ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 233 of 284
« First < 133183223229230231232233 234235236237243283 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Pelosi to open impeachment inquiry
RodeoPants2 03:30 PM 09-24-2019

BREAKING: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announces a formal impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump. "No one is above the law."https://t.co/E9SxlTN4iT

— CNN (@CNN) September 24, 2019

It's go time.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:17 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
Who died and made YOU, of all people, God? :-)
the truth a double edged sword & is what cuts you kotter, not me.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:19 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
Why did you do this?

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=3453
pretty obvious, did you have a "pet" name for people who supported Obama?
[Reply]
Donger 09:21 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
pretty obvious, did you have a "pet" name for people who supported Obama?
No.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:44 PM 10-09-2019
Holy cripes, you must be a firth of Jim Beam in, dude....that is about as looney as it gets.... :-)

You refuse to acknowledge Trump's pathological lies, yet want to call others out...and for what it is worth, when they are sure they have a majority, they will vote alright. And it appears it MAY be sooner than later...."Protecting the executive branch?" Again, you clearly do NOT understand the case law on this....read US vs. Nixon. You need to, if you wish to avoid looking like an idiot. "only adult" in the room? Surely you didn't type that with a straight face....the dude is a Toddler...my toddler nieces and nephews are more mature.....holy crap!

:-)
^ Doesn't understand the separation of powers in our government and teaches children.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 10:06 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
^ Doesn't understand the separation of powers in our government and teaches children.
Sure I do...but you clearly do NOT understand impeachment as outlined in Article I; "the House has SOLE power of impeachment"....Period...

You might have passed "Civics," but clearly slept through Government/Constitutional Law discussions and content...

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:15 PM 10-09-2019
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:

Fox News poll conflicts with other polls, especially in key states for Democrats need to win. Paul Ryan wants Fox to dump Trump and he is on their board. They also predicted Hillary would win in some of the polls I saw and by quite a lot too. They've also hidden in the past, poll numbers of Ron Paul when his numbers started to rise and more got to know him. They just simply removed his numbers altogether even when he was higher than some of the others who had lower numbers. Not the major contenders though.

When you have all major news except certain pundits on Fox, attacking Trump with false reports and lies you should be surprised even if true.

Not to be trusted. Especially virulent anti-Trumper like Kirstol — one of the chief liars and architects for the Iraq war.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:18 PM 10-09-2019
Public Opinion Strategies conducted an internal poll in key congressional districts for the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC), isolating 40 Republican-held House seats that the party intends to defend in 2020 and 55 Democrat-held seats that the GOP hopes to flip.

The poll – taken October 1-3, 2019 – found the majority of voters do no view Trump’s phone call with Zelensky as an impeachable offense.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...00&nlid=630318

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:44 PM 10-09-2019
Sure I do...but you clearly do NOT understand impeachment as outlined in Article I; "the House has SOLE power of impeachment"....Period...

You might have passed "Civics," but clearly slept through Government/Constitutional Law discussions and content...

That does not mean they shouldn't apply basic standards of due process as embodied in other amendments.

They may make the rules, but they are abandoning how it was done in the past for a more bi-partisan effort. The way they're doing it means it can be done to your guy next and it will.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 12:40 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
That does not mean they shouldn't apply basic standards of due process as embodied in other amendments.

They may make the rules, but they are abandoning how it was done in the past for a more bi-partisan effort. The way they're doing it means it can be done to your guy next and it will.
Not only that, they are holding private hearings and then LEAKING excerpts to their friends in the media. This is just horrible, horrible stuff, I don't care what "side" you're on. Schiff gotta go.
[Reply]
tmax63 07:37 AM 10-10-2019
The dems have taken hyper-partisanship to an entirely new level by abandoning every principal of fairness and decency/civility and the art of lying to heights never seen or dreamed of by are founding fathers and they will kill the USA as it is known today. They have stated that that is their goal first publicly enunciated by BO. By attempting impeachment without giving the rights of cross-examination and subpoena power for the defense that a vote for the inquiry would provide and selectively leaking snippets of testimony and hiding the identity of witnesses to prevent scrutiny of their biases they have made a mockery of the justice that our nation has thrived on for over 200 years. You are witnessing the end days of our nation as a beacon of freedom, fairness and opportunity for the world.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 08:02 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Public Opinion Strategies conducted an internal poll in key congressional districts for the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC), isolating 40 Republican-held House seats that the party intends to defend in 2020 and 55 Democrat-held seats that the GOP hopes to flip.

The poll – taken October 1-3, 2019 – found the majority of voters do no view Trump’s phone call with Zelensky as an impeachable offense.

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000...00&nlid=630318
You are REALLY going to rebut this with paid for insider "polling" by McCarthy and his minions? One that involves 55 House districts, but only 800 registered voters? One in which questions focus narrowly on the Ukraine affair AlONE, and have a methodology (it appears) to create positive numbers the NRCC is hoping to manufacture?

Seriously...because if that is true, I don't know whether you just don't understand the polling process, OR whether you are purposefully trying to distract and deflect. Nevermind, I got this....it's both....

[Reply]
patteeu 08:11 AM 10-10-2019
You are REALLY going to rebut this with paid for insider "polling" by McCarthy and his minions? One that involves 55 House districts, but only 800 registered voters? One in which questions focus narrowly on the Ukraine affair AlONE, and have a methodology (it appears) to create positive numbers the NRCC is hoping to manufacture?

Seriously...because if that is true, I don't know whether you just don't understand the polling process, OR whether you are purposefully trying to distract and deflect. Nevermind, I got this....it's both....

Internal polls are often more accurate (or measure more important metrics) than public polls. We aren't seeing much reaction from Republicans lawmakers to those public polls you're so thrilled by.

You know about as much about polling as you know about complex legal issues or Ecudorian ettiquette.
[Reply]
banyon 08:18 AM 10-10-2019
Florida businessmen who helped Giuliani in Ukraine arrested on campaign finance charges
The two foreign-born men, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, were arrested late Wednesday

SHARE THIS —
Oct. 10, 2019, 9:50 AM ET
By Tom Winter and Allan Smith
Igor Fruman and Lev Parnas, two foreign-born donors who gave money to a political action committee supporting President Donald Trump, were arrested Wednesday night and face charges tied to campaign-finance violations, two law enforcement officials confirmed to NBC News.

The pair are expected to appear in federal court Thursday.

Fruman and Parnas worked with Rudy Giuliani, Trump's personal attorney, Giuliani has previously said, as part of his dealings in Ukraine that involved efforts to encourage the nation to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden.

The Wall Street Journal was first to report on the arrests.

The Trump campaign declined to comment to NBC News. Giuliani and John Dowd, an attorney for the two men, did not immediately respond to a request for comment from NBC News.

This is a breaking news story, please check back for updates.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1064606
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 08:25 AM 10-10-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Internal polls are often more accurate (or measure more important metrics) than public polls. We aren't seeing much reaction from Republicans lawmakers to those public polls you're so thrilled by...
Not when the sample of 800 RV is drawn from 55 Congressional districts....it's not. No reaction, publicly; they're beginning to react to react though, it's been seeping out despite their best attempts to conceal it.

BTW, I'm not thrilled; I'd definitely rather he twist in the wind, than somehow the Dems screw it up or he wiggles out. Impeached and NOT removed would be the cherry on the top, the historical Scarlet Letter and weakened for the general; impeached and removed (or resigned) could be win-win for the GOP though--especially if they are smart enough to replace him with anyone remotely respectable who would be likely to beat whoever emerges from the pathetic gaggle of Dems we have seen thus far.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:28 AM 10-10-2019
Not when the sample of 800 RV is drawn from 55 Congressional districts....it's not. No reaction, publicly; they're beginning to react to react though, it's been seeping out despite their best attempts to conceal it.

BTW, I'm not thrilled; I'd definitely rather he twist in the wind, than somehow the Dems screw it up or he wiggles out. Impeached would be the cherry on the top; impeached and NOT removed could be win-win for the GOP though--especially if they are smart enough to replace him with anyone remotely respectable who would be likely to beat whoever emerges from the pathetic gaggle of Dems we have seen thus far.
Show me the math.
[Reply]
Page 233 of 284
« First < 133183223229230231232233 234235236237243283 > Last »
Up