ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Democrats blast Ellen DeGeneres for acting like an adult
petegz28 06:43 PM 10-08-2019
“People were upset. They thought, ‘Why is a gay, Hollywood liberal sitting next to a conservative, Republican president,'” DeGeneres said. “Here’s the thing, I’m friends with George Bush. In fact, I’m friends with a lot of people who don’t share the same beliefs that I have. We’re all different, and I think that we’ve forgotten that that’s ok that we’re all different.”

https://www.wpri.com/dont-miss/im-fr...tter-backlash/

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:28 PM 10-08-2019
Which Democrats blasted her? It didn't say in the article.
[Reply]
Inspector 10:44 PM 10-08-2019
My son met her when he was on her show. Said she was really nice and down to earth. Didn't come across like a snob or stuck up star - just a regular person. I mean, like a regular guy.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:44 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Inspector:
My son met her when he was on her show. Said she was really nice and down to earth. Didn't come across like a snob or stuck up star - just a regular person. I mean, like a regular guy.
I'm not all that scandalized by it, and it kind of goes with the territory, but Greg Fitzsimmons is/was on her writing staff and on his podcast he has had numerous co-workers who kind of hint around and intimate what a beast she can be to work for.

Not that they go on at length about it, or even really speak about it directly. More in the line of 'hey remember that time at . . . work . . . when. . . oh, yeah. Should we even get into that?' beating around the bush. You kind of piece it together when those same people go on other shows and get drawn out a bit more about work process on the show.

It's nothing to crucify her for, . . . pressuring last minute rewrites that ends up makes the comedy worse. Taking credit for writer's lines and bits and blaming them for failed lines and bits. Crazy notions 'handed down' that everyone scrambled to figure out how to accommodate. . . .Generally being aloof and detached. Nothing that would surprise you in a top-line entertainer, but not totally in keeping with the image of a down-to-earth regular person.

I'm sure the ultimate truth is more nuanced and complicated, again as would be expected for someone in that position.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:35 AM 10-09-2019
Ellen, dressing like a little boy makes you look silly.
[Reply]
ChiTown 05:46 AM 10-09-2019
This whole thing is so sad to me. Ellen and George are just doing things normal people do when they are not weaponizing politics. Ie. they are being adults
[Reply]
morphius 05:58 AM 10-09-2019
It simply contradicts their racist/homophobic/misogynistic line the democrats use against every republican politician, and they can't allow that...
[Reply]
VAChief 06:12 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by morphius:
It simply contradicts their racist/homophobic/misogynistic line the democrats use against every republican politician, and they can't allow that...
I didn't agree with Bush on most anything, but I didn't think he was a bad person, and I could have sat down with him without reviling him. It was stupid for those to froth about Ellen sitting next to him.

Your generalization for those on different sides of the aisle is not helpful discourse either.
[Reply]
VAChief 06:14 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Ellen, dressing like a little boy makes you look silly.
What's wrong with a comedian being silly? By the way...pot meet kettle.
[Reply]
scho63 06:45 AM 10-09-2019
Moderate Democrats in the entertainment industry are starting to lose patience with all this PC bullshit from the left and the Twitter rage machine, especially the comedians.
[Reply]
scho63 06:46 AM 10-09-2019
I think Ellen is great: funny ass comedian, wonderful human being and seems like a generally nice person.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:54 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
The world we live in...........
And the nasty little monsters the democraps have created that constantly try to fuck it up.
[Reply]
srvy 07:25 AM 10-09-2019
They probably make perfect dance partners.

Make it a threesome?

[Reply]
morphius 07:28 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by VAChief:
I didn't agree with Bush on most anything, but I didn't think he was a bad person, and I could have sat down with him without reviling him. It was stupid for those to froth about Ellen sitting next to him.

Your generalization for those on different sides of the aisle is not helpful discourse either.
I guess I should have been more specific, the Democrat Leadership and not democrats in general.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:59 AM 10-09-2019
Ellen showing the left what not being a bigot actually looks like.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:36 AM 10-09-2019
A lot of rightists would do the same thing if tucker Carlson was caught partying with Obama and calling him a friend. But this ellen Bush thing is a classic example of why I'm so disgusted with politics. Her comment was one of the most sensible I've seen in a long time and she's getting shredded for it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up