ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 45
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump Abandons Syria, Opening Door for Slaughter of Kurdish Allies
Cave Johnson 07:41 AM 10-07-2019
Slightly worse than being stiffed for your work as a contractor on the Trump Taj Mahal.

Money quotes:

“One U.S. commander who helped lead the anti-ISIS effort told Fox News the decision amounts to a propaganda victory for China and Russia, saying those countries can tell would-be U.S. partners that America will abandon them.

“No one will ever partner with us again,” the commander said.

As for Turkey's intentions with the Kurds, the senior military officer said: “They are going to slaughter those cats.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...ll-out-war.amp
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 04:56 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by banyon:
Well here’s a subtle objection:
Lol that Trump ever had the Mandate of Heaven to begin with.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 05:01 PM 10-07-2019
That's a head scratcher? Not that I'm a Pat Robertson fan or anything, but I am curious how he reads/predicts Trump going to hell over ANY Syria decision, pulling out or staying in? :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 05:06 PM 10-07-2019
Losing the Mandate of Heaven could be a game changer. Trump better think things through here.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 05:21 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Turkey is trump's friend though.

I mean, he's got a trump tower there!
That is certainly a side effect of having a businessman as a president.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 05:21 PM 10-07-2019
LOL
we'll need stevieray to confirm
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:23 PM 10-07-2019
Tough shit for Pat. Trump was elected because most people were tired of us being over there.

If people knew the truth about the Kurds, they'd know they're not really that great an ally.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:23 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
That's a head scratcher? Not that I'm a Pat Robertson fan or anything, but I am curious how he reads/predicts Trump going to hell over ANY Syria decision, pulling out or staying in? :-)
I'm guessing God spoke to him.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:25 PM 10-07-2019
LOLZ just take the opposite of what he says and you're usually correct.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:25 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Losing the Mandate of Heaven could be a game changer. Trump better think things through here.
He has. He's thinking of the election, because he knows he promised this. Washington DC isn't with the people on this. If Obama got tons of calls begging to not put our troops there, then you can bet Trump has received them to get them out. I know I was one of them. I said I would not vote again for him because of that an Afghanistan and Iran too.

You guys act like we're pulling out of Syria altogether when it's only in the NE part.

Funny how all you interventionists like have keep terrorists for an ally. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:28 PM 10-07-2019
BTW folks it was Bolton who called off the talks with the Taliban in Afghanistan, and sabotaged the NK talks too. Last I checked, SA is considering a ceasefire in Yemen and talks, and Pakistan is mediating talks between the Saudis and Iran.

It's permanent Washington, out of touch with Americans, who want to keep these wars going. The NeoCons on this board, are also still out-of-touch with most Americans.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:32 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
The kurds have been good allies to us in the ME, and while I'm all for pulling back and letting these asshole countries murder each other, I'm not certain they deserve to be shit upon by Turkey.

Turkey is not our friend.
I agree but Coyote made a valid point, how long does the US keep pumping money into defending the Kurds? We are at 28 years and counting.

I mean it sucks, they have had it rough, but at some point you gotta get off the tit.

In before Prison Donger says "But Isreal!!".
[Reply]
vailpass 05:33 PM 10-07-2019

Separately, a U.S. official told Fox News the U.S. military no longer will allow Turkish flights in Syria along the border with coalition aircraft and no longer will share intelligence from drone feeds in the region with President Recep Tayyip Ergodan's forces.

This is good but Trump unilaterally deciding to withdraw troops from a coalition in a hot zone is not a good look. It will turn very bad if the Kurds get massacred.

Now is not the time for him to abandon the likes of McConnell and Graham.
[Reply]
patteeu 05:33 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
He has. He's thinking of the election, because he knows he promised this. Washington DC isn't with the people on this. If Obama got tons of calls begging to not put our troops there, then you can bet Trump has received them to get them out. I know I was one of them. I said I would not vote again for him because of that an Afghanistan and Iran too.

You guys act like we're pulling out of Syria altogether when it's only in the NE part.

Funny how all you interventionists like have keep terrorists for an ally. :-)
You mean as opposed to always siding with America’s enemies? I’ll stick with “my” allies over yours.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:34 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I agree but Coyote made a valid point, how long does the US keep pumping money into defending the Kurds? We are at 28 years and counting.

I mean it sucks, they have had it rough, but at some point you gotta get off the tit.

Agreed. I'd like to see him not do it without support of his Hill base though.
[Reply]
patteeu 05:34 PM 10-07-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:

How much are we pumping? It’s probably a cost-effective bargain.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 45
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up