ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Democrats are ****ing sick!
Taco John 05:25 PM 03-21-2019

This is an advertisement. They want your kids. If you don't homeschool, what the fuck are you even doing? Your children are the target, and if you haven't figured that out yet, you're too fucking stupid to associate with. Unplug your kids from the web. pic.twitter.com/Pz8Ia8GJDK

— H3llBilly (@billy_h3ll) March 21, 2019


[Reply]
D2112 05:36 AM 03-24-2019
The op tweet has been deleted. What was it about?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:15 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by D2112:
The op tweet has been deleted. What was it about?
Remenber that 'FCKH8' [get it?] group that puts out videos of little kids voicing liberal rants with extra cursing?

They put out another one.

EDIT: It's still on youtube. And, it's apparently 4 years old already. So it's not new news.


[Reply]
D2112 06:59 AM 03-24-2019
Wow lunacy used to be in the minority. But it’s gaining momentum. I’m glad I’ll hopefully be dead by the time they’re running things.
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 07:53 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by :
The anti intellectual label fits just fine, actually. In fact it suits most of you perfectly. You are on the wrong side of the expert consensus on almost every single issue. Intellectually curious, fact driven, reality centered people have been driven out of the Republican party by the nuts and pushed to the fringes of political influence.
What? How many common democratic platform ideas can you name that are supported by facts and evidence?

We can start with policies like democratic socialism is superior, low corporate tax rates are bad, most differences in outcomes between groups are attributable to systematic racism,, the democrats are for the working middle class, illegal immigration helps the economy, higher diversity promotes more trust and community openness, women are paid less than men for the same work, renewable energy can be successfully implemented large scale anywhere, socialized medicine will improve healthcare for the average person, it's no longer possible to make it in america, there exists a prison industrial complex to incarcerate minorities for low level offenses like possession of weed, cops are bad and out to shoot black men, 90% of prison inmates are in for low level drug charges, white men are getting rich at the expense of everyone else in america, gender fluidity is grounded in science, and guns are useless against criminals for self defense, and assault rifles are the most problematic type of weapon. That's a start.

There's only 1 democrat that uses facts to a decent degree and that's Yang. Take away his UBI and he's pretty much a republican.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 09:17 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
What? How many common democratic platform ideas can you name that are supported by facts and evidence?

We can start with policies like democratic socialism is superior, low corporate tax rates are bad, most differences in outcomes between groups are attributable to systematic racism,, the democrats are for the working middle class, illegal immigration helps the economy, higher diversity promotes more trust and community openness, women are paid less than men for the same work, renewable energy can be successfully implemented large scale anywhere, socialized medicine will improve healthcare for the average person, it's no longer possible to make it in america, there exists a prison industrial complex to incarcerate minorities for low level offenses like possession of weed, cops are bad and out to shoot black men, 90% of prison inmates are in for low level drug charges, white men are getting rich at the expense of everyone else in america, gender fluidity is grounded in science, and guns are useless against criminals for self defense, and assault rifles are the most problematic type of weapon. That's a start.
I think it would be much more efficient to ask yourself which position have the Republicans taken that is in line with the expert consensus where the Democrats are on the opposite side of the issue.

Originally Posted by :
There's only 1 democrat that uses facts to a decent degree and that's Yang. Take away his UBI and he's pretty much a republican.
You either know very little about Andrew Yang or very little about modern day conservatism.
[Reply]
vailpass 09:26 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:



You either know very little about Andrew Yang or very little about modern day conservatism.
Acknowledged for accuracy.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 09:30 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
I am vaguely familiar with the people mentioned, but not in depth. But without knowing much about this let me go on record as calling BS somewhere. If this dudes overwhelming audience is right wing, then they didn't support UBI. Unless it was one of those weird days where the minority of this Rogans listeners, the left wingers I assume, were in the majority.
I said there was overwhelming support from his mostly right wing audience, not that his audience was overwhelming right wing.

Originally Posted by :
NOBODY who legitimately claims to be on the right supports UBI. It goes against the basic stance of the right. Universal Basic Income is anti-right by nature. It would be like a lefty fighting for an unborn child's rights, it just don't happen:-)
Rogan's audience skews younger, and a lot of them don't really have fully fleshed out ideologies. They find themselves on the right because of the anti SJW reactionary bullshit that YouTube and Twitter feeds them and they also think of themselves as free speech activists. There may be some additional overlap between right wing positions like on immigration for example but when it comes to things like UBI or healthcare I don't think they really care about anything except how it affects them directly.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 09:49 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
I said there was overwhelming support from his mostly right wing audience, not that his audience was overwhelming right wing.



Rogan's audience skews younger, and a lot of them don't really have fully fleshed out ideologies. They find themselves on the right because of the anti SJW reactionary bullshit that YouTube and Twitter feeds them and they also think of themselves as free speech activists. There may be some additional overlap between right wing positions like on immigration for example but when it comes to things like UBI or healthcare I don't think they really care about anything except how it affects them directly.
OK, so they are too young to know what they are or where they stand politically? And you call them right wing because they can see through the SJW BS? Most everybody with 2 or more brain cells can see that, it doesn't make them right wing. They may not care about things like UBI or healthcare, I don't really know, but THAT makes them either center or left. Right wing definitely DOES care about those issues.

You follow what I am trying to say?
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:51 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
The anti intellectual Trump base was once the fringe of your party, but now it appears to be mainstream. Or maybe you guys were always really dumb. I'm not sure.
Touting intellectual superiority on a message board? I love it. Keep doing you, bro.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:11 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Touting intellectual superiority on a message board? I love it. Keep doing you, bro.
Even better. . . . Intellectual superiority through acceptance of 'expert consensus.'
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 10:23 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by Over Yonder:
OK, so they are too young to know what they are or where they stand politically? And you call them right wing because they can see through the SJW BS? Most everybody with 2 or more brain cells can see that, it doesn't make them right wing. They may not care about things like UBI or healthcare, I don't really know, but THAT makes them either center or left. Right wing definitely DOES care about those issues.

You follow what I am trying to say?
You don't follow Rogan's show at all so you're just going to have to take my word for how his audience leans politically. Anyways, this is why I stressed elsewhere that it's important to understand left vs right in a global context. Other countries have conservative parties too, but they are also pro choice on the basis of anti government for example. It's a mistake to look at American conservatism as THE right wing ideology. I mean, conservatives in other countries think it's absurd how much the American right will spend on military excursions and war. They see that as the opposite of conservatism, and it's hard to argue against that.

For the record, I think UBI is far more antithetical to conservatism than UHC. And the efficiency of UHC normally draws in fiscal conservatives, however the issue has been so politicized that it's become harder to find common ground.

I would advise you to check out that JRE episode with Yang. It probably won't change your mind, but I think will give you some additional insight into why it's becoming an issue now. I also think Yang does a really good job of presenting the fiscal case for UBI, which is the biggest roadblock for anything getting passed. Listen to the first 20 minutes at least.

Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Touting intellectual superiority on a message board? I love it. Keep doing you, bro.
I said the right was anti-intellectual. I guess by default that is projecting some kind of intellectual superiority, but no more than anything else where people call out the intellectual / moral shortcomings of another person or group.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 10:27 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Even better. . . . Intellectual superiority through acceptance of 'expert consensus.'
It really shouldn't be that way, but when one side is dismissing expert consensus without evidence or sound reasoning what other conclusions can one draw?
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 10:48 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
I think it would be much more efficient to ask yourself which position have the Republicans taken that is in line with the expert consensus where the Democrats are on the opposite side of the issue.
Every single one of those issues I mentioned are issues in which democrats are on the opposite side of the facts.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 11:17 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
Every single one of those issues I mentioned are issues in which democrats are on the opposite side of the facts.
Much of what you wrote are caricatures of left wing beliefs mixed in with some that are actually accurate mainstream positions. A good handful of the others don't even qualify because there isn't really broad expert consensus.

But let's get to some substance. What are the top 3 positions of the ones you listed which show Democrats to be going against the experts? The ones which you feel best suited to make the case for, if you'd like.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 11:57 AM 03-24-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
You don't follow Rogan's show at all so you're just going to have to take my word for how his audience leans politically.
It is true I don't follow Rogan's show at all. But I think you are missing my point. It doesn't really matter about Rogan's audience. It could be the audience at a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert for all that matters. UBI is a left wing concept. These youth may or may not recognize that, but it is the stone cold truth.

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Anyways, this is why I stressed elsewhere that it's important to understand left vs right in a global context.
I guess I missed that. I'm not familiar with the rest of the worlds brand of conservatism. Nor do I care, but I will get into that here in a second.


Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
Other countries have conservative parties too, but they are also pro choice on the basis of anti government for example. It's a mistake to look at American conservatism as THE right wing ideology.
But I am an American. I live here. Why should I give 2 shits what other nations see as conservative? I'm only interested in the American version. Your example of pro choice being conservative in other countries is a prime example (if true, I have no idea). How can sucking the life out of your offspring, next generation if you will, be considered conservative? I want to perpetuate my way of life. How better to do that than to replicate myself and ensure the new me grows up and follows in my footsteps?

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
I mean, conservatives in other countries think it's absurd how much the American right will spend on military excursions and war. They see that as the opposite of conservatism, and it's hard to argue against that.
This would actually be an interesting conversation. And it's actually pretty damned easy to argue against that. I'm not saying it's my stance per se, but it is an easy argument:-)


Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
For the record, I think UBI is far more antithetical to conservatism than UHC. And the efficiency of UHC normally draws in fiscal conservatives, however the issue has been so politicized that it's become harder to find common ground.
Honestly, I wouldn't know how to argue your point here. They are both anti-conservative. It kinda feels like an argument on how the best way to die is. Drinking a gallon of anti-freeze or putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger will both get you where you want to go, but who is to say which one is best? :-)



Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
I would advise you to check out that JRE episode with Yang. It probably won't change your mind, but I think will give you some additional insight into why it's becoming an issue now. I also think Yang does a really good job of presenting the fiscal case for UBI, which is the biggest roadblock for anything getting passed. Listen to the first 20 minutes at least.
I don't know if I will have the time or patience to listen to 20+ minutes of that. But just in case I do, you got a quick link?
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up