ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Mueller was pursuing FBI director job
Marcellus 06:13 PM 10-08-2019
:-) speaking of lies, look who just got caught lying and who was telling the truth.

Poor Donger.

Originally Posted by :
Mueller was pursuing FBI director job when he met with Trump in 2017, administration officials say.

EXCLUSIVE – Multiple administration officials tell Fox News that when Robert Mueller met with President Trump in May of 2017, Mueller was indeed pursuing the open post as the director of the FBI – something the former Russia probe special counsel denied under oath during congressional testimony this summer.

These officials also told Fox News government documents showed Mueller was pursuing the job as a candidate himself.

It came as emails released this month through a Freedom of Information Act request by the conservative group Judicial Watch seemed to indicate Mueller knew there was a real possibility he could be named special counsel if he wasn’t chosen as the next FBI director.

“The boss and his staff do not know about our discussions,” then-Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein said in an email to Mueller on May 12, 2017. Rosenstein’s boss was then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who had recused himself from the Russia probe, meaning the president would not have known either.

A source close to Rosenstein confirmed to Fox News that he had confidential conversations with Mueller about whether he would be willing to serve in the event he needed to appoint a special counsel. These conversations began on May 12, 2017, prior to Mueller's meeting with the president on May 16, 2017, the source acknowledged.

At the time of the now-famous May 16, 2017 meeting, James Comey had been fired as FBI director just days before and -- unbeknownst to the president -- Mueller would end up being named special counsel the very next day to oversee the Trump-Russia probe.

The president has repeatedly claimed that Mueller – who served as FBI director under Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama – met with him about returning to lead the Justice Department. The president has pointed to this to argue it was a conflict for Mueller to become special counsel, saying he opted against hiring Mueller as FBI director.

But Mueller, in his July congressional testimony, denied the claim, saying he believed he was giving “input” to the president about the position.

“My understanding was I was not applying for the job,” Mueller said on July 24. “I was asked to give my input on what it would take to do the job.”

John Dowd, who served as the president’s attorney during the probe, ripped Mueller for meeting with Trump, calling it the “most dishonorable conduct I have ever witnessed.” He added, “Capt. Robert Mueller, USMC, sits in front of his commander-in-chief being interviewed for FBI director knowing he is going to investigate the president and never says a word.”

The president himself has claimed there were “numerous witnesses” to the meeting.

"It has been reported that Robert Mueller is saying that he did not apply and interview for the job of FBI Director (and get turned down) the day before he was wrongfully appointed Special Counsel" Trump tweeted the day of Mueller’s Capitol Hill testimony. "Hope he doesn't say that under oath in that we have numerous witnesses to the interview, including the Vice President of the United States!"

Mueller did not immediately return a request for comment from Fox News on Tuesday.

It was announced earlier this month that Mueller rejoined the WilmerHale law firm, after concluding his work as special counsel.

In April, Mueller’s team released a report about their findings, indicating they did not find evidence of coordination between the 2016 Trump campaign and Russia while declining to reach a conclusion on whether the president's conduct during the probe amounted to obstruction.

[Reply]
cosmo20002 09:29 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by BanHam:
Mueller interviewing for the FBI Director position was very well reported -

- NPR provided another detailed report.

> The Trump White House had been considering Robert Mueller as a top candidate to lead the FBI before the deputy U.S. attorney general changed course and tapped Mueller to serve as special counsel investigating Russian interference in last year's election, two sources familiar with the process told NPR.

Mueller had gone so far as to meet with Justice Department leaders and White House officials about the FBI job, which opened after President Trump fired Director James Comey on May 9.

https://www.npr.org/2017/06/09/53228...ntent=20170609
The article in the OP says he "interviewed" during the March 16 meeting, which was after speaking with Rosenstein about being special counsel.
Your article doesn't even have that timeline. Looks like Trump's "officials" can't get their story straight.
[Reply]
redshirt32 09:43 PM 10-08-2019
Mueller should be jailed for not reporting the crimes of Obama/DNC/DOJ/CIA/Clinton/Biden.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:44 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by redshirt32:
Mueller should be jailed for not reporting the crimes of Obama/DNC/DOJ/CIA/Clinton/Biden.
Jailed? Fuck that, he should be dealt with much more harshly than that.
[Reply]
redshirt32 09:46 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Jailed? **** that, he should be dealt with much more harshly than that.
Hung from the highest tree?
[Reply]
BanHam 09:48 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
The article in the OP says he "interviewed" during the March 16 meeting, which was after speaking with Rosenstein about being special counsel.
Your article doesn't even have that timeline. Looks like Trump's "officials" can't get their story straight.

CNN, Associated Press, and CBS (all the rest of the MSM) reported that Mueller interviewed for the FBI Director position prior to being appointed as Special Counsel:

Trump interviewed Robert Mueller for FBI director

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-i...-fbi-director/

> Not sure what your contention is on this issue.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:08 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by BanHam:
CNN, Associated Press, and CBS (all the rest of the MSM) reported that Mueller interviewed for the FBI Director position prior to being appointed as Special Counsel:

Trump interviewed Robert Mueller for FBI director

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-i...-fbi-director/

> Not sure what your contention is on this issue.
Now you're back to the March 16 meeting, which Trump people claim was an interview. Mueller says, "“My understanding was I was not applying for the job."

The article posted in the OP claims to have caught Mueller in a lie. My contention is that the article doesn't offer or even describe any evidence supporting that.
[Reply]
srvy 06:34 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Dumbass...CNN didn't report that he interviewed for the Director position. They reported that Trump officials claimed he did.
That Trump asked to speak with him is not at issue.
Spin it.

[Reply]
scho63 06:50 AM 10-09-2019
When you watched Mueller testify, he looked like the biggest boob and incompetent idiot in our government, not the head of the FBI.

The Russian's had to be laughing watching the fools who leads our agencies Like Comey and Mueller.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:05 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by :
“My understanding was I was not applying for the job,” Mueller said on July 24. “I was asked to give my input on what it would take to do the job.”
You have to give it Bob he sure knows how to lie perfectly. That comment is really truly laughable but when you use phrases like "My understanding was" you are then forced to prove his mindset.

It's obvious to anyone with a functioning brain he was interviewing for the job and he knew it, and in fact he even used the word interviewed in testimony. I mean giving your opinion on what it takes to do a job is what you do in a job interview is it not?

He just figured out a way to claim there was no conflict of interest, but it's an obvious lie. If what he said was true he would have said he was asked to help find a replacement etc..
[Reply]
Donger 08:23 AM 10-09-2019
I'm not seeing the lie.
[Reply]
Shaid 08:50 AM 10-09-2019
So, I don't think he was pursuing a job. I do think he decided to go to this "interview" to see if Trump said something stupid directly to him. I haven't heard anywhere that he was asking Trump any questions related to the Russia probe but Trump is a guy who is known for just offering up info so if he asked Mueller to come interview, seems like a good opportunity to see if Trump would make any questionable statements.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:19 AM 10-09-2019
It's funny how Democrats ignore facts when it suits them. Much like their opponents in that way.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:19 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
I'm not seeing the lie.
Most Donger post ever.
[Reply]
Donger 09:22 AM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Most Donger post ever.
Could you point it out?
[Reply]
banyon 09:30 AM 10-09-2019
As vague and rambling as Trump is in his meetings, I can see a reasonable person being confused about whether the conversation was a "job interview" as it's now being portrayed, or whether it was for "input on the position".
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up