ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 161 of 256
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Bump 09:38 PM 03-10-2022
I'm loving Elden Ring, haven't gotten into a new game in years and this one is made really well and I like that it's open world without mandatory quests you can just do whatever you want with no direction.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03-11-2022, 07:30 AM
This message has been deleted by Simply Red.
tredadda 10:10 AM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
If you’ve never played it, Witcher 3 is also a must.
^ This. It is definitely in my Top 5 greatest games ever made. I read somewhere that CDPR is optimizing it for next gen systems similar to what they did with Cyberpunk 2077. If true, I am excited to see what that will look like.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:24 AM 03-11-2022
I've never actually played Witcher 3. It seems people either think it's one of the best games ever or the controls were so wonky that they couldn't get into it.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:55 AM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I've never actually played Witcher 3. It seems people either think it's one of the best games ever or the controls were so wonky that they couldn't get into it.
To me the controls are relatively simple and fighting was pretty simplistic. For some that’s a problem, but I personally liked it. I hate games where I need to press a direction on the D-Pad while holding R2 while jumping to do a weak attack and do the reverse to do a medium attack etc…. I like the simplistic controls. You can usually get the GOTY version of Witcher 3 for a steep discount. It’s worth it to give it a try.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:46 AM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Witcher 3 is definitely a nobrainer for you. Hell, you won't even be confused by the complex background story.
I missed the sale for the standard edition on the store yesterday. Will wait and see if the goy edition goes on sale anytime soon for the extra content.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:55 AM 03-11-2022
So for RDR2 seems to have crap ton of editions/bundles available. Any reason to buy more than just standard edition? Not paying $80 for "special" or $100 for "ultimate. Would prefer to buy downloadable versions so I don't have to keep a disc, but used copies seem pretty cheap on ebay.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:31 PM 03-11-2022
Couldn't get into it. I played it for like an hour at most and it's been collecting dust ever since.

A lot of people swear by this game. It just couldn't hold my attention.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:32 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by unlurking:
So for RDR2 seems to have crap ton of editions/bundles available. Any reason to buy more than just standard edition? Not paying $80 for "special" or $100 for "ultimate. Would prefer to buy downloadable versions so I don't have to keep a disc, but used copies seem pretty cheap on ebay.
I fucking love RDR2. It's one of the most gorgeous, relaxing games i own. I play it when i need a break from chaotic FPS's. What do the bundles include?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:35 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Couldn't get into it. I played it for like an hour at most and it's been collecting dust ever since.

See? Lol

Seems like you either love it or just couldn’t get through it for more than an hour or two. Very weird contrast in the player base.

I bought the standard digital version for about $40 and, knowing what I know now, I’d pay twice that for the base game. It’s that good.

That said, I never bothered with any of the DLC or online or anything so maybe I’m not the best person to ask.

If you’re just looking for a bomb ass single-player experience, I would recommend the standard game. You won’t be disappointed.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:50 PM 03-11-2022

That said, I never bothered with any of the DLC or online or anything so maybe I’m not the best person to ask.

If you’re just looking for a bomb ass single-player experience, I would recommend the standard game. You won’t be disappointed.
You're missing out. Story mode is magical, just like RDR1.

But the online play in RDR2 is vastly greater than 1. Being able to create, customize and progress a character in an open world, multiplayer environment is almost mandatory for me these days.

And while RDR2 Online isn't the streamlined, multi-layered, option littered beast that GTA Online is, it's good in its own right.

Wheras GTA Online is fast paced, easily fulfilled and loaded with content and game modes, RDR2 stays true to itself as a great action RPG/Hunting Sim. It's a nice, slow burn that's so visually gorgeous that it begs you to stop, marvel at the scenescapes and smell the roses...and then shoot that fucking deer.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:53 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Same here. And I like the whole Witcher concept. It just didn’t catch my attention like I had hoped.
[Reply]
unlurking 01:25 PM 03-11-2022
$10 is online only.
$20 story mode gets standard and story, but says online mode is required.
$24 gets standard, story mode, and online mode.
$100 gets everything, including special edition which appears to have been removed today.

EDIT: Looks like special edition is only in my Xbox store, but for $80 is gets everything except ultimate edition and online. Includes story mode, but says you still need to buy online. lol
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:03 PM 03-11-2022
$10 is online only.
$20 story mode gets standard and story, but says online mode is required.
$24 gets standard, story mode, and online mode.
$100 gets everything, including special edition which appears to have been removed today.

EDIT: Looks like special edition is only in my Xbox store, but for $80 is gets everything except ultimate edition and online. Includes story mode, but says you still need to buy online. lol
Weird.

I still don't understand what makes the Special Edition so special. Not for no goddamn $99.

I'd buy the $24 version. That sounds like the normal game as it was meant to be. If you like single player campaigns, RDR2's is one of the best ive ever played.

Once that campaign is done though, you're probably gonna want to venture into the Online open world.
[Reply]
kcpasco 02:40 PM 03-11-2022
Witcher 3 is definitely in my top 10. Probably top 3 in later generation gaming. My favorites are still Castlevania symphony of the night and super Metroid. Hollow Knight is badass, can’t wait for the sequel.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:45 PM 03-11-2022
That makes me wonder.. how would you even go about creating a top 10 video game list of all-time?

How do you compare games like Super Mario World and Red Dead Redemption 2?
[Reply]
Page 161 of 256
« First < 61111151157158159160161 162163164165171211 > Last »
Up