel Edgerton, Jack Huston, Lee Pace, and Eddie Redmayne, but Chris Pratt actually seems like a perfect fit. His comic timing is excellent as evidenced by his work on NBC’s Parks and Recreation, and he’s shown his talent on the dramatic side with Moneyball and 2012’s Zero Dark Thirty, for which he also proved that he can beef up for a role if need-be.

Looking back on the previous shortlists and taking Pratt into consideration, it’s clear that writer/director James Gunn is planning on injecting a good amount of humor into Guardians of the Galaxy. A rumor surfaced recently that Marvel was looking at possibly tapping Jim Carrey or Adam Sandler to do voice work in the film (one of the guardians is a talking raccoon), so I’m interested to see the tone that Gunn settles on for the finished film.

With the role of Star-Lord secure, Gunn and Marvel now look to filling out the rest of the cast, which includes the powerful Drax the Destroyer, a giant tree named Groot, the aforementioned Rocket Raccoon, and the female lead Gamora. The story is also rumored to involve the villain Thanos. Expect to hear more soon as production gears up to begin later this year. Guardians of the Galaxy will be released in 3D on August 1, 2014.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:32 PM 05-15-2017
Awesome, awesome, awesome movie. Loved it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:00 AM 05-16-2017
Great movie...
Spoiler!

[Reply]
The Franchise 08:57 AM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Great movie...
Spoiler!
Which comedic moment was that?
[Reply]
Ebolapox 09:04 AM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Which comedic moment was that?
Originally Posted by :
Spoiler!
That I think
[Reply]
cabletech94 06:43 PM 05-16-2017
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:

That I think
perfect!
[Reply]
unlurking 06:45 AM 05-17-2017
Hoping to see this weekend, but though this was hilarious...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/us/tex...rnd/index.html

Originally Posted by :
(CNN)A Texas man is demanding a refund from his date after she texted while they were at the movies in Austin.

Brandon Vezmar filed a petition at a small claims court seeking $17.31 in damages. He claims he spent that much money to take his unidentified date to a 3-D showing of "Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2" on May 6, he told the Austin American-Statesman.

"After the movie started, defendant activated her phone at least 10-20 times in 15 minutes to read and send text messages, in direct violation of the theater's policy, " his petition states.

Vezmar accuses his date of "adversely affecting the viewing experience" of moviegoers. "While damages sought are modest, the principle is important as defendant's behavior is a threat to civilized society," his petition says.

Vezmar told the newspaper that he met the woman online, and that it was their first date. "It was kind of a first date from hell," he said, adding that texting at the movies is, "like, one of my biggest pet peeves."

The woman, who asked the paper not to use her name, said she was texting a friend who needed her.

[Reply]
Sorce 08:03 AM 05-17-2017
Saw it this last weekend, I enjoyed it a lot however the soundtrack on this one was nowhere near as good and didn't feel like as big a part of the movie.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:11 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:

Lol, awesome. Hope she does time.
[Reply]
BigRichard 07:11 AM 05-18-2017

The best part of this story is James Gunn responded to it on twitter...

Originally Posted by :
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 director James Gunn has weighed in on the drama, and it seems Brandon has his full support.
Tweeting a link to Brandon’s story, he said: ‘Why stop at suing? She deserves jail time!’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/17/a-man-...#ixzz4hR4N2MC3

[Reply]
Rausch 11:47 AM 05-18-2017
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Saw it this last weekend, I enjoyed it a lot however the soundtrack on this one was nowhere near as good and didn't feel like as big a part of the movie.
Oh, it is MUCH better.

It might not seem that way as you watch the film but buy it.

And GOTG2 is much better in the sense that it's a much more "grounded" story and less about popcorn filler.

Really, its a movie about a ****ed up family resolving ****ed up family issues...
[Reply]
Sorce 01:54 PM 05-18-2017
Spoiler!

[Reply]
stumppy 10:09 PM 05-18-2017
Seen this today in IMAX 3D. It was killer. I Rated GoG 1 as a 10. GoG 2 is a solid 9.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:31 AM 05-19-2017
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Seen this today in IMAX 3D. It was killer. I Rated GoG 1 as a 10. GoG 2 is a solid 9.
Love watching these types of movies in IMAX, but hate 3D. Just a waste of money to me. Problem is that the only close IMAX to me seems to only have the big movies like this one in 3D.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:09 AM 05-19-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Love watching these types of movies in IMAX, but hate 3D. Just a waste of money to me. Problem is that the only close IMAX to me seems to only have the big movies like this one in 3D.
I hadn't watched a 3D movie in several years and felt the same way. That said, I was pretty impressed with the quality. This is one I'd be happy to see again in 3D.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:50 AM 05-19-2017

This is awesome.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 48
« First < 364243444546 4748 >
Up