ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 44
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump Abandons Syria, Opening Door for Slaughter of Kurdish Allies
Cave Johnson 07:41 AM 10-07-2019
Slightly worse than being stiffed for your work as a contractor on the Trump Taj Mahal.

Money quotes:

“One U.S. commander who helped lead the anti-ISIS effort told Fox News the decision amounts to a propaganda victory for China and Russia, saying those countries can tell would-be U.S. partners that America will abandon them.

“No one will ever partner with us again,” the commander said.

As for Turkey's intentions with the Kurds, the senior military officer said: “They are going to slaughter those cats.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ll-out-war.amp
[Reply]
banyon 02:20 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I didn't read that tweet. So I don't get your point.
Attached: tweet.PNG (108.3 KB) 
[Reply]
banyon 02:21 PM 10-07-2019
I haven't really read all that you posted. I just skimmed by to get the gist of things. You seemed to post some pro support.
Yeah. well, I guess try again.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:32 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
What do you think? Is it about time or are we making a mistake? Personally, I agree with Cave Johnson and Lindsay Graham that we shouldn't be abandoning the Kurds.

Don’t say “we”. Your beer belly is lying on the couch doing nothing.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:34 PM 10-07-2019
Guess who was the first ME country to recognize Israel, folks?

It was Turkey. They are also an ally. What'ya do when both have been allies?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:35 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
What do you think? Is it about time or are we making a mistake? Personally, I agree with Cave Johnson and Lindsay Graham that we shouldn't be abandoning the Kurds.
Guess who was the first ME country to recognize Israel, folks?

It was Turkey. They are also an ally. What'ya do when both have been allies?
Neither is our ally.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:41 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Neither is our ally.
We are members of NATO as is Turkey. Doesn't that mean we have agreed to mutual defense? I think it does.
It at least makes them an ally, even if nominally so in recent years.

It is true that Turkey has shifted more toward Russia, but that was also due to our FP moves over there. The ME is complicated and full of factions, but especially the Syrian Civil War. We can't please everyone. The Kurds were fools to align with the US in Syria, trying to topple Assad in homes of winning some of their long ago past territory back. It won't be the first time we betrayed them. They were stupid to believe in corrupt players in our govt, especially when power changes hands every 4 or 8 years here.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 02:49 PM 10-07-2019

I was elected on getting out of these ridiculous endless wars, where our great Military functions as a policing operation to the benefit of people who don’t even like the USA. The two most unhappy countries at this move are Russia & China, because they love seeing us bogged.....

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 7, 2019

....down, watching over a quagmire, & spending big dollars to do so. When I took over, our Military was totally depleted. Now it is stronger than ever before. The endless and ridiculous wars are ENDING! We will be focused on the big picture, knowing we can always go back & BLAST!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 7, 2019

[Reply]
manchambo 03:11 PM 10-07-2019
This can’t possibly be a serious question.
He appointed Nikki Haley to be the ambassador to the UN. Why is he so bad at appointing people? Where did all the best people go?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 03:23 PM 10-07-2019
Don’t say “we”. Your beer belly is lying on the couch doing nothing.
Originally Posted by manchambo:
He appointed Nikki Haley to be the ambassador to the UN. Why is he so bad at appointing people? Where did all the best people go?
Your mom gave them Aids.. They're dead
[Reply]
Over Yonder 03:44 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Let's see...abandon one of the few allies we have in the middle east, on top of that...abandon an allie and leave them for Turkey to mow down.....give Putin a win on major propaganda he can wave around anytime anyone thinks of working with the USA.

The idiot is a knee jerk reaction away from any number of huge blunders that would be catastrophic for us. This is just a minor example of what this idiot is capable of.
For anybody keeping score at home, we only have 2 'real' allies in the Middle East, Israel and Jordan. The others are just leaches of the American taxpayer. You let the aid dry up, and everyone besides these 2 will disappear like a pizza at a Weight Watchers convention. And I suspect Jordan would disappear shortly thereafter as well. But that's just my speculation. I consider them serious allies at this current point in time.
[Reply]
Iowanian 03:49 PM 10-07-2019
The kurds have been good allies to us in the ME, and while I'm all for pulling back and letting these asshole countries murder each other, I'm not certain they deserve to be shit upon by Turkey.

Turkey is not our friend.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 04:36 PM 10-07-2019
Turkey is trump's friend though.

I mean, he's got a trump tower there!
[Reply]
banyon 04:46 PM 10-07-2019
Well here’s a subtle objection:
Attached: 11E67BE6-6E69-4053-B8A0-C549A488B9A9.jpg (57.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Over Yonder 04:50 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Turkey is trump's friend though.

I mean, he's got a trump tower there!
You have to separate money/investment and friendship. I have John Elway's rookie card. John Elway is not my friend nor do I wish he was :-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:52 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by manchambo:
Yeah, I’d change your arguement too if I were you. Well done.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 44
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up