ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 153 of 270
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***OFFICIAL 2019 Chiefs Training Camp Thread***
RealSNR 02:58 PM 07-23-2019
Tweets from https://twitter.com/RMSWeather/lists/chiefs

In the meantime, this gem from Andy Reid's press conference today:

Andy Reid was asked if he did anything fun or exotic this offseason: “I attacked a couple Chile rellenos.”

— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) July 23, 2019

[Reply]
Marcellus 10:21 AM 08-04-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I've seen several people weigh in on Ragland and universally they have been impressed by his athleticism and aggressiveness this season. By all accounts he looks very good in camp and if we're speaking exclusively on merit, he'll have made the team.

And by the same token, Speaks has looked lethargic and caught in between. From what I've read/heard, his draft status is the only reason he'll make the team.

Great example of why this is all so confusing, I have read several reports that stated Speaks looks much improved and comfortable in this role and i have heard nothing on Ragland.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:23 AM 08-04-2019
Kemp and Hardman both looked great at WR today feim what I saw.
[Reply]
FAX 10:25 AM 08-04-2019
I have no inside information whatsoever. Just a boatload of bias I use in lieu of actual knowledge. And it's served me well.

Let's consider the possibility that Speaks knows he's making the team and is saving his energy for a long, extended season, whereas Ragland is fighting for more snaps knowing that (even if he makes the cut) he will probably only be used on 1st downs anyway.

FAX THE OPTIMIST
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:41 AM 08-04-2019

Tremon Smith, who is making the transition from CB to RB, just showed off his sub 4.4 speed by bouncing a run to the outside and turning the corner for a TD.

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) August 4, 2019

[Reply]
In58men 10:44 AM 08-04-2019
Day is made!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:51 AM 08-04-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He just has such a long road, I don't know how he makes this team.

I've just seen a handful of clips and he's not a RB (obviously). How could you ever really hand him the football? Even someone like Duke Johnson or Theo Reddick, guys you know are primarily receiving threats, know how to run the football if you get them a lane.

You watch Smith and he's upright, surprisingly stiff for a fast guy and doesn't have any idea how to use his hips/feet to set up a run. He doesn't look like he runs behind his pads and all and he's gonna get KILLED a time or two. He obviously won't know how to block.

I think it's a silly experiment born of a desperate attempt to salvage a supremely fast asset that can't actually play CB. The natural switch would be to WR but they just have more WR depth than they know what to do with already.

This seems like a waste of time, IMO. But it ain't my time so we'll see...
[Reply]
staylor26 10:53 AM 08-04-2019
I've seen several people weigh in on Ragland and universally they have been impressed by his athleticism and aggressiveness this season. By all accounts he looks very good in camp and if we're speaking exclusively on merit, he'll have made the team.

And by the same token, Speaks has looked lethargic and caught in between. From what I've read/heard, his draft status is the only reason he'll make the team.
Speaks reportedly looked really good in 1 on 1s the last two practices before today.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:55 AM 08-04-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Kemp and Hardman both looked great at WR today feim what I saw.
Yep. Kemp had a great day it sounds like.

Figuring out who to keep at the bottom of this WR corps is going to be harder than the Queen of England's tits.

And in case you're wondering, yes, Ol' Lizzie has VERY hard tits.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:02 AM 08-04-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Speaks reportedly looked really good in 1 on 1s the last two practices before today.
Yeah but DJ is a petty person and once she decides she doesnt like a player said player can do no good.
[Reply]
Buckweath 11:26 AM 08-04-2019
He just has such a long road, I don't know how he makes this team.

I've just seen a handful of clips and he's not a RB (obviously). How could you ever really hand him the football? Even someone like Duke Johnson or Theo Reddick, guys you know are primarily receiving threats, know how to run the football if you get them a lane.

You watch Smith and he's upright, surprisingly stiff for a fast guy and doesn't have any idea how to use his hips/feet to set up a run. He doesn't look like he runs behind his pads and all and he's gonna get KILLED a time or two. He obviously won't know how to block.

I think it's a silly experiment born of a desperate attempt to salvage a supremely fast asset that can't actually play CB. The natural switch would be to WR but they just have more WR depth than they know what to do with already.

This seems like a waste of time, IMO. But it ain't my time so we'll see...
They are doing this right.

He was just not good at CB. I remember seeing him briefly play last year and he was lost.

He is a good kick returner and some of the traits that you need to be a good KR and good RB are similar, namely speed, vision, etc.

They are just making sure they leave no stone unturned. Smith has no future at CB.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:43 AM 08-04-2019

Tanoh Kpasasgnon is turning heads in camp, including Andy Reid’s. https://t.co/DgS99fyJYA

— Arrowhead Addict (@ArrowheadAddict) August 4, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:49 AM 08-04-2019
Hardman and Kemp has great days. Dieter your gone
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:01 PM 08-04-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Hardman and Kemp has great days. Dieter your gone
I wouldn't be so sure about that...

Patrick Mahomes had a long chat with Brett Veach on the field during the second-team live period. Have to think the reigning MVP has earned himself at least a little input on the team’s roster decisions. #Chiefs

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) August 4, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 12:04 PM 08-04-2019
I know there has been talk about speaks inside but I haven’t really seen much reported that he’s actually done it

All I’ve seen is that he’s on the 2nd team at DE
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:08 PM 08-04-2019
I think the Chiefs just want to see if Smith has a path ahead of him in playing RB. He's got a lot of competition on kick returns, but if he wins those spots, I think the Chiefs will be willing to stick with him as a pure special teamer with the intent of this being a "redshirt" season for him at RB much like they sometimes do for guys like LDT and McKenzie who aren't good enough to see the field but too talented to risk getting poached off the practice squad. Since Smith isn't PS eligible, I think that's gonna have to be the only way on. If he loses the kickoff job to another dude, you can probably count him gone.

This is also halfway kinda encouraging for him? Again, the expectations for him right now are practically zero from the coaching staff, so what little he has going in to make the switch is that much more valuable when the roster decisions have to be made

Solid set by Tremon Smith. He is still learning how to pass pro but better foundation than I expected to start with. #Chiefs

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) August 4, 2019

[Reply]
Page 153 of 270
« First < 53103143149150151152153 154155156157163203253 > Last »
Up