« First < 101617181920 212223 >
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN Playoff Machine
RINGLEADER 10:58 PM 11-22-2020
It's back...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
[Reply]
tk13 11:28 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
If Indy beats Pitt, Miami beats Raiders and Buff beats NE then Buff can screw the Ravens over.

Buff would have the 2 seed locked up and could rest their starters in week 17 (vs Mia), allowing Miami to get in over the Ravens.
Pretty sure this is a big part of the scenario where that Cleveland/Pitt game in week 17 either puts Cleveland as the 3 seed, or out of the playoffs entirely.

Pittsburgh wins and they might very well let the Ravens in. But if they lose Pittsburgh's going on the road.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:53 AM 12-22-2020
It’s going to be kinda hard not flipping over to watch that Colts vs Steelers game on Sunday at noon.
[Reply]
Azide22 01:34 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by New World Order:
If Indy beats Pitt, Miami beats Raiders and Buff beats NE then Buff can screw the Ravens over.

Buff would have the 2 seed locked up and could rest their starters in week 17 (vs Mia), allowing Miami to get in over the Ravens.
This is cool! Who do you want to play? I know many people's thoughts on the Ravens, but I'd have to think I'd rather play the Dolphins than the Ravens.
[Reply]
Azide22 02:16 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
The following teams have to win in the next two weeks for the Bills to get the bye:

Bills win last two versus Patriots and Dolphins then...

In week 16 the following teams win: Vikings Lions Raiders Giants Bengals Falcons Steelers Browns Washington Chargers

and

In week 17 the following teams win: Bengals Steelers Titans Chargers Patriots Falcons Raiders

It isn’t happening.

Regardless of what happens with the Chiefs the pathway for either the Bills or Steelers to get the bye is nearly impossible. It’s over. Path to the Super Bowl runs through Arrowhead.
In a world with each game being a coinflip, which it is not, Chiefs get 1 seed 99.55% of scenarios. Steelers 0.40%, Bills 0.05%. Weight those odds with strength of team indicators, and it's like 0.000000005%.

It's just fun to talk about, I guess. I mostly am just glad that we aren't likely to try and take 3 full weeks off though. That would be dangerous, IMO.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:35 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
It was Blaylock not LJ.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
:-)

I was at that game and completely forgot Blaylock was even on our team.

It was an NFL record.

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/...8-rushing-tds/
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:37 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-)

I was at that game and completely forgot Blaylock was even on our team.

It was an NFL record.

https://www.profootballhof.com/news/...8-rushing-tds/
I was also at the game, which is why I remembered Blaylock. Our starter rushed for 4 TDs, and then we put our backup in, and he ran for 4 TDs.

Its the highest Chiefs score of any Chiefs game I have ever attended.

[Reply]
Azide22 02:40 PM 12-22-2020
I was also at the game, which is why I remembered Blaylock. Our starter rushed for 4 TDs, and then we put our backup in, and he ran for 4 TDs.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0410240kan.htm

Atlanta's only score was a PR TD. That was a fun Chiefs run. The Dante Hall explosion, Priest Holmes, Trent Green, Kennison, LJ, and of course Tony Gonzalez. Defense? Yikes - some of the worst defenses in history.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:00 PM 12-22-2020

I wish they had kept Priest in to see how many TDs he could get. Possible record. I believe that game was before his serious injury later that year.
[Reply]
Azide22 04:51 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
I wish they had kept Priest in to see how many TDs he could get. Possible record. I believe that game was before his serious injury later that year.
I believe the serious injury was 2005 - so the next year.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:09 AM 12-27-2020
Let's just win today & forget all about these damn scenarios! :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:16 PM 12-27-2020
Bye bye baby!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:49 PM 12-29-2020

[Reply]
Chargem 09:04 AM 12-30-2020
I just chucked in some likely outcomes for week 17 and got for the AFC:

Colts at Bills
Browns at Steelers
Ravens at Tenessee

Some quite good storylines and games there.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:24 AM 12-30-2020
There's an interesting situation in Buffalo and Pittsburgh. As far as I can tell, it looks like the only way that Buffalo loses the 2 seed is if Pittsburgh wins. I think Pittsburgh has already decided to rest starters. But will Buffalo play their starters just in case Pittsburgh's backups manage to beat Cleveland? Depending on who the Steelers sit, it's possible. Maybe Buffalo will begin the game with starters and monitor the situation in Cleveland?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:34 AM 12-30-2020
I ran the scenarios assuming Buffalo and Pittsburgh lose resting starters.

Wildcard:

Buffalo 2 vs Cleveland 7

Baltimore 6 vs Pittsburgh 3

Miami 5 vs Tennessee 4

I then pick Buffalo, Baltimore, Tennessee in those matchups.

Next round would be..

Kansas City1 vs Baltimore 6

Buffalo 2 vs Tennessee 4

Then that makes me predict KC and Tennessee in the AFC Championship.

Repeat of last year!
[Reply]
Page 20 of 23
« First < 101617181920 212223 >
Up