ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Blizzard Bans Pro Esports player for supporting Hong Kong Protesters
Imon Yourside 03:38 PM 10-08-2019
Blizzard Entertainment has sent a professional esports player home from a tournament and handed him a 12-month ban after he voiced support for Hong Kong protesters during a postgame interview.

The esports player, whose real name is Chung Ng Wai but who is known as Blitzchung, will also be fined the full amount of the prize money he won from the Hearthstone Grandmasters regular-season tournament.

During the interview on the official Taiwanese Hearthstone stream, Blitzchung appeared wearing a gas mask, which he lifted up before shouting "Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our age!" in Chinese.
Blizzard appears to be arguing that Blitzchung's statements about the Hong Kong protests offended "a portion or group of the public" or damaged the company's image.

The situation highlights the thorny trade-off US-based companies face when operating in China, which offers a lucrative and massive market but a different set of rules companies must play by.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bliz...erview-2019-10
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:40 PM 10-08-2019
This is what the left has in store for us. They're basically enacting what is the start of a social credit score starting with the corporations that are in bed with the ChiComs who have bought up some of our entertainment industry.
[Reply]
Taco John 03:40 PM 10-08-2019
I think I like the new SC2 balance patch for 2020. It seems to have some serious potential. I definitely like the Zealot nerf.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:41 PM 10-08-2019
We need to revive fucking HUAC
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:41 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
I think I like the new SC2 balance patch for 2020. It seems to have some serious potential. I definitely like the Zealot nerf.
Are they adding a Make communism great again game mode?
[Reply]
Taco John 03:41 PM 10-08-2019
I think shield batteries are stupid though.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:43 PM 10-08-2019
What's next Civilization adding a We love the Dictator celebration parade?
[Reply]
Taco John 03:44 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Are they adding a Make communism great again game mode?
I have no problems with Blizzard saying "keep politics out of our entertainment platform." They stand to lose a lot of money pissing off China. Same with the NBA for that matter - most people don't necessarily know this, but more people watch NBA games in China than in America.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:44 PM 10-08-2019
I have no problems with Blizzard saying "keep politics out of our entertainment platform." They stand to lose a lot of money pissing off China. Same with the NBA for that matter - most people don't necessarily know this, but more people watch NBA games in China than in America.
Some patriot you are.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:45 PM 10-08-2019
Multinational corporations meh
[Reply]
Taco John 03:48 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Some patriot you are.
I don't expect gaming companies to save the world. I expect them to offer gaming innovations.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 04:07 PM 10-08-2019
It'd be nice if they could innovate AND not cozy up to genocidal dictatorships huh
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 04:12 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
It'd be nice if they could innovate AND not cozy up to genocidal dictatorships huh
Did the past 10 years of sucking up and selling out to China bother you or is this a recent issue?
[Reply]
oaklandhater 04:16 PM 10-08-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
This is what the left has in store for us. They're basically enacting what is the start of a social credit score starting with the corporations that are in bed with the ChiComs who have bought up some of our entertainment industry.
good thing our coward in chief stood up for hong kong...oh wait...

‘Hong Kong Thing’ Is ‘Very Tough,’ but Trump Doesn’t Criticize China

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/13/u...ong-trump.html
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:16 PM 10-08-2019
I don't expect gaming companies to save the world. I expect them to offer gaming innovations.
Blizzard is not a non-political company. Blizzard is the company that banned 18,000 gamers, and named them in a public registry for "toxicity", and changed a character from straight to homosexual in order to cater to the alphabet freaks.

Blizzard is a woke company that just shit down its leg and caved to the Chinese.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up