ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Democrats blast Ellen DeGeneres for acting like an adult
petegz28 06:43 PM 10-08-2019
“People were upset. They thought, ‘Why is a gay, Hollywood liberal sitting next to a conservative, Republican president,'” DeGeneres said. “Here’s the thing, I’m friends with George Bush. In fact, I’m friends with a lot of people who don’t share the same beliefs that I have. We’re all different, and I think that we’ve forgotten that that’s ok that we’re all different.”

https://www.wpri.com/dont-miss/im-fr...tter-backlash/

[Reply]
Iowanian 08:49 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
A lot of rightists would do the same thing if tucker Carlson was caught partying with Obama and calling him a friend. But this ellen Bush thing is a classic example of why I'm so disgusted with politics. Her comment was one of the most sensible I've seen in a long time and she's getting shredded for it.
It's the best example of "the tolerant left".....the people who want every personal wish of the alphabet people and crazy cat lady. They'll riot if some weirdo can't walk into a church service screaming about the parking cone in their ass, but throw shit on a person in a red hat.

There is some irony in the left targeting her.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:21 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
A lot of rightists would do the same thing if tucker Carlson was caught partying with Obama and calling him a friend. But this ellen Bush thing is a classic example of why I'm so disgusted with politics. Her comment was one of the most sensible I've seen in a long time and she's getting shredded for it.
Tucker Carlson is a conservative political pundit, not a talk show host. This wasn't Maddow.

False equivalence.

The purity policing on the left is MUCH worse than on the right. It's more like religious fundamentalism than political partisanship. Especially NOW because right wingers have noticed, and capitalized, on this ideological intolerance and opened up their forums to more people on the left. Polling and recent media studies reinforce this.

I read 3 articles this morning that explained how bigotry is good as long as you target the right people. Long almost unending diatribes that amounted to little more than a temper tantrum of 'you can only be friends with people WE APPROVE OF!!!!"

Ridiculous. This isn't a 'politics' issue. It's a bigotry issue. The radical left SJW types act like Scientologists and Ellen just became an SP by befriending someone outside of their cult. It's ****ing weird. Why do weak people insist on replacing religion with another dogmatic ideology? That's the PROBLEM with religion.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:26 AM 10-09-2019
It's why Liberals and Progressives are sick people.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:34 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
It's why Liberals and Progressives are sick people.
Speaking of bigotry...

Ellen is a liberal.

This comment makes no sense. Liberals are targeted by progressives almost as much as conservatives.

I still think Ellen will cave, apologize, and then make a big long speech about why GWB is a terrible person.

And don't get me started on GWB. I think his presidency did irreparable damage to the US economy. It would have collapsed already if it wasn't so damn big.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 11:23 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
“People were upset. They thought, ‘Why is a gay, Hollywood liberal sitting next to a conservative, Republican president,'” DeGeneres said. “Here’s the thing, I’m friends with George Bush. In fact, I’m friends with a lot of people who don’t share the same beliefs that I have. We’re all different, and I think that we’ve forgotten that that’s ok that we’re all different.”

https://www.wpri.com/dont-miss/im-fr...tter-backlash/

Who are the Democrats "blasting" her, and what, exactly, are the blasts? There is literally no substance in the link. Not a single name or quote.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 11:33 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Who are the Democrats "blasting" her, and what, exactly, are the blasts? There is literally no substance in the link. Not a single name or quote.
It's not 'democrats'. It's social justice warriors on twitter and in the media.

Because that's who it ALWAYS is. The loud vocal minority that democrats pander to that keep costing them elections. I still think distancing themselves from these hyper moralizing bitches would help them immensely.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:36 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Why do weak people insist on replacing religion with another dogmatic ideology? That's the PROBLEM with religion.
Because it gives them an identity.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:10 PM 10-09-2019
Bush is very anti-political now.

Lefties cant get past what happened in 2000. Big surprise.
[Reply]
Sannyasi 08:28 PM 10-09-2019
I guess I'll be one of those people... I don't give a fuck who Ellen sits next to, that sounds like some petty high school shit.

But its weird to me how quick people were to forgive Bush. He and the people around him pulled some truly heinous shit during his two terms. He should be enjoying a Nixon-like post presidency. Instead people love him now... Its pathetic. So anyone who wants to take this opportunity to remind everyone of some of the shit that Bush and his cohorts got up to is fine with me!
[Reply]
Fish 09:22 PM 10-09-2019
Yeah, I'm not really sure why you're claiming "Democrats" blast Ellen in the OP, when the article you reference never once uses the word. Regardless, I thought this was a good message:

Ellen DeGeneres with a message everybody needs to hear from r/HumansBeingBros

[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 09:15 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Ellen showing the left what not being a bigot actually looks like.
Not cozying up to powerful people who lied us into wars which killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people = leftist bigotry!

Honestly, if you replaced Cheney or Kissinger with Bush here I think it would be much more clear to people what the 'left' is objecting to. This isn't about political beliefs or differences in ideology. It's about what Bush actually did in office where was responsible for heinous policies like legalizing torture to his war crimes abroad. You guys can disagree with it, but at least understand what people find objectionable about Ellen's actions here.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 09:35 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Thanks oaklandhater jr.
The world trade center came down during his reign - Donald John Trump - You can't deny this FACT
[Reply]
vailpass 01:31 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Not cozying up to powerful people who lied us into wars which killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people = leftist bigotry!

Honestly, if you replaced Cheney or Kissinger with Bush here I think it would be much more clear to people what the 'left' is objecting to. This isn't about political beliefs or differences in ideology. It's about what Bush actually did in office where was responsible for heinous policies like legalizing torture to his war crimes abroad. You guys can disagree with it, but at least understand what people find objectionable about Ellen's actions here.
:-)

Extra fragile is no way to get through life kid.
[Reply]
luv 01:47 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Which Democrats blasted her? It didn't say in the article.
I missed that, too. I think he meant to say Progressives.

Originally Posted by scho63:
Moderate Democrats in the entertainment industry are starting to lose patience with all this PC bullshit from the left and the Twitter rage machine, especially the comedians.
As are normal moderate Democrats who aren't in the entertainment industry. Regardless of who you are, if you're not left enough, or right enough, you're basically an outcast.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 01:50 PM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-)

Extra fragile is no way to get through life kid.
I could totally see you hanging out with war criminals.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up