« First < 121819202122 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN Playoff Machine
RINGLEADER 10:58 PM 11-22-2020
It's back...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:43 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Why would the Titans be a terrible matchup for Buffalo? Their defense can't stop anyone right now. The Chiefs ran all over Buffalo, but Buffalo's run defense is otherwise middle of the pack. They match up with Derrick Henry about the same way KC would.

Remember, the Titans started the year 5-0. They've been a .500 team since. They're not a bad matchup for opponents.

I was wrong. Assuming Buffalo wins this week and Browns, Titans win Buffalo gets Indy.

But Tennessee would be the matchup if Bills win and Titans lose to Texans this week.

If this happened Tennessee's D is terrible against most teams. But they play this cloud coverage that screws up Josh Allen. In the previous Tenny vs Buffalo game Allen got frustrated he couldn't hit his primary downfield and kept hitting checkdowns..giving up on going further downfield.

Also, Tenny's offense stomped on the Bills. Bills can get bullied inside zone, throws to middle of the field. Everything Tenny does Buffalo hates.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:52 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

I was wrong. Assuming Buffalo wins this week and Browns, Titans win Buffalo gets Indy.

But Tennessee would be the matchup if Bills win and Titans lose to Texans this week.

If this happened Tennessee's D is terrible against most teams. But they play this cloud coverage that screws up Josh Allen. In the previous Tenny vs Buffalo game Allen got frustrated he couldn't hit his primary downfield and kept hitting checkdowns..giving up on going further downfield.

Also, Tenny's offense stomped on the Bills. Bills can get bullied inside zone, throws to middle of the field. Everything Tenny does Buffalo hates.
Tennessee's offense can be a problem for many teams. They have the league's best running back and physical receivers. More weapons than they had last season. Their problem is the pass defense.

I feel like Allen keeps improving as a QB. Teams watch film so it's hard to think what Tennessee or KC did against him earlier this season hasn't been copied by others.

Then again, one game anything can happen. Buffalo hasn't won a playoff game in forever. The Titans won two last season.

I will really look forward to football next week knowing the Chiefs don't play. One less stressful weekend.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:58 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
Tennessee's offense can be a problem for many teams. They have the league's best running back and physical receivers. More weapons than they had last season. Their problem is the pass defense.

I feel like Allen keeps improving as a QB. Teams watch film so it's hard to think what Tennessee or KC did against him earlier this season hasn't been copied by others.

Then again, one game anything can happen. Buffalo hasn't won a playoff game in forever. The Titans won two last season.

I will really look forward to football next week knowing the Chiefs don't play. One less stressful weekend.
The Titans D is pretty bad against most QB's. Best way to describe it is "guard the bleachers". Buffalo's offense did not like it. And Titans were missing a bunch of players including most of their WR's and best pass-rusher in Simmons.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:28 PM 12-30-2020
I bet our divisional round opponent will be either the Ravens or Titans. We know we won't be facing the Bills or Steelers.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:36 PM 12-30-2020
Baltimore @ Tennessee in the first round is going to be fun.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:34 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I bet our divisional round opponent will be either the Ravens or Titans. We know we won't be facing the Bills or Steelers.
There no possible way, none, zilch we see the Bills or Steelers in the divisional round.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:23 AM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
There no possible way, none, zilch we see the Bills or Steelers in the divisional round.
That's exactly what he said.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:36 AM 12-31-2020
I'm really interested to see how Buffalo plays their game vs Miami which depends on how the Steelers/Browns game goes. Buffalo knows the Steelers aren't playing their starters so they could still lose & get the 2nd seed if the Browns win their must win game vs the Steelers. Miami has to win to get in if the Browns win.

These games fascinate me. They change the whole alignment of the seedings.
They'll all be watching the scoreboard since the games are on at the same time.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:58 AM 12-31-2020
Miami win, Cleveland win = Miami 5th seed, Cleveland 7th seed & Indy out.
Miami win, Cleveland loss = Miami 5th seed, Indy 7th seed, Cleveland out.
Miami loss, Cleveland win = Cleveland 6th seed, Indy 7th seed & Miami out.
Miami loss, Cleveland loss = Indy 6th seed, Miami 7th seed, Cleveland out.

I guess Miami could lose & still make it...Cleveland has the must win game.

These are all made with the assumption that Indy beats Jacksonville or Baltimore beats Jacksonville or Houston beats Tennessee.
Everything changes if Cincinnati beats Baltimore or if Jacksonville beats the Colts or if Houston beats Tennessee.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:41 PM 12-31-2020
Yes...I picked the Chiefs to lose on Sunday.

Come at me!

[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 03:47 PM 12-31-2020
I kinda hope they lose, 15-1 hasn't sounded like it has fared well
[Reply]
Gravedigger 03:51 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Yes...I picked the Chiefs to lose on Sunday.

Come at me!

Chargers better win against our backups and Henne, would be the most disappointing season end ever if they didn't.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:55 PM 12-31-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Chargers better win against our backups and Henne, would be the most disappointing season end ever if they didn't.
If they can't beat the Chiefs "B" team, that would be embarassing.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:52 PM 12-31-2020
Cynthia Frelund’s Playoff Projection

AFC:

Chiefs- bye

7. Colts @ 2. Bills
6. Browns @ 3. Steelers
5. Ravens @ 4. Titans

NFC:

Packers- bye

7. Rams @ 2. Saints
6. Cardinals @ 3. Seahawks