Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Media Center>Black Panther
O.city 10:04 PM 02-18-2018
Really enjoyed it.

Would definitely see again
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:51 PM 02-18-2018
Loved the film. Solid performances all around.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:16 PM 02-18-2018
I thought it was quite excellent. Loved the story and the characters. Michael B Jordan should be a star. Great charisma and a great bad guy.

The only thing I would be negative about is it did the same old all out battle scene at the end. I get it, they have an audience to serve but that sort of climax is getting to feel played out.

I enjoyed the characters and story more than I did the battles. But the two battles for ‘King’ were great scenes.

Fun movie. Marvel Studios is just on a marvelous roll right now. What a machine
[Reply]
listopencil 11:40 PM 02-18-2018
Fucking armored rhinos, man. How do you not love armored rhinos? Saw the movie. Enjoyed it very much.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:56 AM 02-19-2018
Finally saw it last night. Thought it was a great movie.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:16 AM 02-19-2018
Saw it with the wife Sunday afternoon. Good flick, lots of fun and enjoyed it.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:41 AM 02-19-2018
Saw it last night and really liked it. Marvel has been killing it lately. Ragnorak and Black Panther were some of their best.

Super excited for Infinity Wars.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:28 PM 02-20-2018
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Saw it with the wife Sunday afternoon. Good flick, lots of fun and enjoyed it.
In the comics Panther is almost like a mix of Dr. Strange and Iron man. In that I mean there are mystical/magical elements to his character while being a very technologically advanced character.

Did they do a good job of showing both sides in the film?...
[Reply]
listopencil 04:22 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Rausch:
In the comics Panther is almost like a mix of Dr. Strange and Iron man. In that I mean there are mystical/magical elements to his character while being a very technologically advanced character.

Did they do a good job of showing both sides in the film?...
A little bit but not really, IMO. I definitely picked up an Iron Man-Spider Man vibe to his powers and a peacetime Captain America vibe from his persona. It was a pretty cool mix.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:07 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
A little bit but not really, IMO. I definitely picked up an Iron Man-Spider Man vibe to his powers and a peacetime Captain America vibe from his persona. It was a pretty cool mix.
Yeah, not a lot of mysticism besides one thing in the spoiler. He was more advanced Batman to me. A regular man without any inert powers with generations forward tech.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:03 AM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah, not a lot of mysticism besides one thing in the spoiler. He was more advanced Batman to me. A regular man without any inert powers with generations forward tech.
Spoiler!
He had to lean on his sister who is the smartest person in the MCU, so he's more James Bond IMO.
[Reply]
MrGiggity 11:53 AM 02-19-2018
Fifth highest (U.S.) Opening weekend box office numbers of all time. Damn. Only Marvel film higher is the original Avengers.
[Reply]
O.city 12:06 PM 02-19-2018
Jordan was awesome in his role. He’s really coming into his own.

Had hoped they could somehow keep him in the universe to use in infinity war
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:10 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Jordan was awesome in his role. He’s really coming into his own.

Had hoped they could somehow keep him in the universe to use in infinity war
He was superb. Killmonger was definitely one of the best villain roles in the entire MCU films. Its too bad he had to die, but i understand why they did it. It was a reason for T'Challa to change his stance on his countries isolationism. Loved the wrap around story and the way they tied it together at the end in Oakland.

That line by Killmonger too " My ancestors knew it was better to die by jumping off the boats than live a life in chains" was great. I cant believe that made it into a Disney 4 quadrant movie.
[Reply]
O.city 02:37 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
He was superb. Killmonger was definitely one of the best villain roles in the entire MCU films. Its too bad he had to die, but i understand why they did it. It was a reason for T'Challa to change his stance on his countries isolationism. Loved the wrap around story and the way they tied it together at the end in Oakland.

That line by Killmonger too " My ancestors knew it was better to die by jumping off the boats than live a life in chains" was great. I cant believe that made it into a Disney 4 quadrant movie.
Yeah, I had just thought it’d be cool to have him stay around, as they had to burn that actor and such in just one movie.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up