ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 44
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump Abandons Syria, Opening Door for Slaughter of Kurdish Allies
Cave Johnson 07:41 AM 10-07-2019
Slightly worse than being stiffed for your work as a contractor on the Trump Taj Mahal.

Money quotes:

“One U.S. commander who helped lead the anti-ISIS effort told Fox News the decision amounts to a propaganda victory for China and Russia, saying those countries can tell would-be U.S. partners that America will abandon them.

“No one will ever partner with us again,” the commander said.

As for Turkey's intentions with the Kurds, the senior military officer said: “They are going to slaughter those cats.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ll-out-war.amp
[Reply]
Frazod 11:56 AM 10-07-2019
Hey Slave, if you're that butthurt about this, why not book a trip to Syria and join the fight? I'm sure the Kurds have some extra AKs lying around somewhere. You could even take Rodeopanties with you.

I'm sure you kids would rack up quite the body count in the name of... whatever your thought masters tell you to care about when you wake up in the morning.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:04 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
Swamp.
Not merely Swamp, but a Trotskyite popinjay on foreign policy.

Only thing bad about doing this move, now, is that Graham could turn on him on impeachment. Afterall, the one thing Trump ran on that the Establishment Globalists NeoCons and NeoLibs don't want, is getting out of these endless wars. I suspect, despite all their superficial complaints, this is the real reason they want to take out Trump. That includes detente with Russia—hence the blaming the election on Russians.
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 12:22 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
says the guy that's mad at the thought of not fighting endless wars because that's what the TV told you to think.
I'm pro-not leaving our Kurdish allies out to dry.

Also, what's the point of spending $685B on defense if you're not going to use it a little.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:33 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
I'm pro-not leaving our Kurdish allies out to dry.

Also, what's the point of spending $685B on defense if you're not going to use it a little.
The point of investing in defense is to reduce the need to use it.
[Reply]
banyon 12:34 PM 10-07-2019
I waded into this thread looking for some interesting discussion on the geopolitics of this only to see its mired down in another “libshits no you’re a retart” morass.
[Reply]
manchambo 12:34 PM 10-07-2019
Are Lindsey Graham and Nikki Haley part of the swamp? Because they are blasting Trump for this.

I am very puzzled by the reasoning behind this. There has been reporting that the Pentagon was surprised. What leads Trump to do this now?
[Reply]
banyon 12:36 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
The point of investing in defense is to reduce the need to use it.
Where are you at on this one pat?

This guy seemed pretty upset about it:
Attached: D07DECE1-DA75-427F-9487-FBE4E07BAC37.jpg (49.3 KB) 
[Reply]
patteeu 12:36 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by banyon:
I waded into this thread looking for some interesting discussion on the geopolitics of this only to see its mired down in another “libshits no you’re a retart” morass.
What do you think? Is it about time or are we making a mistake? Personally, I agree with Cave Johnson and Lindsay Graham that we shouldn't be abandoning the Kurds.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:38 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by banyon:
Where are you at on this one pat?

This guy seemed pretty upset about it:
I don't agree with the decision, but I don't think this is a knee jerk policy either. Trump has been trying to do this from the beginning and it's only because so many of his advisors opposed it that he's been stymied until now.

Other than what I took as an implication that Trump was doing this impulsively, I agree with the McGurk tweet you posted too. I'm not a fan of Trump foreign policy unbridled.
[Reply]
banyon 12:40 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
What do you think? Is it about time or are we making a mistake? Personally, I agree with Cave Johnson and Lindsay Graham that we shouldn't be abandoning the Kurds.
Seems like it happened pretty abruptly. I think you know I’m usually pretty reluctant to deploy forces unless I think it’s essential for American national security. So I’d probably like us not to be in Syria either.

But if we made promises to these allies, I don’t know that we shouldn’t have given them some preparation time. Seems like that wasn’t done here.

I’m even reading that we convinced them to take away some of their defenses on the norther border with turkey to redeploy because the defenses weren’t needed.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:41 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by manchambo:
Are Lindsey Graham and Nikki Haley part of the swamp? Because they are blasting Trump for this.

I am very puzzled by the reasoning behind this. There has been reporting that the Pentagon was surprised. What leads Trump to do this now?
I guess he thought 10 months since the last time he ordered this was enough time to get the issues ironed out.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:41 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
What do you think? Is it about time or are we making a mistake? Personally, I agree with Cave Johnson and Lindsay Graham that we shouldn't be abandoning the Kurds.
We have already fucked them over multiple times, all it would do is create another enemy in that shithole part of the world.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:45 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by manchambo:
Are Lindsey Graham and Nikki Haley part of the swamp?
This can’t possibly be a serious question.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:46 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by banyon:
Seems like it happened pretty abruptly. I think you know I’m usually pretty reluctant to deploy forces unless I think it’s essential for American national security. So I’d probably like us not to be in Syria either.

But if we made promises to these allies, I don’t know that we shouldn’t have given them some preparation time. Seems like that wasn’t done here.

I’m even reading that we convinced them to take away some of their defenses on the norther border with turkey to redeploy because the defenses weren’t needed.
:-) I hope that last isn't true.

Originally Posted by Marcellus:
We have already fucked them over multiple times, all it would do is create another enemy in that shithole part of the world.
I agree.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:53 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by manchambo:
Are Lindsey Graham and Nikki Haley part of the swamp? Because they are blasting Trump for this.

I am very puzzled by the reasoning behind this. There has been reporting that the Pentagon was surprised. What leads Trump to do this now?
Ummmmm ya? and?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 44
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up