Is vrooom a sound or is it speed?

[Reply]
eDave 03:30 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Yea, nothing beats the sound of cams.
[Reply]
stevieray 06:19 PM 02-17-2021
I like cars & motorcycles that go vrooom.
just a lil' add on.
[Reply]
J Diddy 06:42 PM 02-17-2021
I like cars that go vrooom.
You can make it sound like a motorcycle if you have some baseball cards to put in the spokes.
[Reply]
F150 03:23 PM 02-17-2021
Nope, not for me. I guess its fine if you live in a city and want to be cool. But they are nowhere near close to making one that will pull a 24 foot gooseneck, eqip with a hay hauler, 4wd one ton

City people and yuppies good for them
[Reply]
prhom 04:41 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by F150:
Nope, not for me. I guess its fine if you live in a city and want to be cool. But they are nowhere near close to making one that will pull a 24 foot gooseneck, eqip with a hay hauler, 4wd one ton

City people and yuppies good for them
Electric drive motors would offer better towing performance, but the range and battery capacity needed to make it work isn’t there. It would be interesting to see a hybrid approach where you could effectively add on a gen set module if you needed extra range beyond what your battery could provide. I agree they aren’t that close yet so I’ll be happy with my Cummins until they get there.
[Reply]
banyon 03:32 PM 02-17-2021
I own a Prius and an F250, so basically opposite vehicles.
[Reply]
MagicHef 05:14 PM 02-17-2021
Originally Posted by banyon:
I own a Prius and an F250, so basically opposite vehicles.
There's not much of a reason to own multiple cars that do the same thing, IMO.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:07 PM 02-17-2021
There is no reason to expect an ICE motor to be more reliable than an electric motor.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:21 PM 02-17-2021
If I can get one bought equitably I’d like to have a semi. That would work pretty well on my sprayer trailer.

Pickups have a ways to go before they’re close but I wouldn’t mind one of those either.

For the wife’s car, I have no idea what she’d be up for.

Originally Posted by BWillie:
There is no reason to expect an ICE motor to be more reliable than an electric motor.
You realize there are a ton of other components besides the motors right?
[Reply]
candyman 05:14 PM 02-17-2021
No, I'd rather burn fossil fuels on my own rather than have someone else burn them for me.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:01 AM 02-18-2021
Originally Posted by candyman:
No, I'd rather burn fossil fuels on my own rather than have someone else burn them for me.
It is also interesting that nobody has brought up the strip mining atrocity that is going on to make the batteries.

It is kind of like Nike shoes I guess, not happening here. :-)

Around here, nobody even wants to own an electric golf cart due to the battery issues and time it takes to charge.
[Reply]
J Diddy 06:11 PM 02-17-2021
There's like 3 people at my work who have them. They freak me out.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:55 PM 02-17-2021
Need that range to increase and charging time to decrease to consider one.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:23 PM 02-17-2021
No. and No.

They'll likely never get to the price point where I would spend. At least not without having a bazillion miles. I'm more of a buy a car for 5k with below average miles, and drive it until it drops kind of guy. No idea what an electric car would cost; but I'm assuming waaaay more than I'd spend on a vehicle (gas or electric). and if I did lose my mind and drop 35K+ on a car, it would be on something cool.

not sure what the math would be to recover your cost by not having to buy gasoline. I would imagine it would take 20+ years or more.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 18
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up