ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 383
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Silock 04:00 PM 02-10-2012
Definitely a good trade!
[Reply]
O.city 04:12 PM 02-10-2012
Had a Boulevard Tank 7 the other night. It was really great.
[Reply]
KC native 11:20 PM 02-11-2012
Motherfuck yea. I've had a good beer week. My buddy snagged the last blvd bbq in fort worth and saved it andshared it with me (fucking bad ass) and now at gingerman and got blvd chocolate ale. Fuck yeaaaaaaaaa
[Reply]
Phobia 04:26 AM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by KC native:
Mother**** yea. I've had a good beer week. My buddy snagged the last blvd bbq in fort worth and saved it andshared it with me (****ing bad ass) and now at gingerman and got blvd chocolate ale. **** yeaaaaaaaaa
Lucky. I love the Gingerman. Miss it dearly.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:54 PM 02-12-2012
Has anyone tried the Kriek Lambic cherry? I bought it the other night.
[Reply]
Reaper16 11:57 PM 02-12-2012
Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini:
Has anyone tried the Kriek Lambic cherry? I bought it the other night.
Kriek (cherry lambic) is an entire style. Which specific Kreik did you purchase?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:04 AM 02-13-2012
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Kriek (cherry lambic) is an entire style. Which specific Kreik did you purchase?
Sorry I'm a n00b when it comes to beers. I just really started to dig these different kinds a few weeks ago my friend does home brew and is big into belgian beer.

It's this one:

[Reply]
Reaper16 08:09 AM 02-13-2012
Sorry I'm a n00b when it comes to beers. I just really started to dig these different kinds a few weeks ago my friend does home brew and is big into belgian beer.

It's this one:

oooh, I've never had that one before. Never even seen it in person, I don't think. Internet opinion suggests that it is too sweet to be a great Kriek, that it tastes like Lindeman's Kriek or St. Louis Kriek (instead of something traditional and world-class like Cantillon or Drie Fontienen).
[Reply]
Shag 03:57 PM 02-17-2012
Came across the Blvd Chocolate Ale on tap the other day, which I was surprised to see up here. it's pretty impressive how Blvd was able to present the chocolate flavor, but I'm not sold on it as a beer. It was interesting to try, but I'm not sure I could have put down much more than the 10oz goblet I had...
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:30 PM 02-17-2012
Boulevard is offering refunds on certain bottles of Chocolate Ale. The bottles I have are from one of those batches... I've heard some bottles are extremely bitter and undrinkable. The bottles I've tried are drinkable, just not very chocolatey.

http://www.boulevard.com/beers/choco...-announcement/

[Reply]
NewChief 05:13 PM 02-21-2012
Just bought a Saison D'Erpe-Mere for my last beer prior to Lent.
[Reply]
NewChief 05:49 PM 02-21-2012
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Just bought a Saison D'Erpe-Mere for my last beer prior to Lent.
This beer is fantastic. Similar sourness to the Bam Biere from Jolly Pumpkin, but so much better, imo. The Bam Biere is like a crude, gawdy imitation.
[Reply]
frankotank 01:32 PM 02-23-2012

It's this one:

in the scheme of things (and to each his own), for lambics...this one sucks IMO. try St Louis or Lindemans. also, although lamics ARE good just as they are, I find them much better mixed with a good wheat beer. I'll mix one BLVE Wheat with one Lamic. takes that super sugar sweetness away, you still get a blast of the flavor, and you get to enhoy 24 ounces of it instead of 12.
[Reply]
frankotank 01:35 PM 02-23-2012
although there isn't really a "try it before you die" beer in here....I thought some would find it interesting.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/y...-to-drink-now/

I was surprised Boddingtons Pub Ale isn't in here.
i was surprised PBR IS in here. (although I do down some PBR's from time to time - better than Bud Light!)

and once again...gotta say...if there's only one beer in heaven....it's gonna be BBQ.
[Reply]
NewChief 01:48 PM 02-23-2012
Originally Posted by frankotank:
although there isn't really a "try it before you die" beer in here....I thought some would find it interesting.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/y...-to-drink-now/

I was surprised Boddingtons Pub Ale isn't in here.
i was surprised PBR IS in here. (although I do down some PBR's from time to time - better than Bud Light!)

and once again...gotta say...if there's only one beer in heaven....it's gonna be BBQ.

No Avery or Schlafly=Fail.
[Reply]
Page 85 of 383
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Up