ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>In the end, Rudy will be a big hero...
Taco John 12:02 AM 10-03-2019

[Reply]
Iowanian 07:34 PM 10-03-2019
Can anyone look at schiffbrick and not know he's a kid tickler?

Most of the top dems have that vibe.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 07:39 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
LOL you poor stupid ****.

Think about what will happen if the House impeaches Trump. He rightfully knows the left has been trying to overturn an election. He will definitely burn the place down and a trial in the Senate will give him the venue to do it.

The left will finally pay the price for their partisan politics.
I was listening to Hannity, while cooking tonight, and he said Trump told him that he loves the fight, loves fighting the Democrats. The Republicans have never had a fighter like Trump.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:56 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
I was listening to Hannity, while cooking tonight, and he said Trump told him that he loves the fight, loves fighting the Democrats. The Republicans have never had a fighter like Trump.
There's a line lifetime politicians avoid crossing because they know it will probably bite their food ticket in the end. No one should ever underestimate what a non-politician NY businessman might do in the position he is to expose whatever he wants.
[Reply]
banyon 09:24 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
LOL you poor stupid ****.

Think about what will happen if the House impeaches Trump. He rightfully knows the left has been trying to overturn an election. He will definitely burn the place down and a trial in the Senate will give him the venue to do it.

The left will finally pay the price for their partisan politics.
Not sure the Republicans should be so eager for that. Could Trump survive the trial with Republicans in lockstep? Sure. But I think the Dems have the balance of power in the Senate in mind. Put Senators like Susan Collins, Martha Mcsally, Cory Gardner on the record in moderate states as having to defend this.

I donít trust Pelosi as a person of integrity, so I think thatís her political calculus. There are some Democrats who probably see it as a matter of principle and the rule of law (as do a couple of republicans), but I think thatís why Pelosi finally relented to the people who had been pressuring her to impeach for over a year.
[Reply]
Taco John 10:01 PM 10-03-2019
If we go to a Senate trial, any Republican who is playing defense is going to be drawn and quartered. When this goes to trial, this isn't going to be about defense: it's going to be ALL OFFENSE. There will be no defense. There's nothing to defend. All defense of Trump will be completely ignored in favor of a full court press from all quarters. That's what Rudy, Barr, Pompeo and Durham have been up to.
[Reply]
banyon 10:05 PM 10-03-2019
They will be defending their vote in their home state is what I meant. I suspect you are right there won’t be anything resembling a fair and evenhanded trial.
[Reply]
Taco John 10:14 PM 10-03-2019
I don't think too many Republicans are worried about defending the most popular Republican president of our lifetimes to their voters. Not even in so-called "swing states."

Both sides are pushing all in right now, but only one side has a hand. Republicans are going for a slaughter here in order to take huge wins in both houses in November. They are going for supermajorities on both houses of congress. Right now, we're just seeing the opening act. Joe Biden is like a chapter one event. Trump and Republicans are aiming at capsizing the whole democrat boat and sinking them, their media, and their intelligence arm to the bottom of the ocean.
[Reply]
banyon 10:30 PM 10-03-2019
House Republicans in safe gerrymandered districts? No, they can rant and hyperventilate to their hearts content like Jim Jordan if they want. Senators in statewide races? Not so much. All you have to do is check audio the last week on some of the people I mentioned. They aren’t taking bold stands in favor of trump. They’re waffling and hedging their bets. And why? Because they’re not stupid and they have their own internal polling.

Here’s Collins this week:

Originally Posted by :
Maine Sen. Susan Collins says she won't comment on a call for a vote on an impeachment inquiry about President Donald Trump, while other members of the state's delegation signaled support for the move.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.wbu...chment-inquiry

Won’t comment. Does that seem like she’s ready to unabashedly defend trump to the hilt like you imagine? There’s going to be a lot more no comments from this group as we go. Doug Jones in AL on the Dem side too is in this predicament.
[Reply]
Taco John 10:33 PM 10-03-2019
In the old paradigm, sure. Once they impeach and go to trial, forget about everything you know about politics. The whole paradigm is about to hit a reset.
[Reply]
neech 10:37 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Can anyone look at schiffbrick and not know he's a kid tickler?

Most of the top dems have that vibe.
Those Democrats are a bunch of perverts if you ask me.
[Reply]
banyon 10:55 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:
In the old paradigm, sure. Once they impeach and go to trial, forget about everything you know about politics. The whole paradigm is about to hit a reset.
Well Trump certainly confounded the polling wisdom in 2016. But Iíd be willing to wager that the swing state senators stay as mute or ambivalent as they can if it comes to a trial. And Iíd also bet they arenít looking forward to it.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 11:59 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by banyon:
Well Trump certainly confounded the polling wisdom in 2016. But Iíd be willing to wager that the swing state senators stay as mute or ambivalent as they can if it comes to a trial. And Iíd also bet they arenít looking forward to it.
Those "swing" jokers already know they made a huge gaffe with Kavanaugh; they probably won't fall for this crap again.
[Reply]
Bump 12:34 AM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
You're a dumber **** than I realized whoeever's mult you are. :-)

Rudy's record in NYC is impeccable against the MOB, crime, cleaning up the city.

That post is the dumbest and most uninformed you could possibly complete. Learn facts.
Ya, he did pretty good and there is reason to believe that Rudy is a patriot and I think he's going to be instrumental in "what maybe be coming"
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 12:53 AM 10-04-2019
Not sure the Republicans should be so eager for that. Could Trump survive the trial with Republicans in lockstep? Sure. But I think the Dems have the balance of power in the Senate in mind. Put Senators like Susan Collins, Martha Mcsally, Cory Gardner on the record in moderate states as having to defend this.

I don’t trust Pelosi as a person of integrity, so I think that’s her political calculus. There are some Democrats who probably see it as a matter of principle and the rule of law (as do a couple of republicans), but I think that’s why Pelosi finally relented to the people who had been pressuring her to impeach for over a year.
If articles of impeachment are passed. The Senate has to act on them. However acting on them doesn't need to be a trial. They could vote to just dismiss the case outright. I could see the senate republicans doing this without prejudice if house republicans are shut out of the impeachment inquiry which culminates in the articles of impeachment.

Essentially the Senate can kick it right back to the House of representatives to have them do the inquiry all over again but with minority participation the second time around.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:13 AM 10-04-2019

I donít trust Pelosi as a person of integrity, so I think thatís her political calculus. There are some Democrats who probably see it as a matter of principle and the rule of law (as do a couple of republicans), but I think thatís why Pelosi finally relented to the people who had been pressuring her to impeach for over a year.
Pelosi and Schiff better make up something better than this if their goal is a conviction in the Senate.

IMO Democrats are making a bad miscalculation with how their antics are going to sit with the public.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up