ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 45
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump Abandons Syria, Opening Door for Slaughter of Kurdish Allies
Cave Johnson 07:41 AM 10-07-2019
Slightly worse than being stiffed for your work as a contractor on the Trump Taj Mahal.

Money quotes:

“One U.S. commander who helped lead the anti-ISIS effort told Fox News the decision amounts to a propaganda victory for China and Russia, saying those countries can tell would-be U.S. partners that America will abandon them.

“No one will ever partner with us again,” the commander said.

As for Turkey's intentions with the Kurds, the senior military officer said: “They are going to slaughter those cats.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ll-out-war.amp
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 12:57 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
:-) I hope that last isn't true.
https://www.militarytimes.com/flashp...afe-zone-deal/
[Reply]
banyon 01:12 PM 10-07-2019
Mitch McConnell: 'US withdrawal from Syria benefits Russia and Iran'
US senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, has joined the wave of Republicans and Democrats criticizing Trump’s decision to withdraw US troops from northern Syria, allowing Turkey to take control of the military operations there.

“A precipitous withdrawal of US forces from Syria would only benefit Russia, Iran, and the Assad regime,” McConnell, a Republican senator for Kentucky, said in a statement. “And it would increase the risk that ISIS and other terrorist groups regroup.”

Originally Posted by :
I urge the President to exercise American leadership to keep together our multinational coalition to defeat ISIS and prevent significant conflict between our NATO ally Turkey and our local Syrian counterterrorism partners. Major new conflict between Turkey and our partners in Syria would seriously risk damaging Turkey’s ties to the United States and causing greater isolation for Turkey on the world stage.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...latest-updates
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 01:15 PM 10-07-2019

We must always have the backs of our allies, if we expect them to have our back. The Kurds were instrumental in our successful fight against ISIS in Syria. Leaving them to die is a big mistake. #TurkeyIsNotOurFriend

— Nikki Haley (@NikkiHaley) October 7, 2019

true.
[Reply]
Donger 01:18 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
You're either stupid or full of shit.
I believe both.
Neither actually. It’s been shown many times.
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 01:24 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
"in my great, and unmatched wisdom" - Donald John Trump :-) WOW! This guy is truly one of the biggest egomaniacs of all-time. I'm not impressed
The cheaper the crook, the gaudier the patter.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 01:34 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
DEMS 2016: TRUMP IS CRAZY, HE IS GOING TO START WORLD WAR III, HE MAY EVEN DROP A NUCLEAR BOMB

DEMS 2019: TRUMP IS CRAZY PULLING OUR TROOPS OUT OF AFGHANISTAN AND SYRIA AND NOT BOMBING IRAN FOR THEIR ATTACK ON SAUDI ARABIA!

You ****ers can't make up your minds what you want! :-)

WAR: ORANGE MAN BAD

PEACE: ORANGE MAN BAD
This pretty much sums it up. Damn, I wish Trump would make a public announcement coming out in favor of oxygen! Please Mr. President, please :-)
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:43 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:

true.

Translation: “We must always have the backs of Jews”
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 01:46 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Translation: “We must always have the backs of Jews”

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:48 PM 10-07-2019
The Establishment knows that if we leave, we won't be able to get back in, which is what this is really about to the American hegemons.

I'm totally fine with it. Since the instruments of such type of wars abroad, become the instruments of tyranny at home.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:50 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by banyon:
So what.

This is what the American people want as polls show they are sick of these forever wars. Besides, Russia pretty much already defeated ISIS before Trump put us in there. ISIS was backed by Obama administration along with other jihadi-linked groups including AQ/AlNusra to foment conflict with atrocities in there to get rid of Assad.

The three of them have been allies even before we went in there. And our even going into the area, starting with Iraq has just made it better for them than it was before. Everything NeoCons and NeoLibs does not get the intended results they thought but made things worse. It's a shame people still listen to them.

Suddenly banyon supports such military intervention because it's the opposite of what Orange-Man-Bad is doing.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:53 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by banyon:
US senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, has joined the wave of Republicans and Democrats criticizing Trump’s decision to withdraw US troops from northern Syria, allowing Turkey to take control of the military operations there.

“A precipitous withdrawal of US forces from Syria would only benefit Russia, Iran, and the Assad regime,” McConnell, a Republican senator for Kentucky, said in a statement. “And it would increase the risk that ISIS and other terrorist groups regroup.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...latest-updates
No big deal. Cocaine Mitch doesn't have a spine anyhow.

Getting out of all these endless conflicts is probably one of the few things that's the right move by Trump.
[Reply]
stumppy 01:57 PM 10-07-2019
Let's see...abandon one of the few allies we have in the middle east, on top of that...abandon an allie and leave them for Turkey to mow down.....give Putin a win on major propaganda he can wave around anytime anyone thinks of working with the USA.

The idiot is a knee jerk reaction away from any number of huge blunders that would be catastrophic for us. This is just a minor example of what this idiot is capable of.
[Reply]
patteeu 01:58 PM 10-07-2019
Turkey apparently sees Trump as all blow and no go when it comes to his threats. I'd say they've assessed him accurately.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:58 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
No big deal. Cocaine Mitch doesn't have a spine anyhow.

Getting out of all these endless conflicts is probably one of the few things that's the right move by Trump.
It's good to see someone on the left who judges an issue based on the issue and not because it's an R or a D after their name.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:59 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Turkey apparently sees Trump as all blow and no go when it comes to his threats. I'd say they've assessed him accurately.
Turkey is a member of NATO. That makes them an ally. Not that I like their leader, for other reasons, but we can't risk them aligning with Russia either any more than we have with our actions to date.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 45
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up