« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>ESPN Playoff Machine
RINGLEADER 10:58 PM 11-22-2020
It's back...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
[Reply]
Azide22 01:11 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If the Chiefs lose both NFC games but beats the Chargers, they cannot lose a tiebreaker to the Bills, who already have two AFC losses.

In fact, the Steelers would also have two AFC losses if they finish 13-3 because they only have AFC opponents left.

If the Chiefs beat the Chargers, there's almost no chance they don't get the #1 seed unless the Steelers win out.
Yeah, I guess, it really comes down to this - the Chiefs are allowed one mulligan in next 2 games. They better NOT lose 2 more in any configuration of losses, or they aren't deserving. There is a scenario where the last game wouldn't matter, then to which that last sentence does not apply.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:14 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yeah, you're right. I hadn't actually selected that the Chiefs "won" against the Chargers in the second one. If you do, they're identical scenarios. Same deal with the last one.

So to try and summarize again, we get the bye if:
-We win out.
-We only lose one, and it's to either the Saints or Falcons.
-The Steelers drop one more game. (Technically there are super weird tiebreaker scenarios that would make this untrue, but it's VERY unlikely.)
Yes, that's a good summary.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:19 PM 12-15-2020
Yeah, you're right. I hadn't actually selected that the Chiefs "won" against the Chargers in the second one. If you do, they're identical scenarios. Same deal with the last one.

-We win out.
-The Steelers drop one more game. (Technically there are super weird tiebreaker scenarios that would make this untrue, but they are VERY unlikely.)
If the Chiefs beat the Falcons & Chargers they will get the bye.

The Saints game has no meaning in the grand scheme of things.
[Reply]
Azide22 01:21 PM 12-15-2020

-We win out.
-The Steelers drop one more game. (Technically there are super weird tiebreaker scenarios that would make this untrue, but they are VERY unlikely.)
It's a VERY GOOD time to be a Chiefs fan! Let's get that bye!
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:22 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
That's fine and all, but we're going to kick 100% OF THEIR ASS
[Reply]
Lzen 01:30 PM 12-15-2020
Looking at the comments on there and it amazes me how many ignorant football fans are on there commenting.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:31 PM 12-15-2020
If the Chiefs beat the Falcons & Chargers they will get the bye.

Or Chiefs beat Saints & Chargers, Falcons game has no meaning.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:36 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Or Chiefs beat Saints & Chargers, Falcons game has no meaning.
Since the Saints game was this week is why I mentioned the Saints. The Chargers game is the only must win game left on the schedule & even by then it may have no meaning depending on the Steelers.
[Reply]
Azide22 01:50 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
That's fine and all, but we're going to kick 100% OF THEIR ASS
Yep. My preferred strategy.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 01:59 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
This.

It's not about the home field advantage. In fact, I can make a strong argument that the Chiefs are a better team on the road this year than they are at home. Most of their big 'statement' wins have been on the road.

It's all about that extra week off, giving guys more rest, healing from injuries, and the long mental grind of this COVID season. So getting that bye is a BIG advantage over other teams.

And, again, having to only win 2 games to get to the Super Bowl, is a lot less wear and tear on a team that late in the season than having to win 3.
Just make sure everyone stays in a bubble during the week off. A positive covid test requires at least 5 days out and if there are symptoms, its 10 from the start of symptoms.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 02:09 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by Azide22:
They better NOT lose 2 more in any configuration of losses, or they aren't deserving.
LOL. A team that goes 13-3 deserves the ALL CAPS treatment for not deserving a bye?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:22 PM 12-15-2020
Looking at the Bills message board (an incredibly active and impressive board, probably second most active i've seen after CP) their fans actually think they're going to the Super Bowl.

It's adorable.

Reminds me of the Alex Smiff days pre-Mahomes when we would convince ourselves that we had the team to get by the Patriots.

At the end of the day, the king always wins.
[Reply]
Azide22 02:22 PM 12-15-2020
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
LOL. A team that goes 13-3 deserves the ALL CAPS treatment for not deserving a bye?
Well, the single bye thing changed things, and if they lose 2 of these games - and they matter - that's not exactly taking the bull by the horns.

Still, (not particularly subtly) implied in that comment is that they aren't losing 2 games, assuming they all matter still. (There are a few scenarios they could have one loss in next 2, and still have the Chargers game not matter).
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:56 PM 12-15-2020
Since the Saints game was this week is why I mentioned the Saints. The Chargers game is the only must win game left on the schedule & even by then it may have no meaning depending on the Steelers.
Correct.

Depending on how things play out with the Steelers, the only real must-win game is the Chargers.
[Reply]
TEX 04:03 PM 12-15-2020
Can someone explain to me how Buff gets the #1 seed if KC and Buff both finish 13-3? I just did a scenario where KC and Buff both finished 13-3 and that's how it came out. I think its wrong. I thought first tie-breaker was head to head, then conference record?
[Reply]
Page 13 of 23
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up